Social Rules

Cazuel

I figured I was ask this crowd on what the general consensus is.

I know that under BW's battleground concept that level tens are in with the 50's and there is some kind of balancing done. However, I have noticed with my main that its obvious there is still a huge difference as a team with higher levels seems to win more often than one with lower level toons etc.

Logged on to an alt I created and thought I would take him into battlegrounds. My intent was to level one toon pve and another through pvp. This alt is only at 11. I knew 11 was low but figured, what the heck.

Before the round actually started a level 50 strolls over and stands in front of me and types, "Go level first bro".....

My question for the PVP community. What are the social rules under this form of battlegrounds? Was he just a jerk who thought because I was on a low level toon I didn't belong in his battleground? Or, was I out of place for bringing a low level toon into the battleground and hurting my teams chances at a victory? If so, at what level does the pvp community feel someone should level to first before entering the fray?

My initial reaction was to ignore the guy and write him off as a 12 year old WOW convert. What say you all?

Just ignore him. My first time in pvp, someone called me so many names it would make a sailor blush because while surrounded by reds being pounded to death, I didn't "pass the ball". It was my first time holding the ball...EVER.

People are jerks, don't worry about it.

I'll admit I'm happy when I load and see I'm on the team of four level 50s with the same guild name. But if I'm on a team with 10s and 12s, I realize they have the same right to be there too. Hell, level 10 is when you get the quest telling you to queue for pvp. How is it shocking that level 10s would be there.

And there is a lot a low level can contribute. Maybe you can't melee down a 50, but you can help, and more importantly you can get objectives done for your team. I can't count the number of times I've sneaked my lowbie over to an ignored turret while everyone was busy trying to kill each other in the middle.

A person has a lot to offer in pvp, not just their gear and level.

go level - you are essentially useless waste of space at 11 - unless you are fighting other 11s....

Could you back that up with serious intel?

Altho you lack alot of skills between 10 and 31 to be relly competetive, you are by no means useless in warzones.

And to be completely honest, I've seen level 15s do and play waaay better then some 50s.

regardless of level, learn to play first; if you never played a game of baseball and accepted an invitation to the company picnic without making any effort to learn the basics, well so much for ever getting promoted or being placed into any position of responsibility; youll miss the direct feedback you get online in comparison to when people stop talking as you enter a room.

higher level toons get more tricks, but lower levels can still contribute, just use all of what you have and pressure their healers/throw the ball/use your potions/run away when you can if your should etc

I was hoping for more imput. Thank you for those who did comment.

So, if I may, based upon the small number of comments, I can assume the social rules to be just play the GAME and enjoy pvp. IN addition, while not scientific, it also appears to be some consistancy on how people post. For example, the oppossed simply made a blanket statement, while those not opposed to low level toons in battlegrounds appeared to have the ability to explain their reasoning. Makes one wonder if maturity is involved in one's point of view :p

Edited by Cazuel

There is no social rule for this, but high level elitists will be pissed if they get a bunch of lvl 10s or 11s. But honestly do whatever you want, because you will never get good at it if you don't start.

Practically tho, classes are at an extreme disadvantage until at least level 14, but between 16-18 you will have the core essentials (cc, cc breaker, sprint, and a few talents) to be competative in warzones.

I have been topping dps regularly since lvl 17, so it gets easier pretty quickly

Ignore elitist douchebags

You can go. I specifically remember (because I was surprised) being killed by a level 13 sniper when I was in my high 20's low 30's. Granted I was beaten down by other players but the 13 was able to finish me off and contribute to his team. I remember thinking Bioware has the scaling damage balance pretty good. (You get a power boost when you're lower level then everyone else).

You're not gonna solo a 50 but you definitely can contribute.