The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

aggro and tanking issues

jedi_shaneo

it seems to me that holding, and knowing what targets you have aggro on are a bit difficult so far as a level 26 jedi knight. i have poor aoe to hold aoe aggro and damage doesnt seem high enough to even hold aggro from my own companions even though i have a threat increasing stance.

and as a side note, trying to pvp with a jedi knight guardian is beyond worthless, you do virtually no damage, and you still die quite easily

typically i enjoy tanking in mmo's, but tanking in this feels much worse than it should be

it seems to me that holding, and knowing what targets you have aggro on are a bit difficult so far as a level 26 jedi knight. i have poor aoe to hold aoe aggro and damage doesnt seem high enough to even hold aggro from my own companions even though i have a threat increasing stance.

and as a side note, trying to pvp with a jedi knight guardian is beyond worthless, you do virtually no damage, and you still die quite easily

typically i enjoy tanking in mmo's, but tanking in this feels much worse than it should be

Yes this is a issue for Jugg and guardian. the issue is we have very little AOE threat management we have 1 AOE force taunt wiith a realitivly small radius. Jugg and Guard seem to be single target tanks. the proble is alot of the enocounters are very geared towards AOE threat management. The problem is compunded by no target of target to tabbing or clicking through targets to get them from healers sucks beyond belief. the issue at hand is going to result in alot of juggs and guards levling in DPs spec and switching to Immortal in endgame and shelving them when they are not raiding. assassin tank is far better in the Tanking range for lvlin through FP i cant speak for hard modes i am afresh 50. but BW has been aware that this issue is imbalanced since Beta. there are so few of these classes that actually tank it will not get much attention. prepare for carpal tunnel.

I tank on my 36 Assassin and do fairly well with AOE and single target control. Shadows and Assassins have more AOE than Juggs / Guardians. Not sure how it is with Powertechs and whatever else can tank.. But its pretty sick tanking with a double bladed lightsaber :D