Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP Trooper Videos You Found Helpful

xXxTitanxXx

So does anyone have any videos of good players that helped them out a lot? I'm spec'd in Gunnery so I would really like videos of a Gunnery spec'd Commando, but feel free to post videos for CM and Assault too. If we get enough I'll edit them into the OP.

Edit: Sorry guys, had a busy week so I wasn't able to put any videos in my OP. Here are some good ones that I have found:

Rectified from tgnSWTOR

For Troopers that are lower level:

For Troopers that are higher level:

Rectified playing Huttball:

Saridan79

How to kite from Saridan79:

How to use Focus Targets:

Taugrim

I would list his videos, but he has a ton. He doesn't have too much on dps commando but you should still check him out. Even watching him play other classes has taught me a ton. I suggest you check out his Huttball videos too, he has some good tips.

Here is his archives on Twitch.tv:

http://www.twitch.tv/taugrim/videos?page=1

Magesblood

Level 50 PvP gameplay:

Edited by xXxTitanxXx

Probably haven't been any because you really only spam grav rounds until they're low and then spike damage with sticky->grav->demo (All 3 hit at the same time, can't anticipate that kind of spike damage as a healer).

Kind of boring to watch, but pretty fun to play. If you know of a program that doesn't **** on your FPS as much as fraps does, I may be able to post a short video demonstrating 99% of what you do in a warzone.

Search for Taugrim commando on the tube.

I was just about to post this myself! Taugrim streams both Trooper Vanguard PvP and he was doing some BH on empire as well (not sure if he's still doing BH). The guy is a decent PvP'er and understands the value of tactical combat. He does have a ample supply of, lets call it self-confidence, that can rub some people the wrong way though (i.e. he can come off a bit cocky and overly assured of his abilities). I honestly don't think he means to come off that way though, and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Even though he's not playing a commando; he can give you a good idea of placement strategies, tactics, and generally good PvP practices. Just take him with a grain of salt and he's pretty fun to watch. :)

Edited by Scotfo
Grammar!

I was just about to post this myself! Taugrim streams both Trooper Vanguard PvP and he was doing some BH on empire as well (not sure if he's still doing BH). The guy is a decent PvP'er and understands the value of tactical combat. He does have a ample supply of, lets call it self-confidence, that can rub some people the wrong way though (i.e. he can come off a bit cocky and overly assured of his abilities). I honestly don't think he means to come off that way though, and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Even though he's not playing a commando; he can give you a good idea of placement strategies, tactics, and generally good PvP practices. Just take him with a grain of salt and he's pretty fun to watch. :)

I found his commentary to be anything but cocky. He is clear and informative about what he is doing in his videos, and offers the viewer good tips.

Good quality vids.

I found his commentary to be anything but cocky. He is clear and informative about what he is doing in his videos, and offers the viewer good tips.

Good quality vids.

I couldn't agree more. I just find him confident of his abilities. It's just a criticism I've heard from some friends who have watched him.:D

Edited by Scotfo

Going to watch them in a sec, but vanguards and commandos have entirely different positioning so learning from a vanguard will, in general, be a bad thing unless it's something general like 'use this box to break LoS'. (Since I've noticed I can fire over some boxes, but there is a few chest high ones that break it completely).

Going to watch them in a sec, but vanguards and commandos have entirely different positioning so learning from a vanguard will, in general, be a bad thing unless it's something general like 'use this box to break LoS'. (Since I've noticed I can fire over some boxes, but there is a few chest high ones that break it completely).

You are not going to learn optimal ways to position a gunnery commando by watching his Vanguard video's. What you will see, is how he practices situational awareness and moves to position himself according to what the situation requires. Something that needs to be hammered into every PvP'rs mentality at all times. This is especially true for new/novice PvP'rs, whom I believe are the ones most interested in watching his video's for tips in the first place. If you are looking for a video that will help you perfect your gunnery positional technique then you may want to look elsewhere. I personally prefer not to rely on videos to teach me at this point; and focus on honing my own techniques. reaction times, and positioning. However, Taugrims does a great job commentating and is just fun to watch in my opinion.

Edited by Scotfo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.