Thana Vesh as a companion

lowflyingmeat

Signed/

I'm not sure how it would work if she becomes a companion, but I hope she at least makes more appearances in the game.

Here back round has something about her parents die when she was a kid in a fire she started and that traumatized her, so their is potential plot development their and companion quest material.

Side note her being crazy is not an excuses for her not to be a companion because dark side Jaesa is way crazier.

Signed/

I'm not sure how it would work if she becomes a companion, but I hope she at least makes more appearances in the game.

Here back round has something about her parents die when she was a kid in a fire she started and that traumatized her, so their is potential plot development their and companion quest material.

Side note her being crazy is not an excuses for her not to be a companion because dark side Jaesa is way crazier.

I can see it all in my minds eye:

Thana: "Thats it! I've had enough of your meddling! Draw your lightsabre! Rarrrrgh!"

Me: "If that is what you wish..."

*fight*

Thana: "*pant pant* I can't believe it! I... I.. Lost.."

Me: "You have some skill, but your rage is unfocused. It controls you, not the other way around. You must learn to channel your anger better. Join me, and I will teach you true power."

Thana: "I .. guess I need to. I accept"

Me: ....

Thana: "...My lord."

Even if we wont get her as companion, or can have romance with her, she still merits more screen-time.

What do you mean? I love having a barbie cheerleader ex-jedi to tell me how wrong I am all the time...

But why does she obey you unquestioningly all the time?? If she believes what you are doing is wrong, why doesnt she pick up the lightsabres and try to strike you down?

Personally I want to get rid of her 'romance' now after trying it, as its not what I expected, but there doesnt seem to be any way except simply not talk to her..

Edited by Karkais

i agree, i let his live because i was a light side sith, but i was really hoping that something more would happen with her, i think all you get from her after is a mail with some credits, that kinda sucked and having a melee DPS companion who isnt jaesa would be nice, since as a juggurnaut tank i felt like i had to choose between jaesa and vette and i didnt really like either of their stories/ personalities.

/signed

Edited by LegionofSith

I can see it all in my minds eye:

Thana: "Thats it! I've had enough of your meddling! Draw your lightsabre! Rarrrrgh!"

Me: "If that is what you wish..."

*fight*

Thana: "*pant pant* I can't believe it! I... I.. Lost.."

Me: "You have some skill, but your rage is unfocused. It controls you, not the other way around. You must learn to channel your anger better. Join me, and I will teach you true power."

Thana: "I .. guess I need to. I accept"

Me: ....

Thana: "...My lord."

Even if we wont get her as companion, or can have romance with her, she still merits more screen-time. .

Precisely how I see things. We think alike on this subject.

The fact we constantly succeeded where she failed should have opened her eyes, if there were not so much arrogance in her character. She needs to be tamed.

I loved hating her, she kept me going from quest to quest trying to find out if I give her the lightsaber or the meatsaber in the end. She's definitely the most memorable non-major NPC I've seen yet. Although I liked the old black dude in the sewers on Republic side who was in love with the robots, he had a very relaxing voice.

The only companions I liked in this game were Vette and Blizz. The others were either boring, or annoying (especially Quinn and the robot).

A shame you can't romance Thana Vesh.

corso riggs on smuggler takes the cake for annoying robot is annoying but i can deal with

/signed

I found Thana made up for that whole planet and the disappointment that has been Ashara (Mains a Sith Inq). Hell that whole mission set has been more entertaining than the whole Sith Inq story for Chapter 2.

Asharas convos are in-depth and so is her character.. The problem is that she doesnt feel at all dark side. Its like youre having philosophical debates with her about the merits of light and dark sides. Like she is a student doing her .. whatever that work is called in english.. and youre the professor overseeing her.

I say FORCE LIGHTNING If I cant take a more proactive role in guiding her.. The player character is ridiculously inactive in the convos and basically just waits to hear what she comes up with.

These kind of philosophical debates would suit light side 10000000 x better.

Edited by Karkais

I don't see her becoming a Companion due to that old chestnut of "We won't let you kill Companions because people will rage they don't get them anymore". I could however forsee her making a few more appearances further down the line of the 'Planet main quests' provided you spared her, but a full on Companion won't happen.

