How to know what fleet instance we are in?

Cryptor

As the topic says, how do you tell what Fleet instance you are in, and others in the group?

Also, how do you manually switch instances (not by reloading/leaving area and coming back/joining a group - these often do not work properly) ?

Let's see if I remember properly from beta.

If you hit M to open your map on the bottom right hand side you will see "World Map" if there is more than one instance of the zone you are in it will have a drop down menu that will allow you to see/select the instance you would like to switch to (the one you see before you expand the drop down is the version you are currently in.)

The Guild window and Friends list will also inform you what version of a zone people are in.

Brain is foggy this early so this may be totally false and I apologize if it is indeed, but I believe you can right click on party members to switch to their instance.

Also, "I think" if you happen to be in a different instance than party members when they talk in group it will show their instance after their name in chat? (Again, I might have been dreaming seeing that before and apologize if I am wrong.)

Hope that helps some! :jawa_smile:

When you open your world map, you will see the name of the zone in the bottom right of the map. There it will indicate the instance you're in with a number behind the name of the zone.

If you click it and select a different zone, you will get a prompt with yes to switch and no to abort. If you hit yes it will reload you to the alternate instance of your choosing, your character will stay at the same spot (so you won't be relocated to a cloning center or smth)

Edit: Everything that Lucretia said is correct

Edited by DaniWes