[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

Rhaphael

Something seems to be wrong with the droprate of schematics by Underworld Trading missions. One user reported only receiving 1 schematic in 300 missions.

From my own mission experience I have may be found only once crafting schematics or missions while on an underworld trading mission for mats, but had between 10 to 20 when going for grade 5 gifts in the level 49-50 bracket

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reversed stats when comparing items in the craft list to items equipped is really getting annoying. It was working in Beta and release but the last patch really hosed it up bad. Please fix this problem ASAP. Makes crafting new items really annoying! :mad: Edited by DragorXT

I was looking for this thread amongst the stickies today and couldn't find it. Why did they unsticky it? I started thinking I was looking in the wrong place or I'd imagined that it had every happened in the first place.

edit: Also, has anyone ever seen a rich grade 2 underworld metals mission? I've tried repeatedly to get one to show up with no luck. I get rich grade 2 underworld fabric missions and I can do up to grade 4 missions.

Edited by lull

Synthweaving seems to be missing some heavy schematics, there are light and medium orange schematics at levels 11 and 15 but the first heavy schematics don't appear until level 19 as far as I can see. I have checked databases on different sites incase it just that I haven't found them but as far as I have been able to determine they don't exist. From level 19 onwards all armour classes get orange schematics at the same time, its just 11 and 15 that are missing.

IIRC this is the range you get the dual-class restricted orange gear.

I haven't checked the Republic side, but the Heavy Sw gear shares a restriction with BH, and is crafted by the Armortech, i suspect the same is true for the republic.

I spent this morning looking trough the GTN, and I have come to the conclusion that they have probably incorrectly set up the restrictions on the Dual-class orange items.

Also, the names of some of the gear don't pass a logic check for one of the classes, having the word 'Sniper' anywhere near gear designed for a Sith Warrior to wear seems a bit off to me. But my logic could be faulty.

I haven't run enough UT missions but of the people saying 'I keep getting the other factions orange gear' is it only these dual-class ones? Or do you get JK/SW only ones?

• Investigation and Underworld Trading can yield schematics for the opposite faction, making them useless to the player that received them and generally unsellable because no one wants them (although they can be sold in Nar Shaddaa to the opposite faction, but in general you can't).

[/Quote]

Edited by Arandrell

Anyone have this happen to them?

Currently I am unable to send out more than 2 companions on my level 50 which I thought was related to my level 22 alt.

Reloading the UI and quitting out entirely does not fix it.

Any ideas?

IIRC this is the range you get the dual-class restricted orange gear.

I haven't checked the Republic side, but the Heavy Sw gear shares a restriction with BH, and is crafted by the Armortech, i suspect the same is true for the republic.

I spent this morning looking trough the GTN, and I have come to the conclusion that they have probably incorrectly set up the restrictions on the Dual-class orange items.

Also, the names of some of the gear don't pass a logic check for one of the classes, having the word 'Sniper' anywhere near gear designed for a Sith Warrior to wear seems a bit off to me. But my logic could be faulty.

I haven't run enough UT missions but of the people saying 'I keep getting the other factions orange gear' is it only these dual-class ones? Or do you get JK/SW only ones?

On my Rep maxed out armstech (weapon crafter) I've yet to find an orange recipe except the level 49 ones the crewskill trainer sells.Seen none from drops,none from crew missions and none on the AH.Is this right or how it's meant to be? It doesn't seem likely to me as I know armourmech guys who have orange recipes as low as 19 for some heavy armour pieces

On my Rep maxed out armstech (weapon crafter) I've yet to find an orange recipe except the level 49 ones the crewskill trainer sells.Seen none from drops,none from crew missions and none on the AH.Is this right or how it's meant to be? It doesn't seem likely to me as I know armourmech guys who have orange recipes as low as 19 for some heavy armour pieces

I think this is likely related to the fact you get a free orange weapon or two at the end of the prologue. That and the fact the fact that the armour crafters don't have the equivalent of barrels to craft for Orange gear.

I have Armormech on 347 at the moment and when crafting items that are supposed to give experience I just get the message 'There are no missions designated to the crew skill 'Armormech'.

So I can't improve my Armormech-Skill anymore at the moment. I can craft the items I already learned though.

Anyone similar experiences?

I have Armormech on 347 at the moment and when crafting items that are supposed to give experience I just get the message 'There are no missions designated to the crew skill 'Armormech'.

So I can't improve my Armormech-Skill anymore at the moment. I can craft the items I already learned though.

Related to the fact that returning missions reset the mission list? As there are no crafting 'missions' there is nothing to reset, and the warning pops up.

Not quite sure. My missions in Underworld Trading and Scavenging do work and I get experience out of them. It's just the crafting skill not working. It also doesn't matter which companion tries to craft. Crafting goes well but in the end no experience.

Restarting the the game and system didn't help either.

Wrote a ticket but I haven't got much hope that it can be solved.

You can try crafting 49 stuff. But you'll hit 50, and get better gear than the time it would take to craft the set. It's just not worth it.

This guys is wrong, you can craft the 49 stuff and reverse engineer it to be better than the first two tiers of raiding and competitive with rakata. You can crit them with augment slots. You can crit your bop profession piece with an augment slot. There are patterns for 50 blues you can reverse engineer and crit. There are bop patterns that drop in operations and hm flashpoints.

