The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1000 Warzone comm cap is destroying the warzones

caultonpos

There is no incentive for those under 50 to win at the warzones, fairly quickly you reach your one champion bag, merc commendation and warzone commendation cap - after that you are just levelling up - no need to even earn medals. The game gets so unbalanced with the 50s that people just give up - sometimes us, sometimes them. There is nothing to earn.

Don't even get me started with nothing at all to earn for open world pvp.

The cap on those commendations baffles me, frankly. If they were harder to get it wouldn't be such a big deal, but I've maxed them out multiple times now, even after wasting a ton of tokens on lower level PvP gear before I understood that I should be saving them for 50.

You'd need something like 10000 commendations to have 1000 merc/1000 warzone plus a full set of blue PvP gear when you hit 50. Even if you don't plan on actually being useful when you hit level 50, you'd still need at least 4800 commendations to have a champion bag + 1000/1000. Since you're low level you probably won't be getting more than 80 a game (and probably a lot less), so that's 60 Warzones. Sure you can have more than that many matches before you hit 50 but if you PvP that much, buy some of the PvP gear since they're actually pretty useful for PvE anyway. If you buy the level 50 blue gear that greatly increases the number of commendations you need.

The cap on those commendations baffles me, frankly. If they were harder to get it wouldn't be such a big deal, but I've maxed them out multiple times now, even after wasting a ton of tokens on lower level PvP gear before I understood that I should be saving them for 50.

You cant save them tho thats the problem.

I learned my mistakes from past mmo's so I wanted to get the jump on this. So Started getting my merc comms immediately, and i saved up for my first champ bag fairly quickly. I wasnt dissappoint when I realized I couldnt open it till 50, I was dissappoint when i realized i can only carry one at a time...

QQ

You cant save them tho thats the problem.

I learned my mistakes from past mmo's so I wanted to get the jump on this. So Started getting my merc comms immediately, and i saved up for my first champ bag fairly quickly. I wasnt dissappoint when I realized I couldnt open it till 50, I was dissappoint when i realized i can only carry one at a time...

QQ

Why do you need to save them? Keep buying and opening champion bags until you have a full set of gear to look forward to when you hit 50.

Why do you need to save them? Keep buying and opening champion bags until you have a full set of gear to look forward to when you hit 50.

You cant - stupidly you can only buy one bag, and even if you put it in the cargo hold you cant buy another until you open it...

why do people post about things they doint have a clue about?

honest question, what propels you into such actions?

There is no way this is having the effect the OP describes.

You're talking about a players who:

1) Are not 50

2) Know how the endgame pvp reward system works

3) Have farmed up a champions bag, and 1000 warzone/merc commendations

4) Have nothing else to spend commendations on (which CAN'T be true for a leveler by the way)

5) Are the type of player who ONLY cares about rewards and not about the inherent fun of actually playing the game

So yeah...out of 1 million subs, it's probably the OP and a couple other guys.

all you guys should be buying tons and tons of potions with those extra comms, as many as you can possibly carry and that takes care of your problem. Once you do hit 50 all you will be doing is collecting comms to buy bags and wont be focusing on potions anymore so its good to collect them before you get there.

Trust me i didnt do this and i greatly regret it.

The level 50 pvp gear was removed.

I bought level 50 blue PvP gear in Drummond Kaas. Did those guys get removed too? They were never for sale in Imperial Fleet at least prior to the patch that said PvP vendors should have the correct item.

The only thing I can think of is to make Champion Bags that you purchase no longer unique. So you can buy lots and open them all as soon as you hit 50. Right now you can only buy 1 which I think is pretty dumb.

But other than that you can buy PvP gear for your companions. I did and it makes them amazing!

You did buy the 2 implants and ear piece right?

Those cost 200 mercs and 200 warzone comendations each.

If after expending that you aren't 50 yet, man your exp bar goes slower than others O.o

You mean except for the fact you can't buy the BM implants/ear until valor rank 60. So no, you can't buy them pre-50 anyhow. Also, you can't buy the BLUE lvl 50 pvp set anymore, they took that out of game as of yesterdays patch. So really there is almost no point reward wise to pvp past the 1000/1000 and one bag. For fun, yes. For heal stims, sure I guess. The system is somewhat borked atm with no real commendation dump.

