PvP Tactics

Grendol

Ok, so i want to hear from you guys about what you find the most useful in openers and certain situations such as facing troopers/BH's Marauders/Sentinels and those damn Consulars.... I've used different approaches but i'd like to hear what you all have to say and what works :D

You didn't say what spec you use. I use 7/31/3. My opener is typically +critsurge trinket, overcharged saber, spike (you ARE stealthed right?). If spike doesn't proc Exploit Weakness I Voltaic Slash twice and then Low Slash, maul, shock, discharge. Typically another round of that and assassinate and they are either dead or one more discharge does the job. By the time you can Maul a second time exploit strikes should be up. If they are shielded, healed, or I have extremely bad luck with crit or something I will cloak out of combat and sprint away because I'm a useless sitting duck.

Pro tip #1: if you're not in stealth you're doing it wrong.

You didn't say what spec you use. I use 7/31/3. My opener is typically +critsurge trinket, overcharged saber, spike (you ARE stealthed right?). If spike doesn't proc Exploit Weakness I Voltaic Slash twice and then Low Slash, maul, shock, discharge. Typically another round of that and assassinate and they are either dead or one more discharge does the job. By the time you can Maul a second time exploit strikes should be up. If they are shielded, healed, or I have extremely bad luck with crit or something I will cloak out of combat and sprint away because I'm a useless sitting duck.

Pro tip #1: if you're not in stealth you're doing it wrong.

Ahh im Dec spec and using 5/33/3 srry bout that

23/0/18 at 50, leveled as #/8/3 (# = as many as I could fit as soon as I could). Order of spending..

lvl 10 Deception-

3 Duplicity

2 Dark Embrace

3 Obfuscation

lvl 18 Madness-

3 Exploitive Strikes

lvl 21 Darkness-

3 Charge Mastery

2 Lightning Reflexes

3 Electric Execution

2 Lightning Recovery

1 Dark Ward

2 Pemonition

1 Energize (*Bugged?)

1 Dysjunction

3 Blood of the Sith

2 Hollow

1 Force Pull

1 Eye of the Storm

1 Electrify

By this point you should be ready to reset the points in Deception over to madness and finish it off.

2 Sith Defiance

3 Chain Shock

2 Torment

1 Death Field

2 Fanaticism

2 Claws of Decay

1 Raze

2 Haunted Dreams

----

This is how I went from 1-50 without dying in world pvp. Warzones are another thing entirely as I guard constantly and that causes deaths easily if the healer is not paying attention. ;p

Note, Guarded damage does pop you out of stealth.

As for gear. I split my gear evenly between tank and dps crit/surge gear as soon as it was available.

Sweet! Thanks for the info and much appreciated. I have tried Darkness in warzone situations and i do end with a good end match status such as "Protection" "K/D" etc. but where i lack was if i faced another assassin or a shadow... I'm not sure why but they ended up rolling the floor with me even though i CC'd like mad to keep them at bay. I'm assuming it's just the huge burst in which they put out but now that I'm deception it seems pretty easy to pick my targets from stealth and take them out unless of course it's a group of more than 3. But hey thanks for the feedback! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.