Commando PvP healing spec?

ContestedSoul

So, after playing around for a while I came up with this spec for PvP:

http://www.ign.com/builds/star-wars-the-old-republic?class=commando&d=1512112301211221202300000000000000001020300000000000000002

It's based off the PvE spec:

http://www.ign.com/builds/star-wars-the-old-republic?class=commando&d=1512110300210221222300000000000000001022300000000000000002

I've just got a few questions about it, so I figure'd i'd ask the Trooper community for opinions!

Is taking Cell Capacitor worth it? I feel it's just outdone by Supercharged Cells.

Med Zone. Has anyone found it useful? Personally, i'd rather be healing someone else rather than myself. I see situations where it's useful, but I feel it may be redundant.

Advanced Tech vs Havoc Rounds. 20% increased healing with Kolto Bomb or 2% increased healing. The Kolto Bomb, in my opinion, sounds far superior seeing as it should be used everytime it's off CD.

Treated Wound Dressings, is 4% worth it?

Edited by ContestedSoul

Cell Capacitor is good to get you through the tough healing occasions when u spam the advance medical probe after u have the supercharge cell up! U can minimize the abuse on ammo with the Field Triage, so u do one advanced and one normal medical probe, with enough alacrity it will heal up the entire ops well enough to keep up defenses on a hard hitting enemy team.

Med Zone I have never used. Usually I have a tank guarding me and when I pop the shield with our own heavy armor u can heal yourself up pretty easily if u play it smart. I see no reason to take it unless u run solo a lot perhaps?

Advanced Tech and Heavy Rounds I ALWAYS have both, they do make a difference.

As for treated wound dressing, it is the same thing as with the Med Zone...

New spec:

http://www.ign.com/builds/star-wars-the-old-republic?class=commando&d=15121103012112212223000000000000000010223

I took out Treated Wound Dressing, 4% isn't really worth it...That being said, I took those 2 points and put them into Cell Capacitor. Now, I took points out of Weapon Calibrations so I could get Advanced Tech. Should I move the 1 point out of Special Munitions to get 1/2 in Weapon Calibrations? Alacrity is quite important to us..

Alacrity is Haste, if you're familiar with WoW. It decreases activation time for spells, so, with enough Alacrity, your Medical Probe can go down to 1.5 seconds. There's no point in pushing for more because you have a set GCD of 1.5 seconds and you can never cast faster than your GCD.

I'm not sure if it also lowers the GCD or makes HoTs tick faster. From what people say, it doesn't seem to affect the GCD, but I have no information about HoT ticks.

Alacrity is Haste, if you're familiar with WoW. It decreases activation time for spells, so, with enough Alacrity, your Medical Probe can go down to 1.5 seconds. There's no point in pushing for more because you have a set GCD of 1.5 seconds and you can never cast faster than your GCD.

I'm not sure if it also lowers the GCD or makes HoTs tick faster. From what people say, it doesn't seem to affect the GCD, but I have no information about HoT ticks.

It is useful to have it under GCD. As healer, you need to be mobile. If you need to spam heals, it's still worthwhile to be able to move a few steps in between casts.

GCD goes down depending on cast times not on alacrity. If your AMP is 1.1 secs the GCD will be 1.1sec, other wise all instant casts / channeled abilities are 1.5 gcd.

So in a sense it does lower the GCD since the further down u push the cast time of an ability the faster the GCD will be over.

Edited by Butches

I play as dos now, but I levels as a healer and my healing pvp spec would be this one :

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRzfdoqZMcoMZb.1

Efficient conversion : pretty useless IMO, too much cd on those skills.

Heavy trooper + Med zone : help you through burst on yourself.

Advanced tech : too much to invest for 2%, prefer heavy trooper instead

Weapons calibration (bugged and displayed as heavy stock on towhead builder) : must have, alacrity is good for you.

Trauma Probe : tested and it feel like a GCD waste for me ; this is design for MT healing, which is not the case in PVP.

