The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BioWare- I love your game, but your forums suck on toast

Jimer_Lins

Look guys- I know you've got a lot to deal with. I recognize that. But your forums make it impossible to get any kind of publicity for anything.

You have a "Server Events" forum which nobody reads.

You have a "Community" forum- which hardly anyone reads.

You refuse to create server forums. (Can I just add that I see that as about the most lethally bone-headed stunt I've ever seen?)

Your "General Discussion" forum is full to the brim with hateful troll posts and shrill screeching, but moves too fast for anyone to reasonably follow.

So, I ask you- when I try to create an event and publicize it, you actually expect me to post to the forum buried five levels deep in your impenetrable hierarchy, which gets less than one post per day? Nobody reads that forum. The bulk of the threads there were moved from other forums because... nobody reads that forum!

It's not a lot of fun to work on community events when the people who run the game seem to actively work AGAINST the idea of creating community events or fostering communities within their own servers. This stuff takes time and effort to plan and coordinate. If we're not able to let people know "Hey, there's something cool going on", then why should we bother doing all the work?

Here's some of what you need to do:

• Create server forums. No, I don't care what your reasons are for not having them, you're wrong for not having them. Not having them implies you don't want or support community, which I don't think is true.
  • Flatten the forum list. If you want people to know there's a PVE forum, stop making them browse five pages deep. They're not going to do it.
  • Put more information on the forum listing and make the listing wider. This double-column thing you're doing is a bad idea.
  • Get rid of the massive and largely useless above-the-fold announcements. Put them in an announcements forum and let people get to the list. Making people scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the most frequently-accessed content is just plain bad user experience.
  • Get better support for players who want to engage the community.

Throw me a frickin' bone here, guys. We're doing cool stuff, but you're really taking the wind out of our sails with this silliness. Act like you appreciate the community and the people working to foster it, please?

This gets a 5 all day.

An ABSOLUTE MUST..

A good community, the feeling of friends is what gets people to return to the game they are playing.

You think everyone loved to play wow? No, plenty of people hated playing it, but kept playing because they couldnt bring it to themselves to say goodbye to the people they met. Server forums strengthens the community, and is better for both the users AND EA in the long run.