Dear Dev Team...Am I missing something??

Sazodeha

Then there is crafting, I have literally dumped insane amounts of credits on that with no return.

Theres your problem right there...

my level 32 character is swimming in money, and ive done nothing special to get more money. Didnt even use slicing before it was nerfed.

What i DIDNT do tho, was spend money on crafting missions. I will wait with that until i get to level 45-50 or so...

I knew it would be a major moneydrain and with no real returns you might as well wait with it until you have a stable and firm economic foundation.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying gear as you level up is the ultimate no no.

I had no clue that Speeder training rank 2 was 210K at level 40 and yet I had the credits when I hit that level. Leveling up through PvP will always leave you poor in almost any mmo. All that aside, buying gear (when leveling) is pointless. You'll just get better gear a level or two later.

Credits!!!!

put simply, the cost of everything balanced with the reward of where you earn credits is way off. at lev 30 it cost 4k to swap a mod out of your armor/weapons? I just trained my skills and it cost me 35k? My character is bleeding money and I cant make it back quick enough! What is going on with the cost of everything.

Being dead broke I was left with no choice but to head out to the fields and farm MOBs for an hour, just to see if maybe the yield would help. After one hour of killing MOBs non stop I earned a whooping 2k?????

Then there is crafting, I have literally dumped insane amounts of credits on that with no return.

Throw us a bone here, things are far, far, far too expensive compared to the amount of money we earn. I run these missions and they pay 800 credits? What is going on with the balance.

You dont want us farming but please explain to me how I am suppose to make enough money to properly equip my char with current mods, armor, weapons, training, among all the other cost you have built into this game.

Pardon me if I am feeling overly frustrated when at level 30 I cant keep more than 2 thousand credits to my name and armor/weapons off of the vendors cost 14-25K

Point Blank...Everything is way too expensive, balance it out with pay!!!!

Everything is not too expensive. You just aren't playing properly.

On my very first character I was able to afford all the speeder training as soon as I reached the minimum level for them, buy all my skills, keep my crafting up to date (Synthweaving), and keep my gear up to date.

I did this all without even trying. I never thought "oh I shouldn't buy that because I need to save my credits."

To put it simply.... you're doing it wrong.

money has been incredibly easy for me to make since level 1, I never had slicing either. I bought the 1.5mil mount the other day and now i'm up 500k already. I still think the cost of removing mods at 50 is way too high, it can go up to 40k for a single mod i've seen.

wait people remove mods from gear? thats such a waste of credits, you can get better stuff to deconstruct through crafting, and you can use commendations to get better mods than whats in your gear and just destroy them as you go. ive had 0 problem with money in this game and got lvl 2 mount at 40, my crafting are all 350+. i did stop buying the melee skills for my sorc though because i would never use them

I feel your pain. I can't tell you how to make a pile of credits, but a few things you wrote stood out to me that I would like to talk about.

"armor/weapons off of the vendors cost 14-25K "

Don't buy armor or weapons from vendors. In games like this--and, from what I've seen so far, this one too--the armor and weapons you get from missions and looting is usually just fine, with an occasional trip to the galactic market. I get the impression that you are frequently going to the vendor to get new armor, but you don't have to.

"please explain to me how I am suppose to make enough money to properly equip my char with current mods, armor, weapons, training"

Yes you should keep your gear current, but that doesn't mean updating everything every time you gain a level. The weapon you had at level 20 will probably still suit you at level 25. I had the same robe from level 12 to 21, with an occasional mod update bought with commendations.

"I just trained my skills and it cost me 35k?"

Skills are good to have. If you have money for skills, you should be glad.

I guess what it all boils down to is, in a game like this money is for things that you can only buy with money: skills, for instance. If you can get something in a way other than buying it, you should. My jedi is getting close to level 25, so I'm saving up for a personal speeder and the riding skill. I'm not spending money on much of anything. I'm doing a lot of synthweaving, because a lot of those materials can be had for free--there are crystals and artifacts lying around most places that I can just take. Save money for skills, speeders, training, things like that and don't worry about the rest.

you sir are a terribad...if you cant make a million credits without doing very much...your not doing soemthing you should be or doing something very very very very wrong.

i made 1 million credits in the first week.

(NO I DID NOT TAKE SLICING)

you need to understand your crew skills, understand GTN and undertsnad what quests give what.

You know, there is always someone in an MMO that just cannot cope with money. I guess you are one of those people.

It's a skill that has to be picked up, just like anything else. No one knows all the ins and outs right from the start.

you sir are a terribad...if you cant make a million credits without doing very much...your not doing soemthing you should be or doing something very very very very wrong.

i made 1 million credits in the first week.

(NO I DID NOT TAKE SLICING)

you need to understand your crew skills, understand GTN and undertsnad what quests give what.

Exploiting doesnt count...

Making and spending credits is like a mini-game. If you put in some work, you can get good at it. If you play casually, you can still do well by playing smart.

I can personally attest that you can cover costs just by questing all the way to 50. Don't buy crafting patterns your're not going to use personally. Don't buy class abilities for a group role other than your own. Don't remove mods. Don't pay credits for gear.

I assure you, it is possible to keep your gear up to date, reverse engineer blue patterns for stuff you'll wear, and pay for the what you need without doing anything on the GTN beyond posting random BoEs at recommended values.

Hi OP.

I can only tell what I have done (or not done) to date to maintain/gain credits. Please note, that I have not done any crafting or even spent a lot of time on crew skills. My crew skill levels are pathetic (10/90/50 I think). I have a level 36 Commando.

Do

1) Only use gear that you gain while running missions.

2) Replace old mods with new mods gained as mission rewards or through commendations.

3) Do all possible missions, including bonus series.

Don't

1) pay to remove mods (I did do this for awhile, but don't anymore).

2) bother to buy gear.

3) uh, I guess that is it.

That is all I really do, and I have about 225K in credits. I have bought all skills, but have not bothered buying gear or mods. I think that really sums it up.

edit: This is not meant to be some pro guide on earning money. What I am trying to say is that if you find yourself short on credits, it is because you are spending/buying too much. You don't really need to, from what I can tell. At least not while you are levelling.

Edited by SpeckledHen