So will the marauder get fixed?

Chillwave

I'm with those who think they are underpowered. Currently playing a Carnage build (lvl 33). I get my but kicked in solo content. Obviously I'm not the best player out there, but playing the other classes seems easy compared to the Marauder.

Marauders are definitely not underpowered.

Keep your gear up to par and more importantly your companion's gear up to par and you'll tear through stuff with ease.

You're also the perfect level to try Annihilation spec w/Quinn.. .give it a shot.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The class is not broken, so it does not need fixing.

The class performs only as well as the person playing it, so if you think the class is bad its not he class its you. Bad players will ALWAYS claim the class is underpowered or broken instead of admiting they just are bad players.

The class is not broken, so it does not need fixing.

The class performs only as well as the person playing it, so if you think the class is bad its not he class its you. Bad players will ALWAYS claim the class is underpowered or broken instead of admiting they just are bad players.

Agree, I've always said this class is a powerhouse and haven't had ANY issues soloing.. everyone kept telling me "wait until you're higher level" blah blah blah.. i'm now lvl 45 and I still don't have any issues.

What's next? Are people going to tell me to wait until I hit 50? Gimme a break.

Marauders are awesome!

"it also doesnt address that the class has power issues unless you group all the way to 50." Wrong, I'm lvl 46 and have NO issues.. never grouped once for quests.

"The class is heavily gear and cooldown reliant." Kinda but who's going to have a toon that has gear from 10 levels ago?

"if any of your cooldowns are not up and you are not using the perfect pet you will die or finish every fight at low health.." Wrong, I can chain my fights becuase I am almost at full health when the fight is over.. I have almost zero downtime unless I fight multiple Strongs above my level.

proof then.. vids of you chaining same level mobs with silvers and golds.. or even some of the class quest fights. I'll be waiting for that vid.. be sure to show your gear as well.

proof then.. vids of you chaining same level mobs with silvers and golds.. or even some of the class quest fights. I'll be waiting for that vid.. be sure to show your gear as well.

Yes because I'm lying. :rolleyes:

Just because YOU can't do it, or have trouble with this class doesn't mean it's broken, or other people won't have issues with it.

There is ALWAYS someone else that is better than you, me, or the next person out there.

Fact.

Yes because I'm lying. :rolleyes:

Just because YOU can't do it, or have trouble with this class doesn't mean it's broken, or other people won't have issues with it.

There is ALWAYS someone else that is better than you, me, or the next person out there.

Fact.

actually almost every Mar on my server is saying the same thing.. not hard to watch general and talk to other mars and watch PVP results.. we have 10 L50 mars in my guild as well that all said the same thing.. class is good but too fragile in both PVE/PVP

So post it up or shut it up.. its that easy.

actually almost every Mar on my server is saying the same thing.. .

Really?

I'm amazed that you know how many Marauders are on your server and the percentage of them that can't play the class correctly.

in PVE the class is fine!

if you disagree, then you simply aren't playing it correctly.. it's ok, not everyone can be good, but it takes a bigger person to admit they aren't as good as others.

We all know which category you fall into.

Really?

I'm amazed that you know how many Marauders are on your server and the percentage of them that can't play the class correctly.

in PVE the class is fine!

if you disagree, then you simply aren't playing it correctly.. it's ok, not everyone can be good, but it takes a bigger person to admit they aren't as good as others.

We all know which category you fall into.

so again.. no proof and name calling..

and yes I do talk to alot of Mars..

its called /who mar and it shows all the mars currently logged on..

not hard to talk to people..

I love how people call names.. and call bads.. but still no proof from any of them.

I've given proof before when Teladis was QQ'ing about the lack of survivability... I made a YouTube video and proved him wrong.

Do you know the problem with giving proof? People always disregard the proof and find something else to complain about.

For instance:

In my video I was lvl 31 taking on a 34 Elite.

Proved him wrong.

He switched his argument to the fact that I was using Quinn, and I was too low of a level to have issues.

That's the problem, if I put up a video of whatever.. the arguement will be "well you used Quinn" or "you are in all purple gear" or ANYTHING to make it seem like the point wasn't proven.

You know Crippling Slash stays on the target for 12 seconds right? If you can't kill someone in that time your doing something wrong.

I am well aware of Crippling Slash, however slow downs aren't brilliant CCs, other classes have more effective CCs that essentially stop us dead, which is my point. Marauder is the easiest class to CC and our counter is we can just "slow" down our targets. Also Crippling Slash requires Rage which means you can not start with the move unless you have rage left over from a previous fight. Also as I've said Sorcerer gets static barrier and force speed as well as the 2 minute cooldown CC breaker. Also ironically we are not the only class that "disappear" either.

Edited by nonumbers

On Voss I took on the Dark Heart guy solo w/Quinn (at level 45) and burned him down in no time at all.

I haven't had any issues with class quests yet.

On Voss I took on the Dark Heart guy solo w/Quinn (at level 45) and burned him down in no time at all.

