Where is our gear?

Samitch

What is the best gear for my Sith Warrior Jugg that has 3 modifications slots and the augmentation slot? Where should I be looking to get this gear? I will hit 50 tonight and want to prepare myself for the path needed to best gear up my tank for raiding/flashpoints.

You want to be looking at the end game gear. Personally i've gone down the PVP route and doing Ilum + Warzones for the Champion gear. These only have 2 slots though, the armour mod can't be altered.

Theres some PVE versions with the Columni & Rakata gear + 1 other I think, which is similar but buffs presence rather than expertise I believe. Or you could mix and match, I've also seen a few guys doing that.

Until you get that, all I could recommend is getting some nice orange/purple gear and fitting the best & most relevant mods you can afford/find in.

Edited by JohraTon

Theres some PVE versions with the Columni & Rakata gear + 1 other I think, which is similar but buffs presence rather than expertise I believe. Or you could mix and match, I've also seen a few guys doing that.

What is needed to get this gear? I don't recognize the currency it is requesting and can't find information on it.

If you're planning on tanking PVE, I wouldn't suggest any PVP Gear as you'll spend your time PVPing as opposed to running flashpoints and hard modes and while PVP Gear has a lot of endurance, it lacks the mitigation stats like defense, accuracy, shield rating/absorb that are required for PVE.

One thing I agree with is getting some decent orange pieces and socketing them, ideally some pieces you think look good because the mods can all be replaced.

Next I would hit the AH or find someone who does artifice that has the blue modification recipes for stats that I mentioned above, I have most of them myself but I doubt we're on the same server.

Alternatively you can of course get mods and stuff from commendation vendors, I believe Correlia has the best mods for 50 starting out, and Voss I think is right under that.

I've looked the stat requirements and stuff up before but can't remember them off the top of my head, I recall tank Jugs require 120% accurace as we have a base 100% force accurace and 90% melee accuracy.

In order to reach the sweet spot of 100% melee accuracy we of course need to hit 120% total accurace(100 force + 20=120 and 90 melee + 20=100). Any accurace over 100% reduces a mob's defense chance, so mobs will have difficulty avoiding your force attacks.

For the rest of your requirements I would suggest Googling it or hitting sithwarrior.com as Elobi has a pretty decent guide for starting out. Also the Correlia gear vendor has some BIS gear pre-ops and hard modes like the tanking chest and I believe gloves.

What is needed to get this gear? I don't recognize the currency it is requesting and can't find information on it.

Im not 100% sure on the PVE gear, but I believe you run the dailies and they pay you in the crystals and comms. Also, hardmode flashpoints seem to be a place you can get either the unassembled gear or more currency.

With the PVP gear, you can either buy the champion bags for 200 merc and 200 warzone comms, or you get them awarded for the weekly & daily missions.

When you open the bags you'll either get 3 centurion tokens, which you can buy stuff from the cent vendor, or you get 1 comm and an unassembled armour which you can trade in at the champion gear vendor.

It takes a little while to get the set as its based on RNG but after a couple of weeks I've got quite a few pieces.

Then at 60 valour I get to do it all again for the battlemaster gear :eek:

If you're planning on tanking PVE, I wouldn't suggest any PVP Gear as you'll spend your time PVPing as opposed to running flashpoints and hard modes and while PVP Gear has a lot of endurance, it lacks the mitigation stats like defense, accuracy, shield rating/absorb that are required for PVE.

One thing I agree with is getting some decent orange pieces and socketing them, ideally some pieces you think look good because the mods can all be replaced.

Next I would hit the AH or find someone who does artifice that has the blue modification recipes for stats that I mentioned above, I have most of them myself but I doubt we're on the same server.

Alternatively you can of course get mods and stuff from commendation vendors, I believe Correlia has the best mods for 50 starting out, and Voss I think is right under that.

I've looked the stat requirements and stuff up before but can't remember them off the top of my head, I recall tank Jugs require 120% accurace as we have a base 100% force accurace and 90% melee accuracy.

In order to reach the sweet spot of 100% melee accuracy we of course need to hit 120% total accurace(100 force + 20=120 and 90 melee + 20=100). Any accurace over 100% reduces a mob's defense chance, so mobs will have difficulty avoiding your force attacks.

For the rest of your requirements I would suggest Googling it or hitting sithwarrior.com as Elobi has a pretty decent guide for starting out. Also the Correlia gear vendor has some BIS gear pre-ops and hard modes like the tanking chest and I believe gloves.

Umm...there's an entire tanking PvP set with defensive stats and they all come with lots of accuracy and endurance. It's definitely functional to use as you work on the PvE gear.

You only need an additional 10% accuracy, not 20%. And fwiw, 90 + 20 = 110, not 110. Reason being is your normal attacks have 90% base accuracy, but all your 'special' attacks, force included, start off with a base of 100% accuracy. Most mobs have a 5% base defense chance, but bosses have an additional 5%. So getting your accuracy up to 100% will grant you a 100% chance to hit with all of your main abilities

So we have cleared up that PvP gear will work for our tanking needs.

But where do I get the currency required to buy the Rakata and Columni gear that I see available at the Fleet Command?

Heroic Flashpoints and Operations. Columni gear tokens drop very sparsely in normal ops, but in hardmode ops they drop much more frequently. Rakata gear (the main pieces, not implants/ear/belt/armguards) can only be gotten in hardmode / nightmare operations

What is the best gear for my Sith Warrior Jugg that has 3 modifications slots and the augmentation slot? Where should I be looking to get this gear? I will hit 50 tonight and want to prepare myself for the path needed to best gear up my tank for raiding/flashpoints.

If you want some decent entry level 48-50 gear without having to do Operations or Hardmodes, then make you check out the Corellia commendation vendor, the Ilum "daily" commendation vendor, do some PvP, and run the higher level normal flashpoints (Directive 7, The Battle of Ilum, and The False Emperor).

Also, keep an eye out for crafted items. A lot of the really good ones need hardmode FP mats, but I'm sure there are some crafted pieces out there that are really easy to get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.