PS: Yes, I know. Get to 50 and that solves it. Some of us like to do a fair bit of pvp pre-max level though :) Would have been nice if they LEFT the 50 blue pvp set in.

I bought level 50 blue PvP gear in Drummond Kaas. Did those guys get removed too? They were never for sale in Imperial Fleet at least prior to the patch that said PvP vendors should have the correct item.

Yeah, I don't remember those guys being removed. So I'm not sure why people are complaining anyhow. You can buy the level 50 blue stuff at anytime, I already have 4 pieces of it myself and I'm only now level 42. It seems thats part of the progression to me anyhow, so seeking to skip that stage completely automatically lumps you into the "must needz have gearz now, RIGHT NOW" category of instant gratification kiddies.

*edit* Wow. Guess they did remove them. Not sure what the logic behind that was other than to virtually make WZ commendations unspendable until 50.

I bought all the PvP lv 40 gear and still ended up with 1000/1000 commendations so I guess there's no reason to PvP till 50.

And this is the problem with PvPers on this game. Apparently it's not enough to do something simply because you like to do it and enjoy the time you spend doing it. No. Give me gear or it's not worth my time.

Edited by Celebrus

They really should bring back the blue set for level 50. That's what I used as my commendation dump and I had a full set waiting in the bank for the minute i dinged level 50.

Did they also remove the level 20 and level 40 sets? If not, perhaps those should become the pre-50 comm dump.

While leveling and PVPing, I got my:

1 Champion Bag

1000 Merc / 1000 Warzone Commendations

Then I started using the commendations for gear... I got full 40 PVP gear for myself and for all my companions... Then I hit level 40 and dressed up. :D

Then I continued to PVP - because it's fun.. and when I got close to 1000/1000 again, i just used my WZ commendations on Bags which provided me with gear and with PVP stims for Heals and Dmg boost.

When I hit 50 I had exactly 1000/1000 (yes a couple WZ commendations were lost but w/e) and geared my *** up with purples.

It's not that complicated to figure out a very good and useful way to spend your commendations before you hit 50.

So people want to level as PvP then pop 50 and immediately put on a full set of purple Champion gear that they have been stockpiling from buying tons of Champion's bags?

I do agree though that there needs to be a better commendation dump though, or they should make them harder to come by... or both.

And this is the problem with PvPers on this game. Apparently it's not enough to do something simply because you like to do it and enjoy the time you spend doing it. No. Give me gear or it's not worth my time.

It's a matter of efficiency. You can either be semi-gimp, accumulate 0 upgrades through additional PvP and have moderate fun or bite the bullet, level to 50, and then finally have the chance to gain upgrades while doing your prefered MMO activity.

Usually PvP is more enjoyable when you're geared enough to be useful to your team and not a burden. No matter how skilled you are, with decent gear you would be that much more useful to your allies. It would have been cool to at least be able to work towards that pre-50 but you can't with the unique 50 bag and comm cap.

While leveling and PVPing, I got my:

1 Champion Bag

1000 Merc / 1000 Warzone Commendations

Then I started using the commendations for gear... I got full 40 PVP gear for myself and for all my companions... Then I hit level 40 and dressed up. :D

Then I continued to PVP - because it's fun.. and when I got close to 1000/1000 again, i just used my WZ commendations on Bags which provided me with gear and with PVP stims for Heals and Dmg boost.

When I hit 50 I had exactly 1000/1000 (yes a couple WZ commendations were lost but w/e) and geared my *** up with purples.

It's not that complicated to figure out a very good and useful way to spend your commendations before you hit 50.

If you are using the terrible pvp stims for heals, you are doing it wrong. Medpacs are superior and give you one to two medals unlike pvp stims.

While you may be okay with it, I can certainly understand why people are frustrated. I, too, had a full set of 40 gear. I also had it for my companion. I had 1k of both tokens and a bag in the bank. I also purchased the entire level 50 set (which they just took out of the game). Sorry, but having 2 sets of pvp leveling gear and then end game gear is asinine. I understand if they don't' want level 20s grabbing level 50 end-game stuff, but level 45+ should be able to grab low end level 50 stuff. Level 30s should be able to get level 30 stuff. They should be able to actually get gear as they level.

Here's an idea, lets make all commendation vendors sell level 20 or level 40 items. The rest will require level 50 and be end-game. Mobs will never drop anything above a green. Quests won't either. There, I'm sure the PVE'ers will still enjoy it because "it is fun."