Yoda and Obi-wan would earn Darkside points in TOR..

Skydive

Yoda would get 100 points for:

Counselling Luke to abandon Leia and Han to the Empire in Episode IV.

Obi-Wan probably maxed out his Darkside bar:

On Tatooine when he tells all those lies about Anakin to Luke in order to give the Imperial Troops long enough to slaughter Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, thus severing Luke's ties to his home that prevent him leaving for Alderaan and becoming a Jedi.

Don't get me started on Qui-Gon :rolleyes:

Both these decisions are indeed for the greater good in the long run but the way LS/DS is implemented in TOR they would both be deemed Darkside actions, right?

Yoda would get 100 points for:

Counselling Luke to abandon Leia and Han to the Empire in Episode IV.

Obi-Wan probably maxed out his Darkside bar:

On Tatooine when he tells all those lies about Anakin to Luke in order to give the Imperial Troops long enough to slaughter Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, thus severing Luke's ties to his home that prevent him leaving for Alderaan and becoming a Jedi.

Don't get me started on Qui-Gon :rolleyes:

Both these decisions are indeed for the greater good in the long run but the way LS/DS is implemented in TOR they would both be deemed Darkside actions, right?

Eh, its kind of ambiguous rather or not Obi-Wan knew the stormtroopers were coming for Luke's Aunt and Uncle.

Obi-Wan got light points when he didn't kill Anakin on Mustafar, but Anakin got dark side points when he killed Dooku and +50 more dak points for not letting Mace Windu kill Sidious. Don't get me started on those +100 dark and -30 Obi-Wan affection for killing his pregnant wife..

Yoda: It wasn't the fact that Luke was going to save Han and Leia, it was the REASON he was going that Yoda was trying to stop him. Luke, like Kira, was demonstrating that he was having trouble with his emotions (up to that point, Luke would really be the worst emotion-controlling Jedi ever, since he had so little training in doing so). Luke was going out of sense of Fear ("the path to the Dark Side"), not out of a sense of Duty, and with a Spirit of Anger and Hate towards Vader/the Empire for putting his friends through such torture.

SPOILER: Just like how you get Light Side Points (LSP) for telling Kira that she shouldn't "mess with people's minds" but there are plenty of times when Force Persuade is the best option to prevent violence (she even challenges you about this). It wasn't the FACT that she was "using" Force Persuade, it was her intentions in doing it, and what the end result would be.

Obi-Wan: Yes he would have gotten a few DSP for saying "he betrayed and murdered your father" and "your father wanted you to have this, when you were old enough" (though you do get LSP if you lie to Nik on Coruscant), but neither he nor Luke knew that there were Imperial troops ON Tatooine looking for the droids until they came across the Sandcrawler on their way to Anchorhead. Obi-Wan was able to deduce what really happened (Luke still being a simple farm boy, believed the ruse) but didn't know WHY the Imperials attacked just that they did. Luke informs "Ben" that these were the same Jawas that sold them the droids not 60 secs before he realizes the danger's at home... pretty much the same time Obi-Wan would have figured out.

Of course Qui-Gon is absolutely the best Movie-example of a "Grey Jedi", so naturally he would be racking up the DSP compared to your typical Jedi.

Obi-Wan got light points when he didn't kill Anakin on Mustafar, but Anakin got dark side points when he killed Dooku and +50 more dak points for not letting Mace Windu kill Sidious. Don't get me started on those +100 dark and -30 Obi-Wan affection for killing his pregnant wife..

Only 100 DSP for killing your wife and unborn child (attempted to)?!! I would say at least 500 DSP for that, that's basically the darkest you can get. It's easy to kill of thousands and millions of strangers, but to kill those who are most important to you, and the ones you swore to protect.

Edited by Deejon_Loy

somebody should realy make a video on youtube.

Where they would insert DS/LS bards in certain movie conversations :D

that would be humorous.

INSPIRATION!!! :D ... but unfortunately I'm too busy this brand new game calles SWTOR to make any new videos at this time :p

This made me laugh.

Don't forget all the dark points Darth Vader got when he threw the Emperor over the railing.

This made me laugh.

Don't forget all the dark points Darth Vader got when he threw the Emperor over the railing.

From my experience with the Imperial storylines in TOR, the game is actually much more ambiguous than this. I've run into a couple situations where betrayal, deciet, and murder have been the light side options.