So will the marauder get fixed?

Chillwave

I think we can make this discussion really, really simple:

Compare the Marauder to the Juggernaut DPS spec.

Does the Marauder do more or less DPS.

Does the Marauder have more or less armor.

Does the Marauder have more or fewer CC's.

etc.

IMO - outside wanting to look "cool" and carry two lightsabers instead of one, what is the Marauder for?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

etc.

IMO - outside wanting to look "cool" and carry two lightsabers instead of one, what is the Marauder for?

1. Similar damage to a target dummy. Less damage in reality because they have to constantly dis-engage to avoid incoming damage and/or die more.

2. Less.

3. Fewer.

etc.

less damage in rage spec, but annihilation is so much better (bleed damage when you aren't on target, self heals, and arguably more sustained dps) aside from the high crit damage rage has.

Less armor but MORE survival cooldowns.

Less CC but we don't need them like other classes do, duel a sorc and see what happens, charging him every 12 seconds does a good job of keeping you on target.

etc.

PvP or PvE? Force choke is vital in rage spec, and jugg dont haver to sit an channel it like a maurader does. But here: Rage jugg vs top dps marauder spec (carnage), marauder does better.

Definately less armor.

Marauder has no CC's to speak of, they rely more on escapes (force camoflauge, cloak of pain, saber ward, undying rage, predation)

edit: to answer your question "what is a marauder for?" we are for execution, we kill low hp targets better than anyone else, we clean up stray targets, we buff the group on burn phases, we support the group in combat mobility, and we have the ONLY "mortal strike" or healing debuff in the game.

Edited by Shadinaxx

...we kill low hp targets better than anyone else...

Not exactly accurate. If you drop below 30% health, a Sniper can take you out with a single instant shot from 35m away. Considering that a Sniper can take most classes from 50% to below 30% in a single shot, when it comes to taking damaged targets down I doubt it can be beat.

The class is not broken, so it does not need fixing.

The class performs only as well as the person playing it, so if you think the class is bad its not he class its you. Bad players will ALWAYS claim the class is underpowered or broken instead of admiting they just are bad players.

You know your a troll right? It seems every post you make says the same exact thing. You like calling everyone bad players even when you seem to be outnumbered. Perhaps they are correct and your full of it... thats what I am thinking.

thanks for the replies. I"m playing a (Jedi) Guardian tank and a Marauder, and the OBVIOUS answer to my question(s) should have been (Marauder) does more damage but has less armor. but it doesn't seem that way...yet.

and maybe it's just me - but I'm used to a different paradigm in my MMOs:

TANK - absorbs damage, holds aggro. does decent damage, but nothing like a DPS class.

HEALER - keeps party alive, mostly keeps TANK alive, does some DPS.

DPS - burns enemies down so HEALER and TANK have an easier job. also CC's bigger crowds to manageable crowds for the group. in PvP those CC's also help group deal with fewer targets at a time.

BUT in SWTOR, the TANK and HEALER both have a ton of CC's and do decent damage. hench people feeling frustrated with the Marauder class.

thanks for the replies. I"m playing a (Jedi) Guardian tank and a Marauder, and the OBVIOUS answer to my question(s) should have been (Marauder) does more damage but has less armor. but it doesn't seem that way...yet.

You have to remember that Jugganaut is a DPS or TANK class whereas Marauder is only a DPS class and that's where one of the issues is since Jugganaut has higher survivability then Marauder but is essentially able to spec up for fairly similar damage so that they can go "DPS". I don't think Guardian or Jugganaut should have had DPS paths in honesty other then a revenge/reflect type tree so that damage taken becomes greater damage done.

One of the problems is that all the classes have variety to them except 2... one is Marauder/Sentinel and the other is Sniper/Gunslinger which both can only do DPS, you'd think that these two classes would stand out more in this area because DPS is literally all they can do but Marauder/Sentinel really do not stand out and are in fact a liability due to AoE effects and melee range limitations with no benefits to overcome this clear liability issue.

The Devs have admitted that there is an issue with "complex rotations", personally I don't think that's the issue with Marauder at all, I actually like that part of Marauder since it does add skill to our class, I think the issue is more frankly our lack of survivability and the fact our damage doesn't stand out in any significant or useful ways, it's simply more spikey on a graph but normalizes out about the same as every other DPS build around.

Edited by nonumbers