Biowares first mmo = massive failure

Devaztate

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see maybe fix the fact that 70% of the playerbase with more than adequate system requirements could actually play the game. The fact that a simple patch is starting to cause ppls hardware to overheat. The fact the game was released to early. What could Bioware have done? hire decent game developers? The argument always is well look at other mmo's on release they had major bugs too, yea well the last time a decent mmo was released it was called world of warcraft and that was nearly a decade ago. with all the advances in technology in the time blizzard came onto the mmo scene other companies have learned nothing. i mean for gods sake my melle juggernaught has a 3 sec channeled melle ability, where was the boss at when they decided to add something like that into a melle role. idk the game is def not what i nor many were expecting and ill be honest ill be unsubbed if this game isnt in a playable state by mid feb.

Since we're making up percentages, I have 15 people in my guild who have experienced no major issues with the game, at all. I guess that means that there are no problems with the game. :rolleyes:

Also, the word you're looking for me "melee". Melle is a city in Belgium.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Does the repair tool do anything? Yeah sorry may be a stupid question to ask, but always best I guess. As for the Imp hate going around, they're right in what they're saying. In any case of troubleshooting, it's best to rule out everything on your side first. That way, when you do contact Bioware, you're able to say

"I did x, y and z. Here's the results, go from there". Otherwise the first thing they'll even ask you, is the basics again.

I won't bore you with the details exept I will say I have spent more hours trying to get the game to launch/troubleshoot in the last 5 days then I spent building my computer... A corrupt file is just that. Untill there launcher stops sending me this file I'll keep getting the error.

I only wish I could complain about in game issues as I can't even get in to the game...

Edited by Onebit

I won't bore you with the details exept I will say I have spent more hours trying to get the game to launch/troubleshoot in the last 5 days then I spent building my computer... A corrupt file is just that. Untill there launcher stops sending me this file I'll keep getting the error.

To be honest I wouldn't have understood them, I'm just a simple person. One day when my computer goes kaput, I'll be totally lost in what to do. And the next stupid question from me, is if there's a corrupted file, would a reinstall fix it for you or does the launcher keep sending it even after that?

To be honest I wouldn't have understood them, I'm just a simple person. One day when my computer goes kaput, I'll be totally lost in what to do. And the next stupid question from me, is if there's a corrupted file, would a reinstall fix it for you or does the launcher keep sending it even after that?

Same file. the last 22 repairs..:(

Hello guys.

My name is Bioware

I made a game called Star Wars: The Bugged Republic and when I tried to run this game on my laptop during beta, I could multi-task with high settings and have 30-40 fps.

Then I decided, well what the hell! lets **** this game even worse and put a carrot in our asses while we bath in our customers money.

So I decided to **** up the entire game engine, or tweaked or *********** did something that my previous computer that could solid run SWTOR + multitask; is about to explode with 10 fps on everything on low and cant even multitask without explorer.exe *********** up and taking 90 seconds for my webbrowser to start.

But hey, what did you expect? I'm Bioware, I **** on people while I blend ur money into my perfect juice.

Thank you for your money, I hope you enjoy your 10 fps with GTX580 graphics card and i7.

Pretty sure launcher will just keep sending him the "updated" file that is corrupt.

Sounds like a simple fix on their end. Who knows

Hello guys.

My name is Bioware

I made a game called Star Wars: The Bugged Republic and when I tried to run this game on my laptop during beta, I could multi-task with high settings and have 30-40 fps.

Then I decided, well what the hell! lets **** this game even worse and put a carrot in our asses while we bath in our customers money.

So I decided to **** up the entire game engine, or tweaked or *********** did something that my previous computer that could solid run SWTOR + multitask; is about to explode with 10 fps on everything on low and cant even multitask without explorer.exe *********** up and taking 90 seconds for my webbrowser to start.

But hey, what did you expect? I'm Bioware, I **** on people while I blend ur money into my perfect juice.

Thank you for your money, I hope you enjoy your 10 fps with GTX580 graphics card and i7.

:) that was great, made me smile. Gonna go make some coffee dedicated to you.

Hello guys.

My name is Bioware

You DO REALIZE that your GTX580 is in version for laptop and because of that is design to be MUCH WEAKER so it will drain less power right ? So there is big gap between PC GTX580 and same card for laptops.

In other word - your "high end laptop" it can be still pile of junk in terms of games.

On the other hand - game have poor optimization and it just work terrible with some configurations. One of those two.

But if it's your configuration that don't work well and performance should be good then you could at least post here DXDIAG so BW could actualy search for cause of trouble. This or send them magic ball that will show them what they want. Magic rulez!

Edited by DariuszPol

I think you'll find out that 95% of players are playing fine. It's a vocal minority on these forums that are having valid issues.

However they're not helping anyone when they refuse to troubleshoot any issues on their own machines, preferring to throw around abuse instead.

just because a very small number of players are having issues doesn't mean the hundreds of thousands of players that are ingame do too.

You'd also do well not to exaggerate every point you make as it gives less validity to anything you say.

First of all I would like to know where you got the 95%... you would do well to take your own advice.

Second of all if people with high end systems are having issues then i'm sure a large bulk of the population with worse computers also have those issues plus some they just don't use the forums.

If you have checked the server population recently you would notice that it is significantly down compared to launch. I went from having a 15-30 minute server queue to now the server is at standard most of the time.

the game will have <1 million subs come end of Feb.....

BW own doing.. should not have released a crappy early beta wolf in sheeps clothing.

I'm sure a lot of staff that worked (still are working) on this game are embarrassed at the present state of it...

could have saved milllions by not developing a game and to just put a single steaming turd in a dvd case and post it out.

You DO REALIZE that your GTX580 is in version for laptop and because of that is design to be MUCH WEAKER so it will drain less power right ? So there is big gap between PC GTX580 and same card for laptops.

In other word - your "high end laptop" it can be still pile of junk in terms of games.

On the other hand - game have poor optimization and it just work terrible with some configurations. One of those two.

But if it's your configuration that don't work well and performance should be good then you could at least post here DXDIAG so BW could actualy search for cause of trouble. This or send them magic ball that will show them what they want. Magic rulez!

I don't have GTX580, I was making an example of those who have a high-end PC with the GTX580 and having **** fps.