Get rid of the damn revive timer "10 min"

Slayrid

Exactly what I've been experiencing since EGA and one of the main reasons I'm canceling.

Wait, I thought the UI customization thing was why you were canceling...or are you just posting this exact phrase in every thread you can find?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit the 10-minute timer can often be frustrating. Sometimes bosses really are just very tough, particularly if you're playing a class that might not always have optimal damage output.

The thing I've learned on my Sith Marauder is this: if I die twice and use all my cooldowns and medpacks both times, it's typically time to pull out a healer. I now have the option of pulling out a tank as well in Pierce. So the first time I die, I'll move to Quinn (I typically quest with Jaesa). If he doesn't keep me alive, I'll move to Pierce. If I can't do it with Pierce, it's possible I can't do it at that point.

Thing is, most of my quests are typically yellow by the time I get to them. I hit Quesh last night and stuff was orange til I hit 36th level, at which point everything became yellow. The final parts of both my class quest and the (thankfully short) planet arc were both fairly easy, easier than I thought. Part of it might be that I'm actually just getting better at my class, learning when to use which cooldowns, and knowing more optimal times to use a medpack (as most fights don't go so long that the medpack cooldown will be up before either I'm dead or the boss is).

This said, I still think coming up to 10 minutes after just two deaths is a bit much. Five minutes seems more reasonable. It's no big deal to run back from a med station when you're in an instanced area, but when you're just in a wide open area with a boss at the end, you often have to grind your way through respawns again, which is irritating.

They could go to where you lose experience after death with the ability to de-level, have all of your gear left on your corpse, and have to fight through all of that stuff with either no gear or gear you keep in your cargo hold as backup.....oh wait, that's already been done. There needs to be some sort of death penalty in a game, or people will simply not care if they die and never actually get better.