New player species soon?

WilV

Has anyone heard anything about new player species being added? I really wanted to play a Togruta and a Nautolan but unfortunately neither are available. I see plenty of these species as NPC in all shapes and sizes so why aren't we permitted to use them as characters. :confused:

Expansion! They gotta keep/bring people back somehow!

Coming in 2014: Star Wars: The Old Republic: The New Jedi Order

- Play as the Yuuzhang Vong!

- Explore the new Galaxy of *insert random name*

- Combine never before seen Species/Class combinations... like... Chiss Jedi Smuggly Hunter!

- DANCE STUDIO

The game hasn't been out a month. Good grief.

Your point?

I know for a fact that I'm not the only person that thinks the amount of player species in this game is lacking. I'm certainly not the only person who wanted to play something other than what we currently have available. Back in beta Togruta and Nautolan were the most requested species and yet they chose to ignore the players feedback and requests. :confused:

- Combine never before seen Species/Class combinations... like... Chiss Jedi Smuggly Hunter!

- DANCE STUDIO

Exactly my fear. By the time they do decide to make them available I'll prob have no room for a new character or no desire to grind yet another alt :(

I hope if this IS the way they choose to go that at least they release a species change feature along w/ it.

- DANCE STUDIO

Bring people back? I never planned on leaving. BioWare is my company, been with them for a long time and love all the games they make!

• 3 months later...
I'm just hoping for my friends, they won't be forced to lvl another toon up just for the species. How would you feel to go..."Ahh finally!...50! ( as a human, fav species is Trandosain ) trandosain playable species is out....really? ". I myself am purely human, but hope you Dev's consider this well.

In case anyone missed this from the April 27th Community Q&A:

JimG: Is there any sort of ETA on adding completely new playable species into the game such as Togruta, Mon Calamari, Nautolan, etc.?

Daniel: Can’t comment on what species you might see, but you can expect the roster of playable species to expand... this year.

In case anyone missed this from the April 27th Community Q&A:

Yeah, I remember this comment, which kind of answers the question of the OP. Basically they said it will happen when we get more story, which will happen this year, probably 1.4 or 1.5.

- DANCE STUDIO

Haaaaaaaaaaaa.

That Dance Studio thing is still funny.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.