The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Too Many Buttons, imo.

inhanzt

Just wanted to make a quick correction... you 4 hot bars do NOT include your pet bar. Your companion has a whole bar of their own...

Just wanted to make a quick public service announcement... your companion has more than 4 moves. If you click the little + next to the small hotbar, you can see them all. This is particularly important with Mako, who gets an 8 second channeled CC that's past the 4 provided buttons.

Other than that, yeah, there are some moves that can go off of a hotbar, and those are pretty much all gone. I still have my speeder, recharge and reload, medpack, hunter's boon, and on the trail on the bars, though, as the next candidates to go if i had to make room.

I would just like another bar in the middle. Supposedly this is coming this month. At release, BW said that UI customization is very high on their to do list and we should see changes by February.

In other MMOs I typically have all my buttons stacked close together and smaller than usual to allow smaller mouse movements.

In regards to blaster fire being just as good as flame burst because of the ion charge difference, I would have to disagree. At level 40, Ion charge is 300 damage with a 15% proc chance averaging out to 45 damage per blaster shot. The difference between flame burst is 50 - 200. That would mean you are losing 5-155 damage per shot by never using flame burst. That and for tanking there is the additional 4% damage reduction.

Spell management wise, this game at launch is already as complicated as WoW is after 7+ years of development and expansions. I completely agree with the OP. It's not just that there are way too many things to keybind alone, but that we have so many with NO macro system in the game that's the real issue.

Bounty Hunter appears to be the absolute WORST offender of the bunch. We literally have more binds than there are bars to put them on. Come on, what is the deal with that?

I have all my abilities on my bars and still have about 6 free slots.

You don't need to keep your companion bar up once you have their abilities set up how you want them (unless your micromanaging your companion which, imo, is pointless as i've never had a problem letting them do their thing), minimize it and that's another 12 slots.