where are the mercenary commendations?

imbrium

I don't understand is this company retarded? why put a form of currency in the game and then have no way of earning it?

why not just make bags cost 800 and be done with it? This dev team is worse then wows currently and i thought that was impossible!

congrats you guys are dumber then ghostcrawler LOL

I don't understand is this company retarded? why put a form of currency in the game and then have no way of earning it?

why not just make bags cost 800 and be done with it? This dev team is worse then wows currently and i thought that was impossible!

After the nerdrage attack is over, you should visit the npc standing next to the bounty board. It sells 10 mercenary for 30 warzone ones.

After the nerdrage attack is over, you should visit the npc standing next to the bounty board. It sells 10 mercenary for 30 warzone ones.

He's aware of that, hence why he said 800 commendations.

There are chests that contain 30 merc commendations on Tatooine, but the same question could be raised why don't they just contain warzone commendations.

You're right, it doesn't make sense.

The tattooine ones were removed in a recent patch due to botters and campers. They were intended to be fought over like ilum, not taken by one person over and over.

I kind of agree with the OP though, they should have just made bags cost 800 commendations. Mercs just seem pointless

Why not make things that cost Merc comms just cost 3x more in Warzone comms. At least that what I think is going on in this thread, and I can't really argue against it. It does seem a little arbitrary to make it necessary to convert to a different currency to spend them.

its retarded because you currently get nothing from world pvp... why don't you get mercenary commendations from player kills in the world?

How about instead of acting like a little brat, you actually think? It's there since it'll probably be the primary PvP currency for something in the future. Not to mention it allows for extra farming if you're PvPing before 50.

Edited by pawestman

its helpful since you can only have 1k pvp commendations of each type on you at a time. can convert them over without capping out while leveling through the 40s. same with while grinding warzones.

especially since the speeder costs 1k of each

• 2 weeks later...

You only get one bag to preventing you getting entire sets of amazing gear before qualified. This makes it so your really have to work for entire battlemaster gear.

BUT.... i may point out that WZ commendations cap at 1000. If you so choose, you may pvp a lot during leveling, and simply trade all WZ commendations in for merc ones, also capping at 1000.

The potential there is, that by the time you reach level 50 you have 1000/1000 commendations and you can immediately recieve 5 bags (plus the dailys and weeklys) and very quickly be geared up in at least champ and cent gear.

The same is true with battlemaster gear. while grinding valor, you can stock up both types of commendations for valor rank 60-65, and instantly access those high level items when you are at the qualifying level.

To bottom line it, i dont see anything wrong with the system currently. Seperate commendations simply add a new challenge and dynamic unique to this game.

Edited by Moitteva
Quoted removed post

Ow thats funny because that's how it works in RL too. If I go to another country I trade my currency for other currency.

Jokes on you.

If every time you went grocery shopping, you flew to europe, you might have a point. Seeing as most people spend the bulk of their income in their own country (or region or whatever), your point doesn't really hold and you're desperately grabbing for a point.

The idea that Mercenary Commendations are just an interim step for buying one bag is stupid and pointless. Honestly the currency should just be removed, bags turned into like 400 or 500 warzone commendations per, and if the chests get reintroduced, make them give like 60 warzone commendations or something. This would speed up gearing a bit by making champion bags easier to come by, and that would make the gearing process less painful, in addition to polishing the currency.

You guys are missing the point. Mercenary Commendations are not supposed to be "Super Warzone Commendations". They are supposed to be another currency earned by doing a different type of PvP other than warzones (I assume world PvP). Notice how not only can you trade in 30 Warzone for 10 Mercenary, but you can also trade 30 Mercenary for 10 Warzone?

The reason the bags cost 200 of each is because the developers want you do both types of PvP. The trade ins are meant to be a way for people who prefer one type over the other to compensate, at a 3-to-1 penalty.

