What year is it?

CharagonIGN

hoy who remembers in i think its episode one (the film) where i think yoda says their republic was founded about 2000 years ago and this is about 1500 years before that?

does that mean that this war thats just started lasts 1500ish years?

hoy who remembers in i think its episode one (the film) where i think yoda says their republic was founded about 2000 years ago and this is about 1500 years before that?

No. The Sith disappeared after Bane stated the Rule of Two. The Sith reamerged in the form of Darth Maul. The Sith Empire was never TRULY reborn after Bane's stupidity

The republic was founded a lot earlier than 2000 years before The Phantom Menace

The Galactic Republic in one form or another spanned 25 000 years.

Perhaps he meant 2000 years since the sith disappeared (can't remember the movie well)

It's been roughly ten years since the Treaty of Coruscant was signed. The various class stories don't all take place at exactly the same time, so the game covers a time period of 3643 - 3641 BBY.

What I would like to know is, what was the calendar system they used BEFORE the OT. Using BBY is just plain stupid for this game; "yes, the year is 3643 years before the occurrence of this event that we have no idea that is going to happen". Seriously, somebody needs to make a calendar system for the old republic.

I'd imagine that we'd currently be using the Treaty of Coruscant as a referance point. So it's be 10 ATC or something

I know that prior to the Galactic Empire/Battle of Yavin they used the Ruusan Reformation as a reference point.

This :p

Also, if you go to gnost dural's time line on this site you'll notice they use BTC/ATC

So swtor story lines take place between 10-13 ATC, give or take? :p

What I would like to know is, what was the calendar system they used BEFORE the OT. Using BBY is just plain stupid for this game; "yes, the year is 3643 years before the occurrence of this event that we have no idea that is going to happen". Seriously, somebody needs to make a calendar system for the old republic.

0 ATC/2653 BRR/3,653 BBY

10 ATC/2643 BRR/3,643 BBY - SWTOR starts.

2653 ATC /0 ARR/1,000 BBY - The Movie Republic is reformed and the Sith Rule of Two is created.

3621 ATC/968 ARR/32 BBY - Episode 1

3653 ATC/1000 ARR/0 ABY - Episode 4

3657 ATC/1004 ARR/4 ABY - Episode 6.

ATC - After Treaty of Coruscant

BRR - Before Ruusan Reformation.

ARR - After Ruusan Reformation.

BBY - Before Battle of Yavin.

ABY - After Battle of Yavin.

Edited by AngelousWang

• 7 months later...
0 ATC/2653 BRR/3,653 BBY

10 ATC/2643 BRR/3,643 BBY - SWTOR starts.

2653 ATC /0 ARR/1,000 BBY - The Movie Republic is reformed and the Sith Rule of Two is created.

3621 ATC/968 ARR/32 BBY - Episode 1

3653 ATC/1000 ARR/0 ABY - Episode 4

3657 ATC/1004 ARR/4 ABY - Episode 6.

ATC - After Treaty of Coruscant

BRR - Before Ruusan Reformation.

ARR - After Ruusan Reformation.

BBY - Before Battle of Yavin.

ABY - After Battle of Yavin.

This is a very useful thread. people in chat are constantly asking what year it is and stuff.

what they are talking about is the reformation of the republic which happened 1000 years before the first film.

this was a time when the sith were believed dead (kai adu mundi "the sith have been extinct for a millennium")

the republic also changed and it was when the rule that chancellors can only have a limited term in office.