The Empire?

Brahseidon

The empire in TOR is the Sith Empire, the empire in episodes 1-6 movies was the galactic empire. Basically a completely different incarnation of sith rule, even though both essentially had Sith at the top.

Youd think that new governments form in thousands of years, yes?

In the movies both Sith and Jedi are very rare, almost extinct. At the time of old republic they are still pretty numerous.

Because the imperials are the space nazis of this game ;)

The tenets of Human High Culture were that Humans were the only truly intelligent and productive members of any society. Believers in this ideology pointed out that, it was almost exclusively Humans who had formed and led the Old Republic, and the Human worlds of the Core were some of the oldest, richest, and most advanced in the galaxy. The contributions of nonhumans were overlooked, with later Imperial propaganda spreading misinformation which claimed such ancient civilizations as the Columi and the Mon Calamari were insignificant, recent additions to the Galactic community.

So its pratically empire = human masterrace and republic = aliens and humans working together

Edited by Gereon

*chuckle*

After Star Wars came out while I was in university I twitched at the many races of the Star Wars milieu being able to eat, breathe, and drink the same things, much less intermarry like they do in the background to this game (cf. Sith "purebloods"). Same thing with Star Trek: The Original Series (excluding Horta, etc, of course!).

The only answer that made the biologist in me semi-happy was that someone had terraformed wide swaths of worlds and seeded them with proto-humans who gave rise to the later species, even the funny looking ones that still had bipedal bodies. I'm told that Star Trek: The Next Generation used the same answer (sorry, lost interest -- and left the states for a bit -- after the first season of TNG). Haven't read all the Star Wars "canon" books or played KOTOR (I may some day), so I don't know if they use the same idea. You can find similar "seeding" ideas throughout science fiction; I particularly like David Brin's Upflift Wars series.

Which certainly doesn't preclude the Human High Culture movement; we humans are GREAT at being racist for the silliest of things! >.<

But then it's silly to expect hard science fiction in a space opera setting; I'm just happy for a good heroquest-style (or antihero) story in the tradition of those studied by Joseph Campbell and the like.

For example, ignore Han Solo's Kessel Run comment (a parsec is a distance of 3.26 light years, not a unit of time); instead remember when he tells Leia "She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"? Our galaxy is a hundred thousand light years across and averages about a thousand light years thick... the Millenium Falcon would take tens of thousands of years to go across it, and years just to travel between stars out in the arms like ours. That's not terribly fast, nor does it match the way the movies treat travel. ;)

Edited by Poimandres

The Sith tried multiple times to conquer the Republis from the outside, and failed each time. After Darth Bane and the Rule of Two, they stopped trying. The genius of Sidious was realizing that the only way to defeat the Jedi and effectively conquer something as big as the Republic was to do it from within, to pervert the Republic and turn the galaxy against the Jedi.

*chuckle*

After Star Wars came out while I was in university I twitched at the many races of the Star Wars milieu being able to eat, breathe, and drink the same things, much less intermarry like they do in the background to this game (cf. Sith "purebloods"). Same thing with Star Trek: The Original Series (excluding Horta, etc, of course!).

The only answer that made the biologist in me semi-happy was that someone had terraformed wide swaths of worlds and seeded them with proto-humans who gave rise to the later species, even the funny looking ones that still had bipedal bodies. I'm told that Star Trek: The Next Generation used the same answer (sorry, lost interest -- and left the states for a bit -- after the first season of TNG). Haven't read all the Star Wars "canon" books or played KOTOR (I may some day), so I don't know if they use the same idea. You can find similar "seeding" ideas throughout science fiction; I particularly like David Brin's Upflift Wars series.

Which certainly doesn't preclude the Human High Culture movement; we humans are GREAT at being racist for the silliest of things! >.<

But then it's silly to expect hard science fiction in a space opera setting; I'm just happy for a good heroquest-style (or antihero) story in the tradition of those studied by Joseph Campbell and the like.

For example, ignore Han Solo's Kessel Run comment (a parsec is a distance of 3.26 light years, not a unit of time); instead remember when he tells Leia "She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself"? Our galaxy is a hundred thousand light years across and averages about a thousand light years thick... the Millenium Falcon would take tens of thousands of years to go across it, and years just to travel between stars out in the arms like ours. That's not terribly fast, nor does it match the way the movies treat travel. ;)

There have been allusions to similar precursor races in Star Wars. The Killiks and Rakata are a few, and both groups have referred to other opponents they faced in the era before the rise of a human/Chiss/Sith dominated galaxy, Abeloth (in the most recent EU series) being one presumably, as the Maw was built to imprison her/it.

So wait, where do races like the Zabrak and Rattataki or Twi'lek fit into this? By the Empire's logic aren't they "lesser" ?

Well, think of it this way.

You have 2 Sith classes, and Sith, no matter what race, are above non-force users...

Bounty Hunters are not affiliated technically with the Empire, just business partners,

Imperial Agents don't legally exist, so they can take whoever they need.

You don't see Zabrak or Twi'lek or Rattataki Imperial Officers or Soldiers right?

Edited by Guildrum