The problem with the crew skills forums is that the people who have taken it over have perpetuated some lie that amazing gear drops off trees and hits you in the head and that hm flashpoints are a walk in the park in green quest gear. Neither is true. You need gear to get gear and you can get better gear with time spent in crafting and getting a crit than you can get from most places that are accessible for a fresh 50. The truth is crafting is expensive and time consuming and makes amazing pieces and the people who are doing it successfully aren't here whining that all crew skills are broken, they're in game crafting or playing.

Pvp is of course different b/c you want expertise, but expertise does diddly squat in pve and you likely have an item budget overinflated with endurance and nowhere near the plus 100 of a primary stat in almost every slot like I do.

Not quite sure. My missions in Underworld Trading and Scavenging do work and I get experience out of them. It's just the crafting skill not working. It also doesn't matter which companion tries to craft. Crafting goes well but in the end no experience.

Restarting the the game and system didn't help either.

Wrote a ticket but I haven't got much hope that it can be solved.

Have you went back to the trainer and learned the new patterns lately? You outlevel recipes and then they don't give experience anymore and the new ones have to be purchased from the trainer. You get new patterns about every 10 to 20 levels.

Edited by Ravenelle

That error message is a known bug, it's already in the main list. As for not increasing the crafting skill, that is not part of the bug but a separate issue, are you sure the recipe is not gray, in which case it never gives exp to begin with? You should check your trainer to see if there are new recipes you can learn.

Diplomacy

Diplomacy missions can sometimes return a decimal number of LS/DS points when they fail, e.g. 2.2000000247.

Not only that, but it ill also give you a weird decimal number of the opposite points.

I failed a mission that was supposed to give Dark Side points and received 0.2(something) Dark Side and 9.(something) Light Side points (and no, they didn't add up to 10 if you removed the minus sign, but something odd near 10).

Edited by Adwynyth

Armstech: The weapon damage of the Purple Wraith Elite Sniper is equal to the Green Wraith Elite Sniper (unless the purple has +power) on the "Ranged Damage" on the character pane, and as actual damage in my limited testing. The weapon damage on the item's tooltip is WRONG when compared to the character pane.

I'm not sure if this affects all purple weapons or just the Wraith Elite, I haven't had a chance to test more yet.

Tested with Fervor Wraith Elite Sniper (Supposedly Rating 124) & Wraith Elite Sniper (Rating 106) on my friends 50 sniper.

Edited by gnarf

1. Underworld Trading isn't broken in terms of schematic drops. I regularly receive 2-3 per day from a guild member who has 400 Slicing. It's substantially higher than 1/100. Probably more along the lines of 10%-15% at least, especially given there are no schematics from some crew skills. For clarification, these are skill 300 and 340 epic mission schematics.

2. Synthweaving has SEVERAL schematics that drop that are identical in all but name to schematics you purchase from the trainer. I don't have a current list, but it certainly needs to be cleaned up. We don't need duplicate items with identical looks taking up room in an already extremely disorganized list.

3. I didn't see this in the OP, but all schematics, especially in the GTN, should show a message, "You have already learned this schematic". Currently, I have no clue what I've already learned and what would be a brand new schematic for me while browsing. Even when guildmates send me a schematic, I don't know until I either search or try right-clicking (and hope I haven't already learned it).

4. The listing of schematics in your crew window really needs to be overhauled. Currently, I'm seeing level 50 epic recipes showing at or near the bottom of my interface. Even when sorted by level, they're usually at the bottom of that level bracket. We should be able to sort by *quality* or something with the "best"/epic schematics at the top, then blue, then green.

Hope this helps.

Edited by jkwengert

3. I didn't see this in the OP, but all schematics, especially in the GTN, should show a message, "You have already learned this schematic". Currently, I have no clue what I've already learned and what would be a brand new schematic for me while browsing. Even when guildmates send me a schematic, I don't know until I either search or try right-clicking (and hope I haven't already learned it).

I agree, this is very much needed (it's already under suggestions though).

Right-clicking and hoping you don't already know it doesn't work, you will "learn" the schematic regardless of whether you already had it or not. Even if you already know the schematic it will be used up without giving an error message. So beware when you do this! (this is also already in the list though)

I agree, this is very much needed (it's already under suggestions though).

Right-clicking and hoping you don't already know it doesn't work, you will "learn" the schematic regardless of whether you already had it or not. Even if you already know the schematic it will be used up without giving an error message. So beware when you do this! (this is also already in the list though)

The OP is a bit of a challenge to get through, so thanks for vetting. :)

What about the other three points?

UWT fabrics are now listed in the GTN under UWT (please double check).

Also, if you have a BoE item and BoE augment, and insert the augment into the item, then you will have a BoE augmented item. BUT, if you remove the augment, then you will have a Bound augment and a Bound item. I reported this as a bug, and they confirmed.

This is fixed, at least on my server :p

Confirmed.

UWT fabrics are now listed in the GTN under UWT (please double check).

Confirmed.

Seems like a stealth fix on both of these, can't find it anywhere in the patch notes.

Also, if you have a BoE item and BoE augment, and insert the augment into the item, then you will have a BoE augmented item. BUT, if you remove the augment, then you will have a Bound augment and a Bound item. I reported this as a bug, and they confirmed.

I'll add it to the list.

Edited by Rhaphael