All pets and all specs need to be valid.. or else people will get shoehorned into a play style..

so yes he is somewhat correct.

now instead of telling people L2P why don't people go into depth on why they think they are doing better than many others..

is it how you are gearing? ( stat weight)

a play style?

a spec?

I personally know what every ability is and how it works.. and when to use them.. ( am using a razer naga and macroable keyboard as well for input and know how to use them)

I interrupt nasty abilities and use my survive buffs.

I refuse to use anything other than the Might mods

guardian is for tanks.

I'm geared for STR/END/CRIT/SURGE in that order

I am a Anni speced L50 and use berserk to heal myself and the party when it is up..

I have tried all 3 trees and found equal results..

with rage being a little better for PVE leveling due to shockwave as soon as you can get it.

Now instead of just flat being a Hizoka and providing nothing but L2P flames.

why dont some of you that think the class is fine share what you are doing differently.

so maybe we can get it out to the entire community and FIX everyone.

Are you loading up END? are you constantly buffing with END buffs? how have you geared whatever comp is working best for you. ( stat mod wise)

I did my entire correllia class quest last night and had a hell of a time even at L50 with fully geared comps. and myself having L45-8 mods/armoring and accessories and Voss sabers with L49 might hilts put in.

hes one of those people that no matter how much proof you give he will never believe it, hes a bad player and blame the class for his short comings. Also if he cannot do it then its impossible.

Edited by Hizoka

I managed a 2 elite fight with Jaesa recently, that was fun.

/irrelevant

Edited by Sayc

I did my entire correllia class quest last night and had a hell of a time even at L50 with fully geared comps. and myself having L45-8 mods/armoring and accessories and Voss sabers with L49 might hilts put in.

The consensus seems to be this:

Class is fine, L2P BUT !

You need to use Quinn

You need to play Annihilation

You need to have all top of the line purple gear/mods

You need a full macroable/keybindable keyboard+mice :confused:

Seriously if this isn't a proof of how the class is limited in playstyle for levelling purpose :(

Sad to see some classes like Sorcerers being able to push through class quests without a sweat :o

All pets and all specs need to be valid.. or else people will get shoehorned into a play style..

so yes he is somewhat correct.

now instead of telling people L2P why don't people go into depth on why they think they are doing better than many others..

is it how you are gearing? ( stat weight)

a play style?

a spec?

I personally know what every ability is and how it works.. and when to use them.. ( am using a razer naga and macroable keyboard as well for input and know how to use them)

I interrupt nasty abilities and use my survive buffs.

I refuse to use anything other than the Might mods

guardian is for tanks.

I'm geared for STR/END/CRIT/SURGE in that order

I am a Anni speced L50 and use berserk to heal myself and the party when it is up..

I have tried all 3 trees and found equal results..

with rage being a little better for PVE leveling due to shockwave as soon as you can get it.

Now instead of just flat being a Hizoka and providing nothing but L2P flames.

why dont some of you that think the class is fine share what you are doing differently.

so maybe we can get it out to the entire community and FIX everyone.

Are you loading up END? are you constantly buffing with END buffs? how have you geared whatever comp is working best for you. ( stat mod wise)

my stat priorities are:

Str

Crit

Surge

End.

I am Annihilation spec, use STR stims, and lvl 40 healthpacks, I have lvl 45 Blue implants (Critical version)

I keep Quinn geared up the best I can, and the ONLY time I change out a piece of gear on him is if the Cunning is higher.

My Playstyle = I'm a clicker... everyone will tell me that I'm bad, but if I'm so bad because I click then how am I not having any issues?

If I have 2 same level Elites then I'm pretty much in trouble and MIGHT get out alive.

2 same level Strongs = I'll win but I will be licking my wounds.

7 normal mobs 3 levels above me = they will die... and die fast.

a Champion 1 level above me = he dead. (depending on which Champion, as some are super tough)

my gear is a mix of Orange and blues with green belt and wrists.

Class is fine, L2P BUT !

You need to use Quinn

Seriously if this isn't a proof of how the class is limited in playstyle for levelling purpose :(

Sad to see some classes like Sorcerers being able to push through class quests without a sweat :o

I'm a clicker.

The only thing you NEED to do is make sure you and your companion are geared up.

Yeah I understand you after reading your post above:

I can too beat on a full normal pack, a pack full of normal mobs AND ONE strong, two strong and nothing else is A-OK, a single Elite or even a champion is no trouble at all.

BUT, fighting a pack of say, 2-3 normals + 1 strong + 1 elite (or champ) there it's a bit rough withou top-of-the line upgrades + best stimpack and all... If you're too slow to move or use skills at the good time, you're nearly dead :D

But in a team scenario you'd have healers and well with a pocket healer we simply become a wreckling ball of epic proportions ;-]

As does any damage class in the game. All things being equal, marauder is behind.

so completely not true... but if you need that excuse to tell yourself its the class and not the player by all means.

