Pre-ordered in July, entered code in Oct.

TheNevet

I pre-ordered from origin.com on July 21, 2011. I got the confirmation email, I thought, "ok, cool, I'll save this for later when it's closer to when the game comes out." (BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE)

So, I didn't enter my code on this website until October 11, 2011. There is nothing in the email confirmation that said I needed to enter the code ASAP or anything in it that told me I needed to put the code in to get the early access I was promised. I may be wrong, but I don't think that origin.com said anything about it when I was ordering either.

So, Bioware, next time entering a code is what determines something instead of actually buying it early (like I did), make that very clear. Now I'll be lucky if I get in by Friday, even though I pre-ordered on the very first day.

I pre-ordered from origin.com on July 21, 2011. I got the confirmation email, I thought, "ok, cool, I'll save this for later when it's closer to when the game comes out." (BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE)

So, I didn't enter my code on this website until October 11, 2011. There is nothing in the email confirmation that said I needed to enter the code ASAP or anything in it that told me I needed to put the code in to get the early access I was promised. I may be wrong, but I don't think that origin.com said anything about it when I was ordering either.

So, Bioware, next time entering a code is what determines something instead of actually buying it early (like I did), make that very clear. Now I'll be lucky if I get in by Friday, even though I pre-ordered on the very first day.

better luck next time, o.... and good luck on your name hunt. same thing kinda happened to me... fyi dont preorder shzt from gamestop <.<;

Edited by Jovant

If you had bothered to read the FAQ it was all in there. The fact you didn't is your issue.

Additional Product Information: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Standard Edition Pre-Order -

1) Go to http://www.swtor.com/preorder/code

2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)

3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted. (This is listed as “Digital Rights” in your receipt above.)

4) Complete Registration.

5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.

This is what the email said regarding the code. Nowhere in there does it say that I needed to enter the code immediately or that it would effect when I got into the early access.

i have same problem here

I'm pretty sure when I placed my order on Origin it said something about making sure to enter your code asap. I could be wrong as it's been a while. :(

Dude why didnt you check the SWTOR website? they had explicit instructions on this. I redeemed my code in early october as well. But i redeemed at the day i pre order.

Edited by Spartanik

They did when I did my order. They also kept reiterating that early access would be determined by when you enter the pre-order code. It's not BW's fault you didn't listen to the instructions.

It was very clear. I knew from July but wasn't sure if I could afford the CE until October so my code isn't registered till October either.

Have no sympathy for people that decided to 'sit' on their codes for no justifiable reason.

ur not wrong mate...

In no way did it state anywhere, emails or websites, that the earlier you enter your code the earlier you'll get into EGA. Many people are currently getting screwed over.

You must be joking they anounced it in day one... If ppl dont know how to work with a web site and look at FAQ its their fault not Bioware. or maybe ppl are too layzy to read, or to research properly information what they are buying. It happens alot, sign of the ages, instant gratification and consumist mentality. I want to play now, i need to have this now..etc etc.

Nope, can't remember where (I just looked for it) but one of the developers even said that no one knew about the code entry directly affecting when you got into EGA until about a month ago.
Nonsense then what was the porpuse of the code in the first place?!?! keep in mind the redemption code for early acess isnt the registration code of the copy, you will receive that on launch, if im not mistaken. Edited by Spartanik

I did a similar thing. Ordered end of July and didn't put my code in until beginning of October. Totally my fault for not checking the procedure thoroughly.

Still, up until recently I thought I might get 1 or 2 days early access and now it looks like I might be in by the weekend, so it's better than I expected anyways.

If this is the worst of my personal screw ups this month then I'm content.;)

Nope, can't remember where (I just looked for it) but one of the developers even said that no one knew about the code entry directly affecting when you got into EGA until about a month ago.

Was more than a month ago, I knew long before I pre-ordered my CE in october.

Nonsense then what was the porpuse of the code in the first place?!?! keep in mind the redemption code for early acess isnt the registration code of the copy, you will receive that on launch, if im not mistaken.

That's my point. How was I supposed to know what it was for if the email sent to me didn't explain it?

This definately incorrect.

(proof)

Having ordered in July and then being 'away' until the end of September I read about the pre-order code and noticed I hadn't received one. I cancelled my original order and re-ordered through Amazon and received a code and entered it. This was all done because I had found out about the code thingy, upon checking I found the information was definately available in July, I'd missed it/misunderstood it, simple as that.

This info was definately available in July when I first ordered.

Indeed... You should've read the stuff here on the website...

Like the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and Stickies and stuff like that...

You could also read some fansites, as they covered it as well...

You could also have followed some SWTOR shows on youtube and the like...