ability to wear "vanity clothing"

Astryl

I would have agreed with you, except that the oranges have base stats, which makes the mod system break down. So no, you cannot find something you like, and just mod that to the end. You can, but it won't go over very well during combat.

False.

Orange, fully unmodded, have no stats at all.

Yeah, I think this every time I see someone in non-moddable raid or pvp gear.

I went through the vendors earlier, and didn't see a single set of 50 raid or pvp gear that didn't look absurd.

Wouldn't that be the same thing as an appearance tab, only needlessly more complicated?

NOPE...Cause you would look like the gear you are actually wearing...I've seen far to many people running around in really ridiculous clothing...Pink bikinis might be a little over the top...but I've seen it and equivalent

False.

orange weapons have a power stat (tech power, force power etc) and orange armor does have mitigation, but they all seem to be equivalent to a very low level white piece of armor. i have 3 pieces of level 47 un-modded orange gear in my inv right now, 1 of each rating, the light has 7 armor, med has 16, and heavy has 25.

also almost every piece of gear in beta had mod slots. not exactly sure why they removed them but it was near the very end, so i dont think that option is on the table.

orange weapons have a power stat (tech power, force power etc) and orange armor does have mitigation, but they all seem to be equivalent to a very low level white piece of armor. i have 3 pieces of level 47 un-modded orange gear in my inv right now, 1 of each rating, the light has 7 armor, med has 16, and heavy has 25.

also almost every piece of gear in beta had mod slots. not exactly sure why they removed them but it was near the very end, so i dont think that option is on the table.

Just mod them correctly, with a barrel for weapon and armoring mod for armor, and you will discover that armor, Power Stat, and weapon damage scales PERFECTLY with level equivalent gear.

Just mod them correctly, with a barrel for weapon and armoring mod for armor, and you will discover that armor, Power Stat, and weapon damage scales PERFECTLY with level equivalent gear.

correct, was not agreeing with the other poster, just saying that empty oranges do have some base stats. however they do not effect the items stats when it has been fully modded.

False.

This. What breaks down the orange system is the fact that the armoring and hilts you CAN get do NOT compete with PvP ones and the fact that every set has a set bonus. LITERALLY just those two mods, as you can rip out the other ones.