Ability Casting Orders

Mattricks

Was wondering what people do for orders of casting abilities. Do you force leap in and try and build focus real fast with sundering strike? Do you focus more on damage? Etc...just want to hear how people are using their abilities and how to better use the ones I have. Edited by Mattricks

Was wondering what people do for orders of casting abilities. Do you force leap in and try and build focus real fast with sundering strike? Do you focus more on damage? Etc...just want to hear how people are using their abilities and how to better use the ones I have.

You mean rotations? From my experience, Knight is more priority-based than rotation-based. This site offers some insight on that.

Edited by Helig

One of the reasons it's "priority" instead of "rotation" is that you need to pop Riposte whenever it comes up.

However, I think it's possible to talk about basic rotations, especially for earlier levels. For example, below level 20 it might go something like this:

• Force Leap
  • Force Sweep
  • Blade Storm
  • Sundering Strike
  • Master Strike
  • Sundering Strike
  • Slash

The Sweep comes in early to give you the Dust Storm buff. Depending on circumstances you could drop it out. Your Blade Storm is probably free, though - might as well use it.

At higher levels you'll have better things to do than Master Strike.

One of the reasons it's "priority" instead of "rotation" is that you need to pop Riposte whenever it comes up.

More importantly it's because we have to build up our resources actively. You have to use abilities like Strike, Sundering Strike, and Force Leap to get Focus in order to use most of your other abilities. Soresu will passively build up Focus but at a pretty slow rate. Also, depending on talents, you might generate Focus in response to things like CC so it's unpredictable. You pretty much have to react to situations as they occur, a rotation is practically impossible. I think it keeps the class from being boring, personally. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.