2-Colored Double-Bladed Lightsabers

tmblake

Why, just wondering, is there no option to change the color that comes out of each side of a double-bladed lightsaber? You only use one crystal, so there is no possible way one crystal would be able to color both sides. Unless you broke up that crystal and put the energy source in the middle of your lightsaber, it makes no sense because the energy can only pass through one side to be colored.

(██████████████████████████████[╫[CC][E]||[M]=[H]=[M]||[E][CC]╫]██████████████████████████████)

CC = color crystal

E = Enhancement

M = Modification

H = hilt

It would make sense to basically have two sides that you have to modify for your lightsaber, being as the energy has to pass through these to get modified. Per my illustration, it makes no sense how just one set of modifications can power up both sides of the saber. And, maybe it's just me, but I think it would be freaking awesome to see a double-bladed lightsaber that is colored two different colors :)

Edited by tmblake

Because double bladed lightsaber is still 1 lightsaber. For 2 colors it will basically be 2 lightsabers.

Plus I think it would be kind of silly.

Edit: Although it could be a reward for neutral folks.

Edited by Magnijung

in the future i could see a single crystal that did this for double bladed sabers only, but could only really see 2 combinations

red/yellow

blue/green

light and dark rank v preferably, and lvl 50 only. i take no issue in this,

in the future i could see a single crystal that did this for double bladed sabers only, but could only really see 2 combinations

red/yellow

blue/green

light and dark rank v preferably, and lvl 50 only. i take no issue in this,

Yay! Thank you for the constructive suggestion. :) That would be a very good way of implementing it! Have special crystals that can do it, that way they don't have to change the mechanics of double-bladed lightsabers at all. And (I'm not there yet) but it would be nice to add something to a Dark V ranking (or Light V if you're republic, just so you have the option as well). I'm not sure how much content there is once you get to Dark V to choose from.

• 1 month later...
In episode 1 and in the game trailer for SWTOR a double bladed lightsaber got cut in half, and still worked. This means that there must be 2 color crystals in it, cause if it was in the middle the crystal would have been fried. I like this idea, let us make double-bladed lightsabers 2 colors :)

There are two types of double-bladed lightsabers.

1. Made of two separate sabers joined together. Darth Maul had something like that.

2. Made of one saber with two blades. Exar Kun had such saber.

Second type was more popular one during the age of Old Republic, and that's what we see in game.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL