Naboo deserved to get invaded

jarjarloves

Yet they were still thrust upon the throne and given power(no matter how little) were they not? Thats where it really divides though and where real life logic has no purpose. For all we know in the SWU they run things differently and each planet has its own set of laws, so I don't see how its much of a stretch Padme could hold power.

it's not that it's a stretch that she could be a queen who came into power but it's a stretch that she was ELECTED to RULE an ENTIRE PLANET and actually given the power to make CRITICAL DECISIONS DURING A WAR.

It's on the level of how horrible the staff of Hogwarts is at their job. "Oh hey some evil dark monster is here to try and kill people let's let Harry Potter take care of this" or "Yeah you guys will compete in a contest where you could all die and we are not going to intervene at all." Then they are all shocked when one of the students is killed.

What is wrong with a fifteen year old running a planet? If they are mature enough and are educated to the right extent there is no reason why someone that young could not run and make decisions for an entire planet.

I failed to understand how such a lush planet with a huge power generator would fail too support itself in the event space trade was blockaded.

that's a whole other issue. I agree completely how can a planet with such rich vegetation as Naboo not be able to survive with out trade?

Now I could completely understand a planet like Coriscont a planet that is just one overpopulated city not being able to sustain itself. but Naboo?

It is sort of like if New York City was completely blockaded and there was nothing going in or out then it would destroy itself as people end up fighting over what little food there is.

But Naboo is more like say Iowa a place that has a relatively low population and enough open space for farming that they could easily sustain life.