Dirty Fighting needs revamp!?

jazzflute

First i want to say that scrapper really works great and has awesome abilities and sound effects that match a scoundrel class. And it adds the "feel" we all want.

Then we have dirty fighting that does have potential but has some major issues atm.

The first problem is our range, we have to be within very short range to use our abilities, and those of you that have played this talent tree will know that it requires you to keep up your dots all time to be any good for single target dmg.

It also requires alot of focus on rotations that can be a downside for this tree, since you will not enjoy the fights the same way(perhaps).

So we have to be within short range to do decent dmg. During encounters where your target moves alot your rotation will be destroyed completely and you will not be able to keep up all dots on target to do effective dmg, instead you will spend all your time applying dots every time you get to your target resulting in low dmg output. This may not be the same issue for PvP that it currently is in PvE.

Scrapper on the other hand has alot of burst and does not have this issue with applying dots.

Second, it does not add the feel to being a scoundrel, the sound effects is boring/normal compared to scrapper which is awesome. The anymations is boring aswell, it is hard to distinguish which ability you are using if you just listen to the sound and watch the animation.

My overall opinion is that if this does not get fixed with a range increasement or longer dots perhaps this tree option will not be used by many as we can already see on servers. This is a dying tree already at launch.

The other option is to make a complely new tree, but that is unlikely.

What is your thoughts on the Dirty Fighting talent tree?

Do you guys have different experiences?

Also i would like to hear more about PvP aspect of this tree.