Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This is starting to annoy me!

Harower

Made a short recording to show it.

View it in 1080p

Whatever toggle/flag/call happens in cut-scenes can't be on permanently? From a programming standpoint this seems highly illogical. Someone with more skill then I care to elaborate on a reason why?

Edited by Harower

You can't see the difference in those qualities?

All I notice is that it gets darker, then goes lighter again; I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there

I don't doubt that the issue exists, but you're just not telling us what to look for

i see the difference but it's so miniscule that you wouldnt even notice if you were enjoying the gameplay. Now this is us telling you if this is bothering you then this is not the game for you because youre too busy looking at how the game looks instead of enjoying the game.

The issue is the texture resolution. Player textures are low res when outside of cutscenes, and when in the dressing room. Even though it clearly shows the high res textures are loaded and instantly swap on when you enter a cutscene, or dressing gear on your companions.

The issue is that the high res armor textures currently only get used in cutscenes. The rest of the time only medium res textures are used. In his screenshots the difference is most noticeable on his gauntlets.

It's definitely a real issue, but BW has already said they're working on it.

If this is the reason everyone s concerned about the 'gamebreaking' resolution issue i'm more convinced than ever that our entire society is doomed and the zombie apocolypse is right around the corner. And you sir, are gonna be the very first to go.

Actually you are the one that concerns. First up, the use of the tittle "sir" does not make you come across more educated. At least put on a monocle.

Second, you can't read. No one in this thread even uttered the words "game breaking", let alone "everyone" as you claim.

Thirdly I am amazed at how desensitized majority of people seem to be. To not only be unable to see a quality difference in the below two images, but be completely satisfied with the blurriness of detail is amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/NBgIQ.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/553/hirez.png

I posed two questions. One got answered, the other I withdraw out of distaste for this community. I'm off to class so I wont see replies, but here they are for reference for whoever feels the need to reply.

Q1. Does it annoy anyone? Answer was not only does it not annoy people, very few can even tell the difference.

Q2. Does anyone with high programming skill really see it turning whatever call triggers the high resolution textures during cutscenes permanently on as problematic as BW make it appear?

Speculation: It has been sabotaged on purpose along with AA due to an underlying issue they are masking. For example the large amount of people with low FPS with no AA and crappy textures, would be amplified with those two features.

Edited by Harower

Actually you are the one that concerns. First up, the use of the tittle "sir" does not make you come across more educated. At least put on a monocle.

Second, you can't read. No one in this thread even uttered the words "game breaking", let alone "everyone" as you claim.

Thirdly I am amazed at how desensitized majority of people seem to be. To not only be unable to see a quality difference in the below two images, but be completely satisfied with the blurriness of detail is amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/NBgIQ.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/553/hirez.png

I posed two questions. One got answered, the other I withdraw out of distaste for this community. I'm off to class so I wont see replies, but here they are for reference for whoever feels the need to reply.

Q1. Does it annoy anyone? Answer was not only does it not annoy people, very few can even tell the difference.

Q2. Does anyone with high programming skill really see it turning whatever call triggers the high resolution textures during cutscenes permanently on as problematic as BW make it appear?

Speculation: It has been sabotaged on purpose along with AA due to an underlying issue they are masking. For example the large amount of people with low FPS with no AA and crappy textures, would be amplified with those two features.

Man, seriously, relax. no wonder people are dying at their computers in record numbers. No on on the internet can take a joke. Indeed, mmos iz srs biznes. Happy People don't get cancer. Get a dog or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.