Is there a SWTOR equivalent to MaxDPS, RAWR, etc?

murrdogg

This game doesn't even have a combat log. Anyone who's ever done more than copy and paste the most popular spec from the forums knows that this is pretty much unprecedented in an MMORPG. It makes you wonder if the devs really have any idea what an MMORPG is all about.

This.

No meters, no combat log.

Just guess, that's the mantra of this forum.

This game doesn't even have a combat log. Anyone who's ever done more than copy and paste the most popular spec from the forums knows that this is pretty much unprecedented in an MMORPG. It makes you wonder if the devs really have any idea what an MMORPG is all about.

Yes, we should rename the genre Massively Metered Online DPS Game.

:rolleyes:

It makes you wonder if the new generation of players have forgotten about the letters R, P, and G. All they seem to care about are prple lewtz and numbers flying by their screen.

Edited by Thradar

It makes you wonder if the new generation of players have forgotten about the letters R, P, and G. All they seem to care about are prple lewtz and numbers flying by their screen.

Do you know what they call RPG's without numbers? Storytelling excercises. Stop pretending that RPG's have ever been about anything other then numbers.

Yeah um... math, statistics, and probability are essentially the most important things to understand to play any RPG ever created. You see all those choices you make every level when you spend your talent point? Every single one is a math problem and every single one is impossible to answer because the game is missing fundamental MMORPG components.

If you want to play a game where the combat and spec/gear choice decisions don't come down to matter of mathematical efficiency you'll need to find a game that isn't a WoW clone where dying means nothing and you have no worries in the world outside "wiping" on a boss.

Edited by morbidillusion

Sorry to burst your bubble, but RPGs have almost always been about quantifiable stats mixed with a background story ever since the days of DnD. I can remember looking into what would give my assassin the most bang for my buck.

Yeah! Remember REAL RPGs like D+D, where there weren't any numbers at all!?

Wait a second, I think I didn't do something right here...

EDIT: Also, things like RAWR and MaxDPS had nothing to do with combat logs. You did not need a combat log to use them. Not sure how we got here.

Edited by Excedrin

• 6 months later...
well i hope there's an equivalent to maxdps soon...I really liked hitting that site when i played wow & seeing what upgrades were where...game me a mission in order to acquire better gear.

.... why would you do this? :confused:

HERE ... now stop necro'ing!

Edited by MasterKayote