The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I play MMO's for PvP, like most of you...

Cannashroomer

I really enjoy the PvM in this game, but i play MMO's for PvP, like most people... and I find the fps issues in PvP are game-breaking. When I use my interrupt spell to stop someone's cast in PvP, I can expect at least 1 second of delay before my character actually attempts the spell... every time, without fail. This is bad.

There was even a time when my "health regen" ability wouldn't cast as i kited and SPAMMED on that ONE ability at 10% life. My character would try to make the animation for the ability, but it wouldn't go off, about 5-6 times, and i was killed 10 seconds later.

The fact that nothing has changed with my computer or my internet connection makes me think I'm utterly wasting my time trying to PvP in SWTOR.

On this same machine, with this same internet connection, I experience absolutely no lag in PvP in WoW. If Shaman in WoW had to wait for 1 second between when they try to use their interrupt-shock and it actually going off NOBODY WOULD PLAY SHAMAN.

In summary, RESPONSIVENESS is the most important thing in PvP, and SWTOR is very UNresponsive in PvP, thus breaking the game's PvP content.

As someone who has reached the top echelon of the arena brackets in WoW by using careful timing and being quicker to respond than my opponents, I find that SWTOR is incapable of allowing truly great players to shine in PvP.

Right now I prefer playing LoL over SWTOR for my PvP fix, and that's sad, considering LoL is a 4-button noob game. Unsub now, like i already did, if your PvP experience is important to you. Don't hesitate, just do it.

I agree, most of the time my stealth fails due to lag or a missile chasing me into it and bam no more stealth. I have also ha huge issue with chasing the ball carrier on Hutt Ball down off ramps just to watch them fly right back to the top one and cap the ball.

Maybe it will be fixed like many other bugs in this game maybe not. I doubt will be around to find out.

I use to Lag loads changed my motherboard n cpu using the same gx card and bam went from 6-12 fps to 60-112fps in WZ n cause of that I'm always 90% of the time getting 7+medals. As a shadow you cant afford to have any lagg at all. I use to run a dual core 2.2ghz with 8gb DDR2 ram, and now I'm running 4.4(using the new i5 cpu 3.3 safely overclocked using the wizard) and i purchased new RAM 8gb DDR3 1000 something. overall i guess when they say minimal requirement they don't consider pvp. hope tht helps, only thing you can really do is upgrade your pc.

I really enjoy the PvM in this game, but i play MMO's for PvP, like most people... and I find the fps issues in PvP are game-breaking. When I use my interrupt spell to stop someone's cast in PvP, I can expect at least 1 second of delay before my character actually attempts the spell... every time, without fail. This is bad.

There was even a time when my "health regen" ability wouldn't cast as i kited and SPAMMED on that ONE ability at 10% life. My character would try to make the animation for the ability, but it wouldn't go off, about 5-6 times, and i was killed 10 seconds later.

The fact that nothing has changed with my computer or my internet connection makes me think I'm utterly wasting my time trying to PvP in SWTOR.

On this same machine, with this same internet connection, I experience absolutely no lag in PvP in WoW. If Shaman in WoW had to wait for 1 second between when they try to use their interrupt-shock and it actually going off NOBODY WOULD PLAY SHAMAN.

In summary, RESPONSIVENESS is the most important thing in PvP, and SWTOR is very UNresponsive in PvP, thus breaking the game's PvP content.

As someone who has reached the top echelon of the arena brackets in WoW by using careful timing and being quicker to respond than my opponents, I find that SWTOR is incapable of allowing truly great players to shine in PvP.

Right now I prefer playing LoL over SWTOR for my PvP fix, and that's sad, considering LoL is a 4-button noob game. Unsub now, like i already did, if your PvP experience is important to you. Don't hesitate, just do it.

Are you able to post your specs with speccy? : http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It would be nice to see what type of hardware/services you have running.