Sentinel: Rotations,cool-downs,dps and leveling advice.

Lancerx

I would rather not have to rely on an Add-on for maintaining DoTs. I'd rather see the DoTs themselves become easier to see in combat situations. Then there's no need for managing an add-on and waiting for it to get updated after a patch, or QQ about how it's to blame for fail.

The targets are supposed to be ON FIRE... an animation for flames on the targets would be great. To visually show how many stacks of DoTs there are, use colors. Red/orange/blue would be fine.. the more DoTs the hotter the flames. Could also go green/blue/purple if they wanted to set them apart from the flamethrower effect. That would make them more apparent that they are a Force power, and would tie into the 'Purple>Blue>Green' theme, not to mention that they are all lightsaber colors.

Pommel Strike and Opportune Strike:

Aside from using them on normal mobs, these two abilities are just too hard to trigger.....

and due to the in-ability to have customized keyboard layout "saved", they are hardly use in pvp as well even when opportunity arise.

Sentinels are great in PvE and a total disaster in PvP

I have no problem in PvE killing mobs, champions, bosses, whatever, i do it so fast i dont even bother using rebuke or stasis or master strike, all that works ok because you sentinel can be close to your target, your target is basically moving slowly or not moving and you can just keep hitting and hitting

The issue is in PvP where you have to be close and personal and that doesnt happen, your target is constantly on the move, you cant use many of the sentinels abilities cause your targets are not inmobilized, stopped or the graphic dinamics just dont work or they do it twice, you cant do a simple rotation because your target will move away and you will start loosing your focus fast

Seems like the instant abilities take 2 or 3 secs to be executed and when you in a PvP fight if you try a simple 4 ability rotation lets says, jump, overload, zelaous and merciless or cauterize you lost about 4 secs only trying to launch the attacks if you even made it that far and then thats before you start getting stunned so the only thing you have left is running under cover

The slow moving graphics, for instance Zelaous strike takes forever to launch, its ok for mobs but for PvP its almost imposible to launch so there goes 6 focus, merciles slash, hell even the normal slash is a slow moving ability, again takes forever to launch, etc, etc, etc

Cauterize takes about 1.5 secs from the moment you hit the button to the moment it finishes, by that time your target can move 5 meters or 10 and be out of range so fast you end uo standing there in the middle of nothing

I have no problem playing PvE with Sentinels, i love how you go trough everyone and everything but in PvP is a total waste unless bioware finds the way to accelerate the dinamics of the graphics and how they interract with each other

The activation lag you're perceiving in PvP can also be attributed to ability queuing.

In PvE, particularly on Boss fights, long ability queues are helpful for making sure abilities fire off immediately one after another to maximize sustained DPS. In PvP, however, your targets are not going to just stand there getting hit. Additionally, the flow of combat is unpredictable, particularly with people trying to strafe-circle you and other such attempts to mess with your targeting.

If you're experiencing this problem I highly recommend trying PvP with a minimal (or no) ability queue.