[Current Bug List] Crew Skills

Rhaphael

Armstech - RE'ing the green level 50 Fusion-X blaster does not learn the blue schematic. I have crafted over 60 without unlocking the blue. I unlocked the blue schematic for the others within 15 RE's or less. Edited by BlinG

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armstech - RE'ing the green level 50 Fusion-X blaster does not learn the blue schematic. I have crafted over 60 without unlocking the blue. I unlocked the blue schematic for the others within 15 RE's or less.

You wanna talk bad chances....I made the lvl 50 galactic blaster and it took about 40 to get the blue and then 93 to get the purple.I was hoping that the stats on the recipe might be wrong but unfortunately they were right and my orange upgraded cannon with daily reward barrel/mod/enhancement was way way better,even after mastercrafting the cannon!

Not sure if this bug has been reported yet but on my biotech I got the rekata recipes and I have 2 biometric crystals but they show up as having zero in the crafting window ,however,it correctly shows that I can craft my rekata reflex stim with the ingredients I have.

Rhaph, first off nice job. Secondly, a quick suggestion for the masses that I've tossed around with the guildies:

Allow for top-level crafters to create an Orange item from a non-Orange; i.e. make a piece of gear that has no Orange equivalent, but you dig the looks of, into an Orange. You can make it a resource heavy Transform schematic. You can make it a further tier of RE'ing wherein RE'ing a Purple gives you a chance at an Orange schematic (current state of RE notwithstanding).

Either way, don't merely add more drops of Orange schematics, or Orange schematics for existing (non-Orange) sets, put the onus for these squarely on the crafters.

Basically though, BW made a nice decision with Orange gear, let us have access to a few more looks.

Rhaph, first off nice job. Secondly, a quick suggestion for the masses that I've tossed around with the guildies:

Allow for top-level crafters to create an Orange item from a non-Orange; i.e. make a piece of gear that has no Orange equivalent, but you dig the looks of, into an Orange. You can make it a resource heavy Transform schematic. You can make it a further tier of RE'ing wherein RE'ing a Purple gives you a chance at an Orange schematic (current state of RE notwithstanding).

Either way, don't merely add more drops of Orange schematics, or Orange schematics for existing (non-Orange) sets, put the onus for these squarely on the crafters.

Basically though, BW made a nice decision with Orange gear, let us have access to a few more looks.

Thanks for the suggestion, added to list.

I must be cursed....had my issue with crafting a purple assault cannon last week and now I'm trying to research a hawkeye reflex implant with as little luck.

So far I've had NO new purple recipes since Sunday but have had 4 "you already know that schematic" messages.Getting sorely tired of this BS,I used to love crafting in TOR until the last 2 - 3 weeks :(

MAJOR post-patch bug on crafted purples, at least on Armstech. Instead of the previous bug with purple items doing the same damage as blue, they now do MUCH LESS.

Critical Elite Stealth Blaster (blue, level 45, Rating 108) description shows 183-340 damage and when equipped, the character screen shows the correct base damage of 183-340.

Fervor Elite Stealth Blaster (purple version of the above, level 45, Rating 116) description shows 211-392 damage and when equipped, the character screen shows only 150-278 base damage.

These are both crafted by me, and other stats are as you would expect (i.e. there is not some other stat affecting damage, the character screen "Base Damage" should always be the same as the weapon description damage).

This completely breaks Armstech crafting.

Edited by WonderSausage

Even after yesterday's pacth, the Exotech Skill Stim schematic i have in my inventory from an E.Vault run still gives me the message "invalid schematic" when i try to learn it. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed?

Does anybody else still have this problem?

So far I've had NO new purple recipes since Sunday but have had 4 "you already know that schematic" messages.Getting sorely tired of this BS,I used to love crafting in TOR until the last 2 - 3 weeks :(

I also started getting the "you already know this schematic" when trying to get the Expert craft for a nice little Crit/Power combo set. ((i.e. reversing a blue to get a purple)

You would think this wouldn't happen since green to blues have no problem. Successful reversals produce one of the remaining or only schematic left. Or at least i haven't noticed it.

MAJOR post-patch bug on crafted purples, at least on Armstech. Instead of the previous bug with purple items doing the same damage as blue, they now do MUCH LESS.

Critical Elite Stealth Blaster (blue, level 45, Rating 108) description shows 183-340 damage and when equipped, the character screen shows the correct base damage of 183-340.

Fervor Elite Stealth Blaster (purple version of the above, level 45, Rating 116) description shows 211-392 damage and when equipped, the character screen shows only 150-278 base damage.

These are both crafted by me, and other stats are as you would expect (i.e. there is not some other stat affecting damage, the character screen "Base Damage" should always be the same as the weapon description damage).

This completely breaks Armstech crafting.

Can you clarify is this is either a temporary display bug that fixes itself when restarting the client / relogging or a permanent display bug that doesn't fix itself, or a truly bugged weapon that actually does less damage on use?

Add that orange (moddable) items show as blue (prototype) both in GTN searches (both for actual items and schematics) and in the crew skill interface.

Feel free to use anything you find in the thread you can find in my signature, I've lost any hope on crafting and pvp for this game, so I won't maintain that anymore -> wasted time.

