Medium Settings on the way.

Neaaden

So it looks like Bioware will not be using Medium Settings as High for the foreseeable future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/playloud/SWTOR/swtor110.jpg

This is, awfully lazy by the developers, but will be great for them in a market point of view, since most of the players in TOR, don't get on the forums, they just don't know.

So what could Bioware do with this? Yes that's right, they could bring in a patch later on in the games life and call it "HD Texture Pack Coming Sooon!!!" As if it never existed ...yet the High Res textures .....are there ...right now ...that they could fix ....ORRRRR

they could tell us exactly WHYY it can't be fixed right now, that's all we want. Either fix or tell us why "it's a bug" is not good enough, tell us what kind of bug, memory leak? WHAT?!

Come on Bioware, say something.

Edited by Neaaden

Since the preferences UI offers Anti aliasing, I assume that pic is from the test client, and if you read the patch notes, anti aliasing will be available when that patch releases in a week or so.

No idea about the high res textures though...

Personally I am in even worse shape, as there is a bug affecting many of us that makes it impossible to play in widescreen format...our characters look stretched no matter what resolution, it is affecting various OSes, video cards, and monitors, and all we have heard is "it is under investigation". That was like 2 weeks ago...

Not to inject reason into this, but I also think maybe they never had a medium, or ended up with 2 texture qualities, and that only character textures are broken. If they fix that, then it's pretty much solved.

I don't think there's any evidence that non-character textures better than what's already available exist. Only character textures.