This class performs only as well as the person playing it, if the class seems broken, it means you are not a good player plain and simple.

Yeah, we do amazing damage if you're playing the class correctly, amirite? Or you could play the TANK class and do MORE damage with EASIER access to it and it's MORE sustained. And guess what, you also get to ignore armor on your DoT's, while wearing heavy armor yourself and running around shielded! Yeah!

------------

Ok, scratch that. But we can take out the healers right? NOPE. None of the marauder classes can out damage any of the three healers 1v1 if gear is equal. Our interrupt costs rage so using it screws up our rotation, it's cool down is so long that you'll never keep the healer locked out of their big heals and all of the healers have access to multitudes greater quantity and quality of control and damage mitigation abilities then the marauder.

And hay, if they don't want to run around out-healing you they can just load up on massive ranged damage, dots, survivability and cc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1O0y73chUw

------------

Everything equal, gear, skill ect:

• Assassins have more utility, stealth and either burst damage or tanking then marauder.

• Sorcerers have better utility, cc, survivability, mobility and either sustained + aoe or dot damage

• Snipers are pretty f'ed too but they still have access to better damage or better aoe/skirmisher damage

• Operatives have better burst and escape abilitys with more cc or heals that outpace our damage with the same cc and escape abilities.

• Mercenaries have access to the easiest damage in the game which also comes with an armor debuff, self heals, heavy armor, better cc, two knockbacks and a shield.Or they can be the best single target healer in the game and be neigh unkillable without 2-5 man focus fire.

• Powertech tanks have nearly double our health, ok damage and half our damage via mitigation all while having better CC and more utility. Or they can spec firebug and lol spam 10k dmg rotations on a minimal cooldown and stack DoTs on top of it!

• Juggernaut has far more survivability, a saber throw with a better debuff and 30m range (wait wut? tank has better attack then the dps class? ***?), heavy armor and better control abilities all with the exact same dps output as the DPS class???!?!?!?! WaitBWudoingitwrong. Or they can spec into a highly mobile epic damage sponge that has better buffs and group support abilities then the marauder.

And don't get me started on our LOL set bonus.

Marauder is good when we out gear, out level, out skill or out number our opponents.

It's good at smashing lowbies.

Edited by getdownsb

Class is fine, L2P BUT !

You need to use Quinn

You need a full macroable/keybindable keyboard+mice

Except you can do just fine using any companion

You can do just fine rage/anni/carnage

You can do just fine with orange/blue gear

A normal keyboard/mouse is just fine, no macros needed

:/

Everything equal, gear, skill ect:

• Assassins have more utility, stealth and either burst damage or tanking then marauder.

• Sorcerers have better utility, cc, survivability, mobility and either sustained + aoe or dot damage

• Snipers are pretty f'ed too but they still have access to better damage or better aoe/skirmisher damage

• Operatives have better burst and escape abilitys with more cc or heals that outpace our damage with the same cc and escape abilities.

• Mercenaries have access to the easiest damage in the game which also comes with an armor debuff, self heals, heavy armor, better cc, two knockbacks and a shield.Or they can be the best single target healer in the game and be neigh unkillable without 2-5 man focus fire.

• Powertech tanks have nearly double our health, ok damage and half our damage via mitigation all while having better CC and more utility. Or they can spec firebug and lol spam 10k dmg rotations on a minimal cooldown and stack DoTs on top of it!

• Juggernaut has far more survivability, a saber throw with a better debuff and 30m range (wait wut? tank has better attack then the dps class? ***?), heavy armor and better control abilities all with the exact same dps output as the DPS class???!?!?!?! WaitBWudoingitwrong. Or they can spec into a highly mobile epic damage sponge that has better buffs and group support abilities then the marauder.

And don't get me started on our LOL set bonus.

Marauder is good when we out gear, out level, out skill or out number our opponents.

It's good at smashing lowbies.

This is depressing reading that (I agree on the lolset bonuses, on the look of them btw, our saber throw cap at 10 M RANGE Oo and some other facts)

Except you can do just fine using any companion

You can do just fine rage/anni/carnage

You can do just fine with orange/blue gear

A normal keyboard/mouse is just fine, no macros needed

:/

And all of this twice easier/more proficient using another class :rolleyes:

Fact is, WE CAN be viable for anything, but there is bound to be another class that can do it better than us / easier .

Class is fine, L2P BUT !

You need to use Quinn

except i finished my class quest by skiping Voss and Corillia at level 48 (i complete all planets) but i had not gotten a gear upgrade since Belsavis (took comms and forgot to spend them)

So i easily killed the final fight with level 40ish gear at level 48 not training since 45... THe game is not hard, you simply cannot suck and faceroll everything. The class is not broken, however it will only perform as well as the player allows it, if you are bad it will perform bad, if you are good it performs good.

Sorry but people have proven it over and over and over again. It is a 100% L2P issue, if you refuse to admit you are not playing well then you will never be good at any class, instead of making QQ posts take the time to learn the class.