A plea for the Mercenary play style

voigt

First, I have played mostly Arsenal and Bodyguard in pvp at 50. I tried Pyrotech but the damage over time mechanic with sporadic railshots didn't seem very effective.

I know the general consensus is that Mercenaries are Tracer Missile spam bots but we are just using the tools we have been given. I cant make my other abilities do more damage though that is the point of this thread to see some change.

I would like to see abilities other than Tracer Missile brought into line as viable options for combat. I am bored out of my mind with the rotation. This is how it is currently for Arsenal:

Unload

Tracer 1

Tracer 2

Tracer 3

Heat Seekers

Tracer 4

Tracer 5

Rail shot (with 25% bonus from tracer stacks)

Depending on unload procs fit another in there and keep unload and heat seekers on cooldown.

Why do I even have two blasters when the majority of my attacks don't even use them? I would like to see more blaster based attacks and less missile. Why do we have two blasters when the offhand blaster only adds 30% of its damage? Why not add talents to increase our offhand blaster damage and improve / add more blaster based attacks.

Honestly I don't want to use tracer missile its just what I have available.

I switched from arsenal to bodyguard b/c of this. The rotation is just so boring I couldnt take it. I like getting HS but i thought it was a little weak for our big/end of the spec tree skill. I think they should tweek a couple skills to allow more movement. When you think of a BH i dont think of someone standing still waiting to stack up tracer missles. Shooting on the move i think should have been a goal but they did the opposite.

Arsenal spec feels like playing a mage, cast fireball (tracer missile) over and over until you channel your magic missile (unload) then randomly get an instant follow up spell (rail shot, heatseekers).

I would prefer more mobility as well and using the two pistols I have.

First, I have played mostly Arsenal and Bodyguard in pvp at 50. I tried Pyrotech but the damage over time mechanic with sporadic railshots didn't seem very effective.

I know the general consensus is that Mercenaries are Tracer Missile spam bots but we are just using the tools we have been given. I cant make my other abilities do more damage though that is the point of this thread to see some change.

I would like to see abilities other than Tracer Missile brought into line as viable options for combat. I am bored out of my mind with the rotation. This is how it is currently for Arsenal:

Unload

Tracer 1

Tracer 2

Tracer 3

Heat Seekers

Tracer 4

Tracer 5

Rail shot (with 25% bonus from tracer stacks)

Depending on unload procs fit another in there and keep unload and heat seekers on cooldown.

Why do I even have two blasters when the majority of my attacks don't even use them? I would like to see more blaster based attacks and less missile. Why do we have two blasters when the offhand blaster only adds 30% of its damage? Why not add talents to increase our offhand blaster damage and improve / add more blaster based attacks.

Honestly I don't want to use tracer missile its just what I have available.

Respec to Pyro ... I use my blasters all the time.

Pyro does crap damage doesn't matter how much "fun" it is. Would be like saying frost mage is fun in wow I will raid as that but you are gimping the raid.

pyro does less dmg? have you played an effective pyro build yet?

i recently switched from arsenal to pyro. so instead of having to single target mobs, i can dot up the entire group with sweeping plasters. at 36 thats 400+ dmg per target, and i still have my dfa and aoe missles(which is usually on a target already). once in a pve rotation my heat doesnt go anywhere near what it did with arsenal.

...not to mention the number of rail shots i can potentially set off. rng maybe rng, but it's still in my favor after spec, which last night procced after almost every unload/shot that i used.

its more raid viable then arsenal in all honesty. my dps is sustained while doing the boss dance or using los to prevent some dmg, and arsenal is searching for the time to go turret mode.

atm pyro is underated and frustrating to learn after using arsenal for so long. once you get in the swing though, you're good. except for that part where you miss the push on rocket punch...but whetevs

I doubt Pyro will ever be as good for sustained DPS as Arsenal. If the streams that were up before launch are any indication then there aren't really any bosses in the game that require ranged DPS to reposition themselves enough for it to make a big impact.