The problem is not that there are two currencies, it's that Mercenary Commendations are nearly impossible to get for lower level players, and so much harder to get than Warzone for all levels that the trade in becomes the main way to get them. Chests in free-for-all areas shaft low level players because they are at a disadvantage when trying to get them since high level players can also go (though may still be a good way to give bonus medallions). If the developers are serious about making world PvP important for all levels then they need to grant medallions for every reasonable world PvP kill ("reasonable" meaning the person is atleast green to you in terms of level; gray kills should award nothing to discourage camping lowbies), and perhaps even award them for capturing objectives or completing repeatable quests on Illium.

I would say that currently, getting Mercenary Commendations is atleast 3 times harder than getting an equal number of Warzone Commendations. If the developers don't make getting Mercenary Commendations easier (or Warzone harder; I guess that is technically an option too) then it IS generally pointless to have two currencies and they should consider combining them into one.

Edited by Vornox

merc comms are indeed retarded, they#re supposed to be from world pvp but the only place to get them is by trading warzone comms, so they are infact just a second form opf warzone comms just gained at slower rate.

champ bags cost 800 warzone comms

merc comms serve no purpose other than for bw to state they have "open world pvp currency"

Hahaha!

its helpful since you can only have 1k pvp commendations of each type on you at a time. can convert them over without capping out while leveling through the 40s. same with while grinding warzones.

especially since the speeder costs 1k of each

I think the other point would be, why is the cap so low or why there even needs to be a cap?

The warzone commendation cap is 1000, by converting to mercenary commendations you can save more commendations.

Stop posting noobs.

wow either your math is poor or your dumb

it takes 3000 warzone commendations to get 1000 merc ones. that means i have to get 4000 warzone to get 5 champ bags. champ bags which will only give centurion commendation always with a ****** chance of getting a champ gear. champ gear which i might already have. its nothing but a cleaver way to make players spend more time.

now if they combined the commendations

i could get 10 champ bags for 4000 commendations and maybe increase the chance of champ gear given by champ bags.

• 3 weeks later...
You guys are missing the point. Mercenary Commendations are not supposed to be "Super Warzone Commendations". They are supposed to be another currency earned by doing a different type of PvP other than warzones (I assume world PvP). Notice how not only can you trade in 30 Warzone for 10 Mercenary, but you can also trade 30 Mercenary for 10 Warzone?

The reason the bags cost 200 of each is because the developers want you do both types of PvP. The trade ins are meant to be a way for people who prefer one type over the other to compensate, at a 3-to-1 penalty.

The problem is not that there are two currencies, it's that Mercenary Commendations are nearly impossible to get for lower level players, and so much harder to get than Warzone for all levels that the trade in becomes the main way to get them. Chests in free-for-all areas shaft low level players because they are at a disadvantage when trying to get them since high level players can also go (though may still be a good way to give bonus medallions). If the developers are serious about making world PvP important for all levels then they need to grant medallions for every reasonable world PvP kill ("reasonable" meaning the person is atleast green to you in terms of level; gray kills should award nothing to discourage camping lowbies), and perhaps even award them for capturing objectives or completing repeatable quests on Illium.

I would say that currently, getting Mercenary Commendations is atleast 3 times harder than getting an equal number of Warzone Commendations. If the developers don't make getting Mercenary Commendations easier (or Warzone harder; I guess that is technically an option too) then it IS generally pointless to have two currencies and they should consider combining them into one.

This poster has it spot on, the system wasn't designed to be warzone only and have to convert for merc comms, the 30:10 trade is there to allow people to balance up their commendations, but at a penalty, to encourage play in both warzone and open world PvP. It's a good system, assuming both styles of PvP are equally enjoyable, accessible and rewarding, which unfortunately they are not.

How about instead of acting like a little brat, you actually think? It's there since it'll probably be the primary PvP currency for something in the future. Not to mention it allows for extra farming if you're PvPing before 50.

how about instead of acting like a ***, you actually think. its there since it was prolly there for pvp currency for something in beta thats not here anymore. whatta short dick poster you are did you misunderstand what he was talking about on purpose so you could call him a brat for some reason?