Regarding Hood and Robes for Marauders

Zolstorm

Is it bad if I say I love the look of the fifty PVP armor?

No, Not at all, we would just like some other hoods while leveling up because there are None, do we really need to start posting rage threads just to get BW attention on the matter? There is a +36 thread on the subject yet no indication that the devs have ever looked at it.

It's just Hoods, it shouldn't be so hard, and I'd rather have it without rage threads, not that im so mad I'd post one, but just to get their attention some of us might have to sacrifice ourselves and get a temporary Ban just for them to acknowledged the issue.

but sith sacrifice others, not ourselves :p

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Not at all, we would just like some other hoods while leveling up because there are None, do we really need to start posting rage threads just to get BW attention on the matter? There is a +36 thread on the subject yet no indication that the devs have ever looked at it.

It's just Hoods, it shouldn't be so hard, and I'd rather have it without rage threads, not that im so mad I'd post one, but just to get their attention some of us might have to sacrifice ourselves and get a temporary Ban just for them to acknowledged the issue.

but sith sacrifice others, not ourselves :p

with all the massive issues with this **** class you are worried about hoods....

with all the massive issues with this **** class you are worried about hoods....

because the art team and the class designers are the same....right? we can all voice our concerns about class mechanics and art direction at the same time....it's not like one cancels the other out in importance.;)

This is one area where TOR is TOO MUCH like WoW. The armor. End sets look very derpy, very goofy. Extremely impractical. And the opposite of StarWars, jedi and sith both are very reserved in their outfits, mostly robes. I understand you want to have epic gear later in the game, but these sets are ridiculous.

You look like Sauron!

Actually, if only we looked like sauron, towering black metal, that would be frigging awesome for final set, the problem is, we don't.

We got a Red/Grey hood, and shoulders that look like a badly made cosplay, hell, we got a frikking spine sticking out, it doesn't look menacing, it just looks silly! I can understand that they were going for a "war mode" looks for us in lategame gear, as this is not during a period where the Sith need to keep themselves undercover or hidden, but problem is that the gear we are given doesn't even quite work under those premises.

An example what does work are the sets ive seen Jedi guardians run around in, basically a combination of the normal robes with armoured plating underneath, like a robe over what Obi-wan was wearing during the clone wars and I kinda like that look, it goes for a more war-feel while keeping it familiar, and likewise the warriors in the CGI trailers look absolutely awesome, however for some reason, that very look is not available to us, and I think the designers simply went over the top when if fact they could easily have gotten away with a more simplistic look.

Right now our gear progression starts with a normal suit, then add in the cloak and increase from there, moving up to imperial guard look, but problem is, those are GUARDS and the only thing I have not seen them use are dual lightsabers! So it makes no sense whatsoever, not to mention the imperial guard is made up of people who aren't force wielders.

Want a progression for the marauder? Here, i'll cook one up with 30 seconds of thought:

Training outfit

Simple robe and hood

Robe and hood with armour under it

Final extreme "all out war" stage, maybe then shed the armour but have us look big, black, and unstoppable, and still keep the cape!

There, easily done, so I really wonder why they insist on having us run around in outfits that look waaay too busy and colourfull, I just hope that they are reading this and that the next set of gear we will get will try to make us look like, you know, sith.

/agree

I'm with you so much, OP.

Your Sentinel looks more like a Sith than a real sith!!! WTH?!

Those robes would look perfectly appropriate on my marauder. But he can't ever get them. They don't drop on empire side and even if I get them somehow, they turn into empire robes with I put them on.

This is a huge problem. I would love to hear an official response.

The Sith Warrior progression video that they released leading up to the game release simply lied about the class. They should have called it the Juggernaut progression video.

For some reason, they decided the Sith Marauder should look like the Emperor's Guard. Even though Emperor's Guard are not sith. And do not use 2 lightsabers. And Emperor's Guard sound like Juggernauts more like Marauders. And the armor looks like heavy armor more than medium. And what the Juggernauts looks like medium instead of heavy.

Ugggh. :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by miliways

Which mode does it drop in ... off what boss?

Or is it a genral zone drop? IN other games I'd just look up ... unfortunately in this game, there isn't alot of details out there yet ... about all i can find is the item .... nothing about the details of aquiring it.

Edited by Deurg

Jesus i'm getting tired of telling you all

XENOTECH WEAPONMASTER'S VEST

Medium Armor. Red version of the Primeval Paragon's chest from corellia. Hood is up. It drops in Kaon.

Get farming.

This has the exact same design as all the other weaponmaster vests (energized/tionese/columi/rakata). The only difference is the color.

And as with the others, hood is up if you hide your head slot item, down/nonexistent if you show it. No cape, no robe.

E: It seems that I was wrong. My bad.

Edited by prozaceighttwo

Jesus i'm getting tired of telling you all

XENOTECH WEAPONMASTER'S VEST

Medium Armor. Red version of the Primeval Paragon's chest from corellia. Hood is up. It drops in Kaon.