Add also that Cybertech granades ignore resolve in PvP -> this is a BUG or otherwise its the way to say if you want to pvp you NEED Cybertech at cap.

Add that orange (moddable) items show as blue (prototype) both in GTN searches (both for actual items and schematics) and in the crew skill interface.

Feel free to use anything you find in the thread you can find in my signature, I've lost any hope on crafting and pvp for this game, so I won't maintain that anymore -> wasted time.

Add also that Cybertech granades ignore resolve in PvP -> this is a BUG or otherwise its the way to say if you want to pvp you NEED Cybertech at cap.

First one is already in the list under "suggestions" as:

Schematics for orange custom gear currently have a blue name, making them indistinguishable from normal blue gear. These should be changed to have an orange name, this would make it easier for crafters to see which gear in their crafting list and on the GTN is customizable and which is not.

I'll add the part about grenades ignoring resolve. I don't PvP personally, so I would never have noticed it otherwise. Thanks :).

Edited by Rhaphael

Nice list. I found all my current issues listed here :)

At least now I know they are bugs and not just me doing something wrong.

I wish BW would maintain such "current issues" information too, but no... we have to get all information from other users on the forums :(

Yeah I would wish that too. Although they do seem fix a handful of bugs on this list every patch, so at least they're working on it.

I also wish someone would tell me why this thread was stickied a while, then suddenly became unstickied. It's quite annoying to keep the list up to date when it keeps falling to 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc page within a day.

It's also quite saddening to see people making new threads about issues that are already in this list, but they didn't know about it because it gets pushed to other pages so fast. When this might be simple to fix by just keeping this thread stickied.

Incase it has not been mentioned, the imbalance in missions.

The representes underworld trading missions. Sample taken from last round of attempts.

First toon from grade 1 to grade 3.

13 missions available overall

10 companion

3 underworld fabrics

1 (grade three) underworld metal

------------------------------------------------------

Second Toon Grade 1 to Grade 4

17 missions available overall

11 Companion

3 Fabric

3 Metal (one each, grade 1,2,3.) (Grade 4 consisted of 5 companion gifts).

-------------------------------------------------------

This has not been found by me to be an oddity, but the norm. I've been noting this for 1 week. The rarity is 3 viable metal missions. The norm is an over abundant number of companion gift missions.

Incase it has not been mentioned, the imbalance in missions.

The representes underworld trading missions. Sample taken from last round of attempts.

First toon from grade 1 to grade 3.

13 missions available overall

10 companion

3 underworld fabrics

1 (grade three) underworld metal

------------------------------------------------------

Second Toon Grade 1 to Grade 4

17 missions available overall

11 Companion

3 Fabric

3 Metal (one each, grade 1,2,3.) (Grade 4 consisted of 5 companion gifts).

-------------------------------------------------------

This has not been found by me to be an oddity, but the norm. I've been noting this for 1 week. The rarity is 3 viable metal missions. The norm is an over abundant number of companion gift missions.

with 400 in uw amd an armortech i have to constantly run gifts and fabrics to spawn more metals. its really annoying when it now takes an hr and 1500 creds on average to do. I used to just run the metals but would end up being forced to do gift/fabrics when no metals spawned. Annoying at first now i just think of it as a way to help max out my companions on all toons faster and have materials for guildies... lol

Wow.

I'm glad I found this thread before RE'ing more than a dozen vibroknives.

I'm not glad that I went Armstech to 400 on my IA, only to make ~100k credits off of selling barrels as I level - *if* you ignore the cost of mats/missions - with absolutely no benefit at level 50. Nobody wants to buy rank 22 barrels because the epic/better version is attainable in one round of dailies. Nobody wants blue or green main hand weapons - because why would they when the best stuff is made from oranges filled with the hilt/barrel gained from dailies? I see no BoPs for myself to offset the terribleness of the other items.

The one benefit I still hoped for was to RE a blue or epic offhand vibroknife. Scratch that. I guess I'll just ignore the fact that I skilled up a crafting skill and hope they improve something so that it was more than just a timesink/moneysink for zero benefit.

I took Armstech because I thought making weapons would be neat, and knew the benefit might not be as great as other skills...but figured there would still be *a* benefit. I don't even want my own barrels...!

with 400 in uw amd an armortech i have to constantly run gifts and fabrics to spawn more metals. its really annoying when it now takes an hr and 1500 creds on average to do. I used to just run the metals but would end up being forced to do gift/fabrics when no metals spawned. Annoying at first now i just think of it as a way to help max out my companions on all toons faster and have materials for guildies... lol

You don't need to run those long missions just to refill the mission window. You can also run the 3 min lowest level missions, works just as well. Or just do a zone transition, anything that gives you the loading screen will work.

Sticky, please.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but discovered missions do not always succeed.

I bet this is intended. Normal missions have a chance to fail, so discovered missions work the same. It's annoying sure but I don't think it counts as a bug.

Almost on 3rd page already, wow that goes fast.

Does anyone have any bugs to add that I missed?

Yes I have a bug the support dont seem to know how to fix. Every Diplomacy mission that gives biochemical bonding agents tier 1 disappear in my bag. I had a stack of those disappear and ever since then every mission reward for only biochemical bonding agents vanish into oblivion. Chat log says i got it but my bags stay empty (weird thing is when i empty my bag it says 1/40 slots filled)