Bolster past 40

Strah

Anyone else having this issue with sniper being kind of weak @ warzones between 40 and 50?

before 40, my ambushes were critting up to 4.2 k on sorcs, hell, at level 12 i had a 4.6 k crit with that red buff, and now i'm 43, and i my biggest hit for the last 5 warzones was below 3.5k, snipes are 1-1.2k each, and i'm not talking about 1k ambushes ( non-crit) on a buffless juggernaut.

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating, seeing my 50 BH tracers critting for 2.7k, combined with 3.9k heatseekers.

Wait until you're a fresh 50 and don't get bolster anymore. You'll be doing less damage than your 43. The bolster stats are actually a little generous. I haven't tested nor confirmed but I suspect the bolster stats are roughly equal to level 50 blue items.

Either way, it sucks.

Wait until you're a fresh 50 and don't get bolster anymore. You'll be doing less damage than your 43. The bolster stats are actually a little generous. I haven't tested nor confirmed but I suspect the bolster stats are roughly equal to level 50 blue items.

Either way, it sucks.

What i'm trying to point out is why my hits @ 43 are weaker than my hits @ 12?

I believe my sorc friend had the same issue when at 40+ his heal just wouldn't crit more than 2.4k. Now he's 50, got some epics and his non-crit heals are >2.6k

Edited by Strah

What i'm trying to point out is why my hits @ 43 are weaker than my hits @ 12?

Less benefit due to level alone? I mean, usually the way MMOs work is that 100 points of Attack is more damage at lower levels than 100 points of Attack at max level. Usually. Not saying SWTOR is like that since I haven't really dug into it much, but it could be.

That or I'm talking out of my arse about this. Sounds good to me, though!

Less benefit due to level alone? I mean, usually the way MMOs work is that 100 points of Attack is more damage at lower levels than 100 points of Attack at max level. Usually. Not saying SWTOR is like that since I haven't really dug into it much, but it could be.

That or I'm talking out of my arse about this. Sounds good to me, though!

I believe it doesn't work like that.

100 power with 1.0 scaling will always be 100 damage.

I believe it doesn't work like that.

100 power with 1.0 scaling will always be 100 damage.

Then I honestly have no idea. :( Kind of sucks that it works out to be less useful the higher you get... but I honestly cannot think of any other reason why bolster would be less effective.

I'd love to see screenshots of level 40 stats vs level 10 stats bolstered. Maybe the level 10 is simply bolstered higher for some reason?

i dont remember where i saw it but i seem to remember reading that bolster stats was actually better the lower level you were meaning low levels like 10-20 actually had the advantage over higher levels like 40-50 even sometimes fresh ding 50s.

i dont remember where i saw it but i seem to remember reading that bolster stats was actually better the lower level you were meaning low levels like 10-20 actually had the advantage over higher levels like 40-50 even sometimes fresh ding 50s.

This would make sense to me in a way, simply because the higher levels have more Skills and Abilities to use. A crude way of doing it, but it kind of evens the playing field a bit more.

I hit 50 yesterday and it is awful. I do less dmg then at any other time while leveling up...

Yes. You no longer get the benefit of Bolster at 50, so you'll have to get some gear before being competitive again.

Edited by Xontier

It's because bolster is also trying to make up for the amount of skills higher level players have. Since lowbies have a lesser amount of skills than higher levels, those fewer skills do more damage...which makes for a hell of a time PVPing if you're a frontloaded class.

can understand what your saying here just hit 40 and find it very fnny that now ambush with -20% ar debuff(leathality bulild) in the last 4 warzones I coudlnt get the +2.5k damage badge

all the time hitting for a max of 2.4k

i realise if i was mark I would get + critical, but when every other person regardless of class hits upwards of 2.5k it becomes ridiculous

Like someone said earlier, it sounds like they get slightly higher stats an damage to balance out that higher levels have a greater selection of abilities to play with, so while they may not be doing as much damage I find I have been firing off abilities a lot faster than I was at the lower levels. Anyway by the looks of it, you wont really have to worry about this much longer if your around 50

Anyone else having this issue with sniper being kind of weak @ warzones between 40 and 50?

before 40, my ambushes were critting up to 4.2 k on sorcs, hell, at level 12 i had a 4.6 k crit with that red buff, and now i'm 43, and i my biggest hit for the last 5 warzones was below 3.5k, snipes are 1-1.2k each, and i'm not talking about 1k ambushes ( non-crit) on a buffless juggernaut.

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating, seeing my 50 BH tracers critting for 2.7k, combined with 3.9k heatseekers.

Could be you're fighting more people with PvP gear as there are more and more 50s every day.