Get farming.

ONE DROP is hardly sufficient. That said, I'm running Kaon over and over right now.

So just got the Xentoch Weaponmaster's Chest from Karagga.... must say I am quite pleased with it. =]

http://tinypic.com/r/2uiufr4/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2csi5mt/5

Are you really a marauder? I don't see a second lightsabre. I really hope

Your not just some jugg trolling us...caUse that is exactly the look everyone is after.

Typed from iPhone ... On screen keyboard may yield strange results.

Edited by Deurg

Are you really a marauder? I don't see a second lightsabre. I really hope

Your not just some jugg trolling us...caUse that is exactly the look everyone is after.

Typed from iPhone ... On screen keyboard may yield strange results.

Look at the second screenshot dude, he's got his sabers out in that one.

And he's not trolling, i've seen other Maras on my server that have it.

Look at the second screenshot dude, he's got his sabers out in that one.

And he's not trolling, i've seen other Maras on my server that have it.

Yea lol.... second pic has my other lightsaber out. And if you still don't believe it I will be glad to take some ss of my UI, char screen and such. :)

Yea lol.... second pic has my other lightsaber out. And if you still don't believe it I will be glad to take some ss of my UI, char screen and such. :)

However, I have bad news everyone. This thing drops in Kaon HM, but it's STUPID rare there. Apparently it's actually rather common if you go through Karagga's.

Which blows, considering that my Columi smokes it in terms of stats.

However, I have bad news everyone. This thing drops in Kaon HM, but it's STUPID rare there. Apparently it's actually rather common if you go through Karagga's.

Which blows, considering that my Columi smokes it in terms of stats.

Yea I got it from Karagga last night on our first time downing him... never seen it in Kaon as of yet. As far as stats.... have yet to get the Columi chest from Sao or False Emperor. I ripped the mod/enhancements from my Champion chest and stuck them in this. It's actually quite decent now. So to compare Columi to the one I have (with level 56 mods in it from Champion piece):

Columi -

93 strength

116 endurance

53 power

48 accuracy

Xenotech (w/ Champion mod/enhancement) -

85 strength

108 endurance

53 power

48 accuracy

It is now only SLIGHTLY worse than Columi and a major upgrade over Tionese and even Champion. If you are lucky enough to get this Xenotech piece and have the Champion one I highly recommend doing this until you can get your Columi chest.

While it is nice we have something that's not utterly horrible which has a hood we NEED more. I personally am going with a black and silver look and wish we could get one of the ones that Juggs get from the higher level Comm vendor instead of being forced to wear IA gear. One thing I've noticed is that there are a few comm vendors who have two of the same armor item with just a different name (along with no dark/light side mara gear) which makes me think there was an oversight somewhere.

While it is nice we have something that's not utterly horrible which has a hood we NEED more. I personally am going with a black and silver look and wish we could get one of the ones that Juggs get from the higher level Comm vendor instead of being forced to wear IA gear. One thing I've noticed is that there are a few comm vendors who have two of the same armor item with just a different name (along with no dark/light side mara gear) which makes me think there was an oversight somewhere.

What's really ironic is that Juggs can juste spend 200 pvp tokens at lv 40 and get it...

they also can get the so-called marauder's robes from Black Talon's look as heavy armor...

BUT WE HAVE TO FREAKING RAID TO GET SOMETHING DECENT ? Is this some sick, bad joke BIOWARE ?

What's really ironic is that Juggs can juste spend 200 pvp tokens at lv 40 and get it...

they also can get the so-called marauder's robes from Black Talon's look as heavy armor...

BUT WE HAVE TO FREAKING RAID TO GET SOMETHING DECENT ? Is this some sick, bad joke BIOWARE ?

Yeah. I wouldn't have half as much a problem with everything if Juggernauts didn't get access to EVERYTHING. All the looks we get, they get too, but they get much, much more than we do. So it isn't just an issue of "these are exclusive".

I think that Marauder got kinda neglected. We're definitely still a viable class, and playable and everything,

But its like in WoW where the Shaman Class Quest line was just left un-finished. They just left it there. And since Shaman was one of the less played classes, they moved on to more important things that effected everybody. Yay!

Edited by miliways

What game are you playing ? Marauder lvl 50 champion gear is hands down the best looking armor ingame. The PvE set were designed by a handicap kid right after they saw Optimus Prime blown up in transformers. Worst armor I've ever seen and I played WOW.

Wow, and I actually like the end-game pve gear for a marauder.

• 5 months later...

This is supposed to drop commonly from karagga, but in the 10 times i have run it I have yet to see it drop.

BW you need to either release some new vests for medium in this style or make the xenotech weaponmasters vest BoE not BoP. :mad:

Trying to keep my cool cause I really want a certain look, but with 1.4 if you release new armors and they make me look like a demonic vader wanna-be or a redneck stepchild of optimus prime. Then thank god this game is going to F2P.:confused: