Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Who doesn't have fps issues, please come!

ManOfWarTR

I just wanna learn when did u guys installed game client. I mean I downloaded the client during beta test weekend and I'm having serious fps issues and I'm wondering could it be related to downloading the client before beta weekend? Maybe Bioware changed something on the client after the release, if so I'll going to uninstall the game and download it again. I'm having serious problem especially when I go to warzones(fps like 10) and my computer is not so bad

i7 q720 1.6 ghz

nvidia gts250m 1 gig

6 gig ram

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

All drivers are updated

You're on a laptop? That's the problem.

You're on a laptop? That's the problem.

Seriously, don't post unless you actually have something helpful to say. There are laptops on the market that could destroy all but the best desktop rigs in terms of power like the one I mentioned 2 posts back.

I have no issues with FPS on my main system:

Corei5 2500k

8GB Ram

GTX580

Windows 7

1920x1200 resolution

All settings maxed plus I have the settings to add 16xAS and 8xAA but I think those are broken again.

The game runs perfectly smooth.

Granted, that is a pretty kick *** PC.

However, my laptop runs the game almost maxed out at 1600x1080 resolution. The laptop is a MSI GX640 which comes with a Corei5-450M, 8GB ram and a Radeon HD5850 card built in (equivalent to a 5650 in the desktop work). I have shadows turned off for this and grass at 50% but everything else is maxed out and it runs ok.

Try to convince your friends/family to give you that laptop I mentioned as a gift, perhaps? Tell them that you need it for school. :)

Actually I convinced my family to bought this one just like that 2 years ago and they won't deceive again I guess :D

No probs here!

MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200rpm

EDIT: Soon to be 8GB of RAM and if you ever interested in a inexpensive cooling system/heat sink, the Corsair H60 is pretty damn good...dropped me about 10 degrees Celsius idle and stress

Edited by fallenvirtues

I just wanna learn when did u guys installed game client. I mean I downloaded the client during beta test weekend and I'm having serious fps issues and I'm wondering could it be related to downloading the client before beta weekend? Maybe Bioware changed something on the client after the release, if so I'll going to uninstall the game and download it again. I'm having serious problem especially when I go to warzones(fps like 10) and my computer is not so bad

i7 q720 1.6 ghz

nvidia gts250m 1 gig

6 gig ram

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

All drivers are updated

Playing the game with everything on max with no problems what so ever. Downloaded the game maybe one week before pre-launch and played it without any troubles since.

I always have 1-2 live streams on at the same time as well which also cause no trouble.

My FPS rarely if ever drops below 30 and usually stays in the 40-50 range.

My Spec isn't even that impressive:

Intel Core2 Quad Q9550

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Black Edition 1GB

4 GB RAM

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mostly I have fps issues when I'm in empire station, it's horrid currently. Like 5 fps many times. And I played a pvp match the other day and that was awful. maybe 10 fps on average. Most of my questing is fine but anytime I'm around a lot of other players the game starts crawling and pausing. (I assume while it loads other player appearances?) Kind of sad in pvp when you see players disappear right in front of you because they hit that magic point where they can't be seen anymore. Despite that point being so close the game still can't handle it on my system. :(

9600 GT 1GB

~~

Recently upgraded from a HD4870 1 gig to a HD6950 2 gig. Went from playing everything on low or off, to everything maxed (with shadows still off).

Average FPS has never been too bad, but the fluctuation from highest FPS to lowest FPS is my issue. Upgrading my video card has helped a bit. The problem is, I can see anywhere from about 20-99 FPS depending on where I am and what I'm doing. That is a HUGE fluctuation from high to low. The basement lows occur on the Fleet and in Warzones.

My RAM is old (DDR2, best my mobo supports) and my CPU could use a mild overclock:

1680x1050

Win7 64

Athlon IIx4 @ 2.8

XFX HD 6950 2gig (11.12 drivers)

4gig DDR2 @ 1066

~~

EDIT: My install was from the last Beta Weekend event.

Edited by Tristik

No probs here!

MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200rpm

EDIT: Soon to be 8GB of RAM and if you ever interested in a inexpensive cooling system/heat sink, the Corsair H60 is pretty damn good...dropped me about 10 degrees Celsius idle and stress

i have a better rigg than yours , still the game in warzones is going around 27 fps.. its not our machines that have problem.. its BW optimization in warzones m8.. anywhere in the game i get 40 -110 fps but warzones cant go past 27 -30, thats surely not our problem imho

Edited by Hexagar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.