Why didn't you pre-order earlier? (Not a QQ)

Blood_Burger

I am being rewarded for my blind faith and love for Star Wars and everything Bioware releases.

EDIT: How did you people not assume it would be a staggered launch? They pushed the early playing time as soon as the pre-orders were released. How could you not assume it would happen? Come on now.

Edited by Rakenshi

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply because NO ONE told us at that point that it would matter when you preorder.... No other game has done this before and the staggered launch wasn't announced when the preorder option was available.

My experience on launch days has been, that it is best to get a CD key shortly before launch. On previous mmos my friends have been waiting for their preorder to arrive while I was already playing.

If I had any idea that early preorder = earliest access then I would have camped the preorder like a maniac..... thanks bioware...

Red Zoner.

I only decided to import when I reflected on how much I enjoy my panda cub in WoW from my original collectors edition. I think this game will go far so decided to make the investment.

Having some exclusive orange gear to mix in with my favourite other gear has made that a worthwhile decision. But it has delayed my pre-order.

I originally preoredered from play.com in early August. They never sent me my preorder code and I wrongly assumed the codes were not available yet. By the time I worked out that others had had their codes for months I was in the end of Nov beta. I cancelled from play.com and preordered the digital version from origin instead.

Doesnt bother me that others are playing and I'm not. I'm too old to join the 'rat race' aspect of MMOs. I just enjoy playing at my own pace. My gaming time is being used by Skyrim until that email comes through :)

;) i had to pay some bills at the time and was too broke to buy it right away. i had to wait 2 agonizing weeks for a paycheck.

i waited many years for this game and a couple more days isn't going to make much difference. :cool:

Well, for me there was no need to order earliar than December, as there was NO CLEAR ADVANTAGE announced.

The lack of this communication is completely ludicrous I really am sorry.

If they simply said, the quick your order, the quicker you will get early acess and be amongst these first waves, I am 100% sure that 100% of people would have ordered earliar.

Being amongst an odd 20 live launches, this has got to be the most unpleasing one. The fact that others are playing before me, makes me feel traitored, makes me feel unhappy, cheated.

One of the reasons I live launches, is to race others to 50, get "first on shards/cluster" finding out new stuff, teaching others, there are so many advantages you get when starting all at same time, all of them have been blown out the window.

I know they said things amongst the lines of "upto 5 days" and in their EULA they can do as they like, but if they said theres gonna be 3 days of difference between one ordering in july and one in november, well it would of helped alot of hassle, anger, and alot of other horrible feelings for those who want to play and have organised their week to play, cannot play!

Why didn't you pre-order earlier?

Not that its anyone business, but some people have to pay bills in the real world, and buy FOOD. This is BEFORE personal luxuries. I didn't pre order sooner because of those reasons. Can you imagine if everyone HAD all pre ordered at ONCE ? - where does your argument fit into that ?? - this would mean what exactly - everyone would of had to of all been given access together at once ? - as we know that wouldn't happen either because of the stress it would put on the servers. It does NOT matter when you pre ordered, it only matters that the wave of invites is particularly slow.

One of the reasons I live launches, is to race others to 50, get "first on shards/cluster" finding out new stuff, teaching others, there are so many advantages you get when starting all at same time, all of them have been blown out the window.

I agree with you there. I by no means would have been competing for a server first anything, but it is nice to be on equal footing with everyone and discover it all together. You can still do that to a certain extent I guess, but it almost feels less new.

This whole thread is a bunch of QQ. Seriously people, you couldnt' spare $5 back in July to pre-order? Give me a break. I'm a college kid and I managed. People really need to stop complaining. BioWare is rewarding the people who have followed this game from the start and jumped at the chance to pre-order the minute we got the email saying pre-ordering was open. If you don't like, here's some cheese...

I used to preorder games i wanted allll the time. But its an incresing pattern that when i preorder i get nothing at all or i get garbage. I think the last game that genuinely gave great stuff for preordering was saints row 2. Since then most pre orders felt like a waste of time. I mean most of the time its just not worth the added effort and its so very rare that any game store is gonna run out of copies. Thats just like throwing money away.

I did, but then i had to cancel my order since game never sent my code which i begged them for.

Only recently found out about this early access queue, it was an unpleasant surprise for me lol.

Ive been hearing this a lot from people that preordered from game, that they werent aware of a pre-order early acccess, and have had to retroactiveley 'beg' them for a code.

I also preordered from GAME (standard edition), but when i did so (after paying the REFUNDABLE £5 deposit-WTH does EA CHARGE £5 for preorder? anyway....) I got an actual DVD case containing some nice literature, upcoming offers and some vouchers, even some stickers, and a Galaxy map, along with the pre-order EGA code printed on a credit card type thing.

I havent yet encountered anyone who received the same thing. Most people seem to have got their code on the reciept.

Anyway, it was cool at the time because I took a photo of it and used it as my steam avatar, since it looks exactly like the actual standard edition DVD case xD.

Some people were much perplexed that I had somehow already got my copy. HeeHee.

Edited by gnarkilli

This whole thread is a bunch of QQ. Seriously people, you couldnt' spare $5 back in July to pre-order? Give me a break. I'm a college kid and I managed. People really need to stop complaining. BioWare is rewarding the people who have followed this game from the start and jumped at the chance to pre-order the minute we got the email saying pre-ordering was open. If you don't like, here's some cheese...

Shut the **** up. No one is crying in here but you. Go play the game *****.

Oh my god, this **** again.

If you can't afford to put down 5 dollars because you're broke, you shouldn't be playing this game to begin with. It costs 60 dollars plus a 15 dollar monthly sub fee.

Quit your ******** and lying, if you can't afford 5 bucks you are so ****ed it's unreal.

I preordered 7/21. I just didn't know I was supposed to register a code until 11/25. But that's beside the point.

The whole argument of preordering/registering earlier is flawed. Even if every single person registered their code on 7/21, EA would still be doing this staggered early access. Then some players would still be on their high horse: "Well you should waken up a couple hours earlier or typed faster."

I genuinely would like to know why we all didn't order sooner.

For me it was a matter of performance. I was a long time beta tester and in each build up until stress test weekend my FPS was poor. I didn't want to pre-order a game that I wasn't sure would run well. Eventually it did get fixed.

I was well aware of the "up to 5 days" clause. So I'm not complaining.

Whats your excuse?

I thought I did order early enough lol.. Apparently August was too late, my bad. Now I'm stuck with it as I can't get into the live chat thingy to cancel.

I genuinely would like to know why we all didn't order sooner.

For me it was a matter of performance. I was a long time beta tester and in each build up until stress test weekend my FPS was poor. I didn't want to pre-order a game that I wasn't sure would run well. Eventually it did get fixed.

I was well aware of the "up to 5 days" clause. So I'm not complaining.

Whats your excuse?

When I read EA+Bioware I was 99% sure this game would be ****. Now Im only 50% sure so Im gonna give this game a chance. And if it survives Im gonna enjoy this game for a long time.

When I read EA+Bioware I was 99% sure this game would be ****. Now Im only 50% sure so Im gonna give this game a chance. And if it survives Im gonna enjoy this game for a long time.

I don't know. Bioware has never done me wrong. Neither has Star Wars. For me, that wasn't an issue.

EA said that they were pretty hands off at E3 also and that was back in what May? June?

I ordered the CE from Amazon as soon as it was available, but I didn't check my email because I went on vacation to Hawaii, Tahiti and Thailand a few days later. Came back a few weeks later and realized I had to enter the code.

Its no skin off my back since I got friends who saved my name for me, and I was in closed beta for a while.