Same with (Trooper spoilers):

Sergeant Jaxo.

Edited by WhoDaresWins

Frankly, I can't stand Thana. She's an arrogant thug. *points at the OP* I've never had her agree with anything I say. She always whines or calls me names, or acts like a teenage girl trying to be tough.

She frankly makes the dark side look bad. She's all about killing and mayhem. No subtletly, no class, no thinking beyond the moment's killing. Just violence, murder and destruction. It's just bad and one-dimensional.

Myself, I frankly kept going "oh, come on" at the screen when she kept being allowed to walk away after insulting me, telling the Republic on me to try to get me killed, and generally acting like a teenage wannabe gangasta thug. By now, thanks to her insulting, horrible, destructive manner, my character would have stabbed her through the gut with a lightsaber long ago.

I keep waiting for the opportunity to kill her. I don't care if it gives me tons of darkside points. I look forward to it. It'll be doing the dark side, the light side, and all of Taris AND the galaxy a huge favour.

Frankly, I can't stand Thana. She's an arrogant thug. *points at the OP* I've never had her agree with anything I say. She always whines or calls me names, or acts like a teenage girl trying to be tough.

She frankly makes the dark side look bad. She's all about killing and mayhem. No subtletly, no class, no thinking beyond the moment's killing. Just violence, murder and destruction. It's just bad and one-dimensional.

Myself, I frankly kept going "oh, come on" at the screen when she kept being allowed to walk away after insulting me, telling the Republic on me to try to get me killed, and generally acting like a teenage wannabe gangasta thug. By now, thanks to her insulting, horrible, destructive manner, my character would have stabbed her through the gut with a lightsaber long ago.

I keep waiting for the opportunity to kill her. I don't care if it gives me tons of darkside points. I look forward to it. It'll be doing the dark side, the light side, and all of Taris AND the galaxy a huge favour.

This.

I relished killing her on Taris.

Even with the hate some people have for her I'd rather have her than Ashara god she annoys me. If people killed her that's fine give them someone else but I want at least one companion for the Sith Inq that either amuses me or is interesting, so far that is lacking.

The ending of Thana Vesh's story arc was a big disappointment on what was the most interesting romance in the entire game. I like that she plays hard to get and is a confident woman and not some shy meek girl or ugly cougar like most of the options. You get invested into it with the constant flirting and then are left with "kill her" or "let thana go".. very anticlimactic if you don't choose to kill her and some people like her others hate her, why only reward those who hate her?

She should be fully romancable at least but it would be nice to have her as a "hidden" companion.

Is it just me, or she has more Flirt options then... well anyone?

And the worst part she is basically do not mind "to celebrate" on your ship, but then the refugees ahip appears (damn you, refugees, damn you to hell :D) and that's all.

(I personally killed her, since my neutral Sith can't stand her (or anyone's for that matter) "kill-kill-bathe in blood" attitude and thinks that Empire is better off without such members )

But yes, she would make an excellent companion.

So /sighed

Edited by Gelious

I agree - we should be able to have a small choice in maybe ones et of companions. So for example with a smuggler when you get to Lightspring with 1 sitha dn 1 jedi woman fighting over you that you can choose one or the other and the one you dont kill becomes your companion (and you can get rid of that annoying twit Corso). Something along the lines of one companion choice for each class would be great with whole different trajectories revolving around a dark side or light side companion choice.

Is it just me, or she has more Flirt options then... well anyone?

And the worst part she is basically do not mind "to celebrate" on your ship, but then the refugees ahip appears (damn you, refugees, damn you to hell :D) and that's all.

(I personally killed her, since my neutral Sith can't stand her (or anyone's for that matter) "kill-kill-bathe in blood" attitude and thinks that Empire is better off without such members )

But yes, she would make an excellent companion.

So /sighed

Indeed. I was disappointed that she did not come to my ship... Next expansion, make it happen Bioware.

/signed

The only character in this game whom I wouldn't kill, thus giving me the only light-side points I've ever earned. Which pissed me of by the way, just because I didn't kill her doesn't mean I should get light-side points. We're both Sith, there's nothing good in two Sith teaming up to kill innocent civilians, the Jedi, and countless republic soldiers.