AFK'ing in BG's...starting to be epidemic

Sajek

Not sure of other people's experience. Since we have no such thing as "cross-server", we get to play with/against the same players very often. I'm totally fine with that, it builds rivalries and familiarity with the community.

Great!

But, there's the bad that you also notice those people that afk all the time in warzones...and i mean, more or less botting through them. Last match I played just now (Voidstar) had 3 people with 0's on everything (damage/healing/whatever) and we didn't have players leaving/joining throughout the match.

37.5% of the team.

1 guy in particular has around 8.5k health (named Lsxb on Space Slug server, imperial) who I get to play "with" constantly....in Civil War, he just hides behind one of the canons, in hutt ball / voidstar, don't know where he hides but he hides (he's got 0 deaths so enemies aren't finding him either).

I wrote tickets, so has several in my guild who do a lot of pvp as well. If people are being banned for exploiting the economy, even if camping a slicing chest or something, is anything going to be done for people such as these who ruin the game for others?

Missing out on a slicing chest is trivial, spending time in a warzone shorthanded because of people like that really burns me.

Edited by Sajek

TLDR ... OP is a chest slicer who is mad about recent bans and fixes but uses AFK PvPers as a guise to cry.

Umm, no...never been banned. Just saying exploiting chests is trivial compared to ruining other people's gameplay. However, congrats on trolling me.

Not sure of other people's experience. Since we have no such thing as "cross-server", we get to play with/against the same players very often. I'm totally fine with that, it builds rivalries and familiarity with the community.

Great!

But, there's the bad that you also notice those people that afk all the time in warzones...and i mean, more or less botting through them. Last match I played just now (Voidstar) had 3 people with 0's on everything (damage/healing/whatever) and we didn't have players leaving/joining throughout the match.

37.5% of the team.

1 guy in particular has around 8.5k health (named Lsxb on Space Slug server, imperial) who I get to play "with" constantly....in Civil War, he just hides behind one of the canons, in hutt ball / voidstar, don't know where he hides but he hides (he's got 0 deaths so enemies aren't finding him either).

I wrote tickets, so has several in my guild who do a lot of pvp as well. If people are being banned for exploiting the economy, even if camping a slicing chest or something, is anything going to be done for people such as these who ruin the game for others?

Missing out on a slicing chest is trivial, spending time in a warzone shorthanded because of people like that really burns me.

As sucky as it is, I don't think it's a bannable offense. Exploiting is a completely different story. Unless you can somehow prove that afk'ing in a Warzone is an exploit, or unintended function in the game, you really don't have anything on it.

I mean, you're saying that you're handicapped because that player isn't doing anything to help. Well, what if that player was so bad that he wouldn't have contributed anyway? or what if that player had such bad FPS issues in warzone (as many have) and can't contribute anyway? Would you consider banning him because he didn't add to your game?

I'm just playing devils advocate here. Unless there's something in the TOS that can consider AFK'ing in a warzone as an exploit or other bannable offense, I doubt there's much you can do.

And to some people, missing out on a slicing chest isn't trivial. Just as some people probably don't care if they add to your game or not. To each their own.

Edited by Lazorous

Fair enough, I won't be jumping for joy if we have a truly bad player that doesn't add too much to the match but they're not botting...they just happen to be bad and/or having technical issues.

Its people that chain join warzones and do absolutely nothing. They intend to do absolutely nothing. They are not playing, for all I know, its a computer program that automates it all for them.

From the SWTOR TOS, we have a link to rules of conduct stating the different things we are not allowed to do which may result in actions against the account. I found two that could be relevant in this case.

•Exploit any bug in the Service or in any BioWare product to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Though what I describe isn't a bug, its a way to gain unfair advantage. Get valor etc.. etc.. but no need to actually play. Maybe you're botting so you get all the benefits of playing when you're doing something else (work/school/whatever).

•Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing a BioWare game and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of BioWare in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

This one is relevant. I get this particular afk'er very often...I played 2 games today, he was in both. Don't confuse about being bad...we can't all be pro's, that's fine but if a bot program plays for you, that's very different.

Fair enough, I won't be jumping for joy if we have a truly bad player that doesn't add too much to the match but they're not botting...they just happen to be bad and/or having technical issues.

Its people that chain join warzones and do absolutely nothing. They intend to do absolutely nothing. They are not playing, for all I know, its a computer program that automates it all for them.

From the SWTOR TOS, we have a link to rules of conduct stating the different things we are not allowed to do which may result in actions against the account. I found two that could be relevant in this case.

•Exploit any bug in the Service or in any BioWare product to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Though what I describe isn't a bug, its a way to gain unfair advantage. Get valor etc.. etc.. but no need to actually play. Maybe you're botting so you get all the benefits of playing when you're doing something else (work/school/whatever).

•Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing a BioWare game and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of BioWare in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

This one is relevant. I get this particular afk'er very often...I played 2 games today, he was in both. Don't confuse about being bad...we can't all be pro's, that's fine but if a bot program plays for you, that's very different.

I agree that if it's botting, that is bannable actually. So if you can prove they are botting, then they should get the boot.

However, I have personally witnessed a co-worked remoting to his home computer and playing Swtor and q'ing for Warzones. Now, when he does this, the frame rate is horrendous so he really can't do anything. Instead he just sits there and afk's for the xp while he's at work.

Technically, I don't think that is a bannable offense as long as you are in control of you character. Just food for thought.

AFK is bad, but what is worse is under performing. What I mean is that one side who is outclassed, by 50's, expertise gear, a guild, or just better players. They then have the mentality of "Oh well, since we are going to lose anyway, might as well do it with some class." So they all cluster around one zone, and try to defend it, forfeiting everything else in the game. In this way they cut down on the number of deaths on their losing side.

AFK is bad, but what is worse is under performing. What I mean is that one side who is outclassed, by 50's, expertise gear, a guild, or just better players. They then have the mentality of "Oh well, since we are going to lose anyway, might as well do it with some class." So they all cluster around one zone, and try to defend it, forfeiting everything else in the game. In this way they cut down on the number of deaths on their losing side.

The problem here is that if you don't do that, all you're doing is charging up to superior opposition and dying, giving enemy medals while getting nothing yourself. Since you can't expect to be doing significant damage to the other side, it'd be optimal to lose as quickly since you're not gaining anything.

Of course, such a situation basically turns into a lose-lose situation for both side because the winning side soon won't have anyone to kill so they won't be getting more medals/kills either.

Generally speaking I'd say the winning team either should have the courtsey to win the game quickly (especially Huttball) if it's obvious that the opposing side stands no chance, or know how to fight a quasi fair deathmatch (if no one on your side ever died, it's not fair, and the enemy will notice and make sure you get no more kills). Most of the guys who I see that try to 'farm' the enemy just ends up hurting themselves, because they either aren't as good as they think they are (you can be steamrolling and still not be as good as you think you are) and get farmed instead because the winning team usually have to expose some weak players on purpose to lure the the defender out, or they are too good at it and no defender ever comes out and they're just prolonging the fight for no gain when they could've ended it quicker.

Edited by Astarica

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.