New Planets

Hanzohasashi

Dagobah is useless, except for the cave...

Hope they will put Malachor V in.

You never know. Dagobah could be a Sith world that, in later years, became a neutral planet (maybe similar to Taris that the Republic destroyed instead to rid the Sith of it). This would make more sense with Yoda retreating there since no one would expect a Jedi Master to hide in a former Sith world. And would explain the Dark Force cave (maybe an old training cave for Sith apprentices?). The planet could also look much different. 3000 years later it could have become the jungle/swap planet we are more familiar with. Who is to say in TOR timeline it looks like a more habitable planet?

We are almost definitely getting 2 new planets if the data-mined update content on torhead is accurate/true:

Varl, the REAL homeworld of the Hutts that apparently, according to Bioware if the mined data is correct, WAS not destroyed as per established EU lore. We go there because the Dread Masters do something, blah, blah, blah.

(Or the Hutt's are just spineless liar's...oh wait...)

Lehon (Rakata Prime), the homeworld of the Rakata. And again, we go there because the Dread Masters do something, blah, blah, blah.

This will only be semi-answering the question, but what I'd like concerning planets is a more homogenous repartition.

I really, really don't like the current setup of some planets being noobish and harboring weak NPCs and some being über-strong all-around. It's only logical that powerful individuals would seek to rise in weak places and that weak individuals are needed for menial tasks in the most powerful places.

It would only feel good and nice to run through a part of a planet before getting to another planet, and having to come back later for higher level content.

It would give the player incentives to level (even if those aren't that much needed), some good little teasing ("Oh my, what's that big palace in the background? And that big Rancor over there? Must be cool as hell!"), the simple joy of coming back to see old friends and endless possibilities for story (retrieving and confronting former master, situations that have evolved a lot since your last visit, discovering what you went through that first time was all a set-up, etc.).

It also would take the players continuously everywhere in the galaxy, rather than one planet after the other, forgetting about the old first low-level ones and ending up playing always in the same spot.

The galaxy is supposed to be wide and varied, but the feeling I get from that current set-up is really not a wide and varied one, since having to deal with planets only according to my actual level feels like a long straight corridor. Even in KOTOR we had somewhat the choice in which order to discover the planets, so getting back to an even more linear experience in 2011 feels rather awful, to tell the truth.

Okay, I'm not even semi-answering the question here, sorry about that. ^^'

And then Bioware gets flamed, for "re-using" content? I think how it is setup is ok...