Revivification AoE Heal ...

Cyrric

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello fellow healers,

I have one question.

Is this already confirmed and tracked as a bug or should we simply ingame ticket this until it is fixed?

I'm not sure Bioware hasn't confirmed anything that Ive seen at least. Anyone else know?

This is my concern. I only found a cross-post on the test server forum that sage is healing better as the initial heal is working for sages but not for us.

I also found no other hint that it is acknowledged to be an issue (even I did not really see this bug, but I never seen the initial heal only the hots).

I will simply report it via the ingame bug reporting, hopefully then it will get noticed.

This is my concern. I only found a cross-post on the test server forum that sage is healing better as the initial heal is working for sages but not for us.

I also found no other hint that it is acknowledged to be an issue (even I did not really see this bug, but I never seen the initial heal only the hots).

I will simply report it via the in game bug reporting, hopefully then it will get noticed.

Yeah so far that's all we can do sadly I'm sure they have enough on there plates as is. Id love for a confirmation on this thread from anyone at Bioware stating that this is a problem that is getting looked into/fixed.

Submitted a ticket earlier this morning and asked for it to be forwarded to a dev, hoping it will help raising awareness. This spell could be very useful but as it is now - especially considering the mirror version of it - I think I don't go too far by saying this can't be intended.

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon as there is very little reason to pick up the top talent, currently.

Don't worry we got a zombie invasion coming that should make it easy to overlook this stuff. lol Seriously though I hope they fix this, seeing as there is a minimal amount of AoE heals available to Sorc and we have the more limited resource.

I agree though please fix soon.

my my.....

Sorc skill tooltip say: heals for xyz dmg. There is no single word about an initial heal. All classes have little differences and if it's this by sorc an jedi thingy than it is. I haven't found a ingame place, fight or mechanic where this is gamebreaking ^^.

my my.....

Sorc skill tooltip say: heals for xyz dmg. There is no single word about an initial heal. All classes have little differences and if it's this by sorc an jedi thingy than it is. I haven't found a ingame place, fight or mechanic where this is gamebreaking ^^.

Its wording is exactly the same as Sage's aoe heal. And although the wording is pretty vague, it implies that there should be an initial heal before the residual ground hot.

This isn't a situation where there's a slight difference, due to animations or whatever, it's a situation where Sorc version is exactly worse than the Sage version.

Another example of a skill with a situation like this is IA/Smuggler's Flash Bang. The smuggler version had a 30 second longer cooldown, and Bioware stated that that was their goof.

Its wording is exactly the same as Sage's aoe heal. And although the wording is pretty vague, it implies that there should be an initial heal before the residual ground hot.

This isn't a situation where there's a slight difference, due to animations or whatever, it's a situation where Sorc version is exactly worse than the Sage version.

Another example of a skill with a situation like this is IA/Smuggler's Flash Bang. The smuggler version had a 30 second longer cooldown, and Bioware stated that that was their goof.

Thank you for your response to this.

I got a reply to my ticket a couple days ago(after about a 3-5 day wait). All they said is they are forwarding it to the next level and they wont be keeping me updated.

That's really all they can do since they are just CS reps and not the developers themselves. We just have to keep hoping this gets addressed or at least acknowledged soon. =D

Edited by mikroh

I got a reply to my ticket a couple days ago(after about a 3-5 day wait). All they said is they are forwarding it to the next level and they wont be keeping me updated.

That's really all they can do since they are just CS reps and not the developers themselves. We just have to keep hoping this gets addressed or at least acknowledged soon. =D

Man that sucks. This sounds like when I reported not being able to abandon quests. I talked to a CS rep for about 20min because they thought they could "trouble shoot" it. In the end they said they were forwarding it to a different level and that was they last I heard of it. :/

Same here:

[...] Thank you for contacting us with this bug report. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information. [...]

I am very much convinced that there is an issue with the spell. After casting it a whole lot, it is very apparent that the initial heal - contrary to the Sage version - is a mere HoT tick and not a big upfront heal, followed by a small tick which is the first - rightful - HoT tick.

I would be very surprised if this would be WAI and am sure that it's only a matter of time before it gets adjusted. I would like to ask everyone reading this to submit a similar report (just copy Cyrric's template) if you haven't already.

The two spells both have exactly 11 HoT ticks with the first two coming in rapid succession.

The only difference is the lack of our initial healing component. Ie the data file says "Heals for X, then Y over 10 seconds". Except in our version the X is missing.

I just noticed that this fix wasn't listed in the 1.1 update for today. Has this already been fixed? i'm a level 42 sorc healer right now working on getting to reviv, would really be a shame if it's not working still.

It's not in 1.1, and 1.1 was not today.

i'm a level 42 sorc healer right now working on getting to reviv, would really be a shame if it's not working still.

Well, don't be discouraged; it's still an ok and situationally useful spell to get and worth the talent point if you're going for a 31 point build. It's just not as good as it should be due to the missing initial upfront heal.

Edited by Ardenya