Why is BioWare still adverising "You May Play Up to 5 Days Early" for pre-orders?

iTipTop

When they've said December people will only get a day? I know it says may and up to but at the same time they've thrown a large number at people, when only really going to be offering a short number. The ads make it sound like it's random and you WILL get a decent chance to play, instead you get one day.

They need to fix this, the whole community is divided over it.

When they've said December people will only get a day? I know it says may and up to but at the same time they've thrown a large number at people, when only really going to be offering a short number. The ads make it sound like it's random and you WILL get a decent chance to play, instead you get one day.

Money dude money

Maybe they will let everyone in tomorrow? None of us know.

After the 15th will be interesting to see if they still advertise it.

Personally if it was up to me, I would let everyone in tomorrow apart from the people who have made a whining post. I would give those people 2 hours early access.

Tough love :)

Edited by Tekkoclarky

Firstly, they have NOT said december people will only get a day. Stop twisting words if you want to say they are twisting facts.

Secondly there is still 1 more day to go before it cuts into the 5 days.

Thirdly if someone orders on say Saturday, knowing the launch is on Tuesday and they still expect 5 days they are just a complete moron.

Maybe they think that people understand the word 'may'. As in you might be able to, a slim chance, but a chance nontheless.

Just a thought.

Actually I think they know fine well what most people interpret the word "may" as - advertising departments have known this for years.

Advertising has been a science since the 1930's.

And the reason why they use it is because they know it bring in the $$$'s (whilst still offering plausible deniability).

I don't have any problem with the way they are launching SWTOR really, but if you think the customer base isn't being gamed, your daft. That's what advertising is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.