When are we getting server forums?

gbrecht

Never, hopefully.

They're usually dead, hard to maintain, do nothing but create drama between players, pointless name calling, guild drama, and for the benefit of what? Some dude finding a guild or some 6 member guild throwing an event?

F That

Never, hopefully.

They're usually dead, hard to maintain, do nothing but create drama between players, pointless name calling, guild drama, and for the benefit of what? Some dude finding a guild or some 6 member guild throwing an event?

They also create a sense of community between players that from time to time might see eachother in game.

Right now there is no community on the forums at all. Those forums are a gigantic mess of Anonymous, Angry Comic Book Guys.

Edited by Massimoto

They also create a sense of community between players that from time to time might see eachother in game.

Right now there is no community on the forums at all. Those forums are a gigantic mess of Anonymous, Angry Comic Book guys.

As opposed to a mess of well known angry comic book guys.

Seriously. Add people to your friends lists. Talk in general. Dick around on your guild's forum. This would create like 100 new forums for the sake of inactive threads and higher server load.

As opposed to a mess of well known angry comic book guys.

Seriously. Add people to your friends lists. Talk in general. Dick around on your guild's forum. This would create like 100 new forums for the sake of inactive threads and higher server load.

I'm doing all of the above except the "talk in general" part.

I'm not complaining about not having server specific forums and can live without them, but I don't see how they are a bad idea, so I'm supporting the notion.

Also, you don't know if they would be dead until proven otherwise.

Never, hopefully.

F That

I completely disagree. In my experience in other MMOs only very low population servers will have dead forums. In many cases server forums only strengthened the server community as a whole. Of course you'll get immature name calling from time to time, but for the most part the worth you'll see are well intended prods at a player someone already knows, or a challenge between factions. You could easily arrange guild vs. guild pvp with server forums, for example.

Every wow server i played on had lots of people posting on the forums and it created a community, there is nothing right now. Can't talk to the enemy faction unless you are right beside them. Oh and, drama, really? Your excuse for the lack of server forums is it would cause drama? :rolleyes:

This. Bioware have already stated that they don't have the staff to monitor so many forums.

I wonder how Blizzard which at the time had no where near the resources Bioware has at the moment but managed to do it just fine. Excuses.

If you dont have server forums then your server wont feel important to you, you need forums to learn about the rest of the playerbase on your server, when i played wow in vanilla i would never reroll on a different server because i knew my server so well, all the best players, the best guilds, the angry nerd/trolls noone liked, the funny guys in the chill guilds

And guilds dont really care about server firsts if there isnt server forums, which sucks

Edited by Dietyz

I wonder how Blizzard which at the time had no where near the resources Bioware has at the moment but managed to do it just fine. Excuses.

I agree. I was only pointing out that BW have already commented on it.

I think it's totally unacceptable that there isn't a search bar either. It's laughable when a mod closes a thead and links to another thread that was buried 15 pages in, citing that there was already another thread on the topic.

I agree. I was only pointing out that BW have already commented on it.

I think it's totally unacceptable that there isn't a search bar either. It's laughable when a mod closes a thead and links to another thread that was buried 15 pages in, citing that there was already another thread on the topic.

Yeah. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous their statement is.

Never, hopefully.

F That

This is why we can't have nice things.

Funny thing is, I was actually in that guy's high school. The students asked the principal if we could have books in the library. Needless to say that guy said "Library's only promote nerdy bookworms trying to edumufucate themselfs. Our school needs books like a car needs wheels so I say NO!" After some head scratching on our parts we calmly advised him would not be forced to read the books but it did little to quell his rabid trolling.

Gotta love a successful troll.

BW could farm out server forum duties to a 3rd party, depends on game success/subs. Just hope there is a community left to make use of server forums if/when they eventually come along.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Funny thing is, I was actually in that guy's high school. The students asked the principal if we could have books in the library. Needless to say that guy said "Library's only promote nerdy bookworms trying to edumufucate themselfs. Our school needs books like a car needs wheels so I say NO!" After some head scratching on our parts we calmly advised him would not be forced to read the books but it did little to quell his rabid trolling.

Gotta love a successful troll.

BW could farm out server forum duties to a 3rd party, depends on game success/subs. Just hope there is a community left to make use of server forums if/when they eventually come along.

Ah you must be the 'RP'er type' that is IC on the local server forums.. Other than for that very.. very.. small subset of the MMO Genre.. I have YET, to run across a server forum that wasn't filled with 'He ninja'd my lewts', 'stop being a baddie', 'or your guild stinks' posts running rampant. Not to mention the one set of forums where people actually create level one characters to troll said server forums. You know the one who wanted to implement ReadID but didn't have the backbone to actually stick it out due to the out lashing of the community.

This general forum is just a small indication of what the server forums would be like if Bioware implemented them. Honestly I support them in this one endeavor. If you want server forums.. Make them yourself.

This is just another hole in an all ready sinking ship. I do not understand this myself. Bioware says they want to build a game that brings people together, then they heavily shard the game, and then they made that announcement that they were not going to have server forums.

Bioware learn nothing from previous MMO's launches, and for a company that has zero online or MMO experience - they should have been paying attention.

This is just another hole in an all ready sinking ship. I do not understand this myself. Bioware says they want to build a game that brings people together, then they heavily shard the game, and then they made that announcement that they were not going to have server forums.

Bioware learn nothing from previous MMO's launches, and for a company that has zero online or MMO experience - they should have been paying attention.

Correct,

It's because Blizzard doesn't moderate their forums like we're in WW2 Germany. Here, a thread deriding the game gets you a infraction and a closure, even if it's about TOR, whereas Blizzard let's it go on as long as it's on topic the flames aren't too bad. Whereas this forum only needs 5-6 people to effectively monitor per shift, Bioware has in my guess at least triple that to ensure that we constantly have more closed then open threads.