PvP gear for Mercenary DPS Eliminator only has 1 gun offhand, but I am dual wield WTH

Tumba

So, what do I do. I have the drop for the gun out of my last backpack. But I need 2. The medic off hand actually looks nicer. I don't undertand, I thought PvP gear was supposed to be cut and dry, where is the main hand weapon.

What should I do, get the medic gun with the better stats or use the eliminator one cause that is the set I am building?

so I go with medic, now lucky as I am the Main hand weapon drps, same dilema, I would like to think Medic because of the extra critical. Bioware you make 0 sense with this set I hope you realize this.

I'd go with Eliminator armor + Combat Medic weapons if you want to DPS.

The Eliminator armor gives set bonuses which are useful to a DPS merc, combat medic not so much. Only head/chest/legs/feet/gloves count toward PvP set bonuses, the guns, implants, ear piece, trinkets, belt, and bracers do not.

So Eliminator armor for your main set, and whatever gives the most critical rating/surge for the rest.

Edited by Rimbaldo

I'd go with Eliminator armor + Combat Medic weapons if you want to DPS.

The Eliminator armor gives set bonuses which are useful to a DPS merc, combat medic not so much. Only head/chest/legs/feet/gloves count toward PvP set bonuses, the guns, implants, ear piece, trinkets, belt, and bracers do not.

Totally Agree thats the way I am going. Unless there is some unknown boon to the extra Power rating, but I don't care, I would just lose too much crit taking that gun. It makes no sense to me. But I agree with you and I am going the same direction you did.

Tracer Missile does benefit from Tech Power instead of Ranged Damage, I think, but the issue is that the conversion ratio is like 4.34 Tech Power for 1 point of damage. So even on PvP gear that has, say, 74 Power, you'd get a bigger damage increase overall by going for a different piece with 74 Crit Rating on it. Crit just offers way more bang for your buck where itemization's concerned.

Tracer Missile does benefit from Tech Power instead of Ranged Damage, I think, but the issue is that the conversion ratio is like 4.34 Tech Power for 1 point of damage. So even on PvP gear that has, say, 74 Power, you'd get a bigger damage increase overall by going for a different piece with 74 Crit Rating on it. Crit just offers way more bang for your buck where itemization's concerned.

For sure it does. I am rock solid, typically #1 in dmg. That is the sweet spot. Medic guns and Eliminator Armor.

I'm almost 50 so I didn't look into it that much yet, but I was thinking I might go for some eliminator gear for the 2 piece bonus, then check the other sets to see what options are available.

Some of the bonuses on the eliminator set don't make much sense to me, so I thought it might be better to mix and match pieces from different armor sets.