Trooper is rather static because of AMP/MP rotation spam, so i feel like to have the more "tankish" options as possible.

And as said before, alacrity does lower the GCD for casted skills, but remains at 1.5sec if an instant cast ability is used.

Stacking crit/surge is also a good option (but alacrity is the defaut stat on combat medic php stuff, but you can also switch enhancements for more customization)

Edited by Sovietik

You've made a good point on Alacrity for troopers, Crit/Surge do seem better now that I think about it. But, I think PvP wise haste may be more important. We do have to stop and heal alot thanks to our rotation of AMP, MP, AMP, MP, etc. Hopefully, once numbers come out, this can be solved. But, for now, i'm going to stick with Alacrity until i'm sure of swtiching to Crit/Surge.

Anyways, I think I made my final spec. After reading some posts and toying around with builds, I came up with this:

http://www.ign.com/builds/star-wars-the-old-republic?class=commando&d=1512110320211221202300000000000000000022300000000000000002

Cell Capacitor is ok in PvP, but there are better options. Think about it, in a Warzone, how many times do you end up healing yourself because you're getting beaten on by the team? Alot. Med Zone seems worth taking in place of Cell Capacitor.

I took Trauma Probe, I do have a premade I go around with and throwing Trauma Probe on the tank helps out (As much of a tank as you can have in PvP. He is tank spec, Guardian).

I skipped Special Munitions because I feel the 3% increase to Tech Crit chance is meh. Since all it is is Crit, and not exactly making my Crits better (like Surge), I see no point in really taking it.

Efficent Conversionsisn't a big deal, 1 ammo for isn't a huge deal.

Treated wound dressing, thinking about the numbers it's not really worth it.

Also, sorry for the eyesore that is IGN. TORhead is glitched, it doesn't show Weapon Calibrations.

Edited by ContestedSoul

GCD goes down depending on cast times not on alacrity. If your AMP is 1.1 secs the GCD will be 1.1sec, other wise all instant casts / channeled abilities are 1.5 gcd.

So in a sense it does lower the GCD since the further down u push the cast time of an ability the faster the GCD will be over.

wat?!

this makes alacrity important for pvp gunnery specs too then...

So, realized the IGN site let me go to a tier without gaining the right amount of points needed to unlock that tier. Went to TORHead, here's the spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800dfRMRzcdkqZrcoZb.1

Put 1 point into Cell Capacitor, because Med-Zone, Treated Wound Dressings, and Efficent Conversions don't seem worth taking.

On the plus side, I can use this spec to PvE heal as well!

I play as dos now, but I levels as a healer and my healing pvp spec would be this one :

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRzfdoqZMcoMZb.1

Efficient conversion : pretty useless IMO, too much cd on those skills.

Heavy trooper + Med zone : help you through burst on yourself.

Advanced tech : too much to invest for 2%, prefer heavy trooper instead

Weapons calibration (bugged and displayed as heavy stock on towhead builder) : must have, alacrity is good for you.

Trauma Probe : tested and it feel like a GCD waste for me ; this is design for MT healing, which is not the case in PVP.

Trooper is rather static because of AMP/MP rotation spam, so i feel like to have the more "tankish" options as possible.

And as said before, alacrity does lower the GCD for casted skills, but remains at 1.5sec if an instant cast ability is used.

Stacking crit/surge is also a good option (but alacrity is the defaut stat on combat medic php stuff, but you can also switch enhancements for more customization)

TP is so overpowered.

In PVP, I toss it on myself. It heals me while I'm healing others.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRRodcdkqZMcoZb.1

That is what I would use. My question revolves around where I should put the last two points. Not sure 2/2 Kolto Residue is worth it for PvP over Cell Capacitor or Med Zone. Especially considering that Kolto Bomb doesn't smart heal. I've found that I cannot consistently apply Kolto Residue to the players that I want when allies are standing in a group.