Someone explain separatist in swtor

singularitynear

Since it's now the only way to be cool on the internet nowadays to bash people and say things like, "google is you friend" or "i think my pet gorilla could figure that out", or "i would answer you but currently have holes in my knees", or "if i had a penny for every useless post that was made, i would have a penny planet", or "shaba dunkee who tee dee - translation from Jawa to Basic = yo bro u jelly? " etc etc etc

this video inspired me to ask btw

I will state to you, that i shall resist the fire, the flames, the bullets, and the cannons......

That being said, i keep hearing in star wars the term separatist....

who is separating, and *** is going on captain skyhawk (no idea who that is)

anyways, anyone who is very busy in RL, and who never has time to explore the forums, please reply.... thanks:D

Did you really make a thread to ask a question, then fill 4/5 of the post with 'I am Flame Retardant' notices? Instead of simply asking the question?

To your question, once I sifted through the poorly written crap, a separatist is any individual who wants to separate from the current form of government to another (usually seeking independence from perceived tyranny.

Republic separatists want to secede from the Republic.

omg omg omg omg, the assault............verbal assaults.....my armor is breaking...... i ...must...resist...... words like "retardant"...... and "poorly written " Clever guerrilla warfare they are....must fight...must keep going...............ok i survived.....BRING IT !

It should be noted there are two terms: separatist, as in one who wants to "separate" from the Republic (or even Empire), and Separatist, a member of the Confederacy of Independent Systems in the Clone Wars era.

Pretty much all the uses of separatist in TOR are referring to the former. . . random groups who, for some reason or another, want to be independent from whoever is currently ruling them. Just like, in the Empire quest lines, you run into a number of "rebels," people who are rebelling against the Empire, but no "Rebels," as in members of the Rebel Alliance (or Alliance to Restore the Republic, as it is more formally known.)

omg omg omg omg, the assault............verbal assaults.....my armor is breaking...... i ...must...resist...... words like "retardant"...... and "poorly written " Clever guerrilla warfare they are....must fight...must keep going...............ok i survived.....BRING IT !

What are you, seven?

Anyway, as stated above, seperatist means someone who wants to secede. In TOR's case, this would be anyone who wanted to leave the Republic.

After playing an IA to max level and then playing a trooper for a bit, I have to say I found the separatists on the starting world comical. By all means, leave the Republic. Look how that worked for Alderaan, I'm sure it'll turn out well for you, too. Chumps really don't understand how the Empire works.