Refining my BH gameplay.

DryPenguin

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I just recently got the game and leveled up one of every class. After much trial I have settled on Bounty Hunter as the class that appeals most to my game playstyle and the story I enjoy most.

So, now I want to go about learning to master the class. Most of the game play I can figure out on my own, what I am looking for specifically is efficient heat management while maxing dps effectively. Secondarily, I played 2 pvp matches, and I really have no idea what my role is. I basically was trying to stop people from getting the objective while attacking people i saw healing others. What does a good bounty hunter do in PvP to set himself apart?

I'm a Merc, and I am specc'ing into the Arsenal tree. I understand from the beginners guide that Tracer Missile is my bread and butter (don't have it yet, but get it exists).

So, what should I generally open with, and what skills do i cycle through in what order to be proficient? I get that different situations require different things, I'm just looking for a general guideline that I can start from, then refine. What do I open with, what do I roll into?

Then there is PvP. ANY tips are welcome. I found Huttball to be, well I don't know what I found it to be I was utterly confused and I'm sure worthless to my team. No clue what my role is in any PvP map.

Thanks again for any help.

Edited by DryPenguin

If its an elite i usually open with electro dart stun then 3x tracer missle, unload, railshot, eplosive dart, missle blast, refresh tracer misle, rinse and repeat...

Once u get heatseeker mix that in after unload.

Against groups of regular mobs death from above is the shzznit so open with that every time its ready.

oh, and i always stick with mako as an arsenal merc.

At the low levels, you're really only playing with half your toolbox.

Once you hit 50 and finish your build, the basic rotation is:

(assuming single target)

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Heat Seeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Rail Shot

Exceptions:

- Unload whenever the unload-extra-damange proc happens.

- After the first 3x Tracer Missiles on a single target, fire Heat Seeker Missiles every chance you get. Tracer Missile should apply 2x a debuff on the target (max stack of 5) that makes Heatseeker more effective.

- Every five tracer missiles, fire a Rail Shot. Tracer Missile applies a 1x buff (max 5) to you that boosts Rail Shot.

also a tip for pvp, when you are trying to stop other players from activating a terminal use death from above when they are all in a pack and always keep clicking on electro dart as you are trying to chase someone down and get in range. Is a good and easy opener.

At the low levels, you're really only playing with half your toolbox.

Once you hit 50 and finish your build, the basic rotation is:

(assuming single target)

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Heat Seeker Missile

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Rail Shot

Exceptions:

- Unload whenever the unload-extra-damange proc happens.

- After the first 3x Tracer Missiles on a single target, fire Heat Seeker Missiles every chance you get. Tracer Missile should apply 2x a debuff on the target (max stack of 5) that makes Heatseeker more effective.

- Every five tracer missiles, fire a Rail Shot. Tracer Missile applies a 1x buff (max 5) to you that boosts Rail Shot.

i agree in most part, firstly unload is relatively heat neutral, meaning as much dissapates during cast as it cost you so use it whenever it is up period.

secondly as long as you never let your 5 stack buff drop you only (only takes one tracer to refresh) you should use rail shot and heatseaker whenever it is up for bursting, lay off them if heat is high. or use vent if it is up

my SOP for pve is concusion the strongest mob, burn down the little adds and then heal up and kill the main mob. if you can wipe most mobs with DFA then do that instead.

2 golds of your level are easily killable if you use concusion on one and have mako geared up.

pvp:

your roll is dps!

huttball stay high, use knockback to throw ball carrier to the pit, burn down everyone/thing and stay away from/knock off your ramp everyone.

turrets use aoe's to stop them from capping, sneak around and dps from a place that has a good LOS break

doors is kill fest, you get enough guys in the res room and you will blow the doors, do NOT try to plant as we have no mobility/stealth, focus fire with others to drop them fast.

If you want a bit of extra burst:

Tracer Missile

Tracer Missile

Explosive Dart

Tracer Missile

Heatseeker Missiles

The Explosive Dart, Tracer & Heatseeker missiles should all hit the target at the same time.

In PvP, I'm able to crit for 1.2k expl dart, 2.4k tracer & 3.7k heatseeker all at the same time with pretty awful gear (~120 expertise, 80% crit modifier).