MVP's for not being a Consular/Inquisitor?

WhoDaresWins

I don't know if anybody else has had this. When I've ranked say... second or third in a Warzone and those above me are Inquisitors I usually (I play a Sniper) end up with the majority of MVPs going towards me, even though they may be higher on the board, have more damage, maybe even more heal- Hahaha, yeah I was joking on that last part.

Anyway, when I've asked a fair few people it seems this is because I play an Agent and they're not the biggest fans of seeing 'another' Inquisitor on the top of the board just because... well, they're everywhere.

Have you any experience with this?

People tend to give MVP's to whoever they notice helping them.

The other night in a Voidstar PUG people where going on about how awesome our healers were I kept all the top DPS'ers from dying they got immortal awards etc. I got out healed but was healing the people in most trouble. People simply didn't notice the Sage healer who was healing themself a lot.

At the end of the match I got all but one MVP.

If you CC or drop the guy about to drop your healer, your healer will probably vote you as MVP. If you are getting DPS'ed and some healer drags you back from the brink you will likely vote them MVP.

Edited by Gwal

I choose to believe it's because I actually earned my MvP.

I usually top objectives, which can lead to topping kills, in Alderaan. In Voidstar, I don't believe it actually awards you credit for...doing objectives, because I've blown all three doors and hit the console and gotten squat. Feel free to correct me/explain that one. Huttball is Scoundrel interference time, harassing the other team to distract them and dogging the carriers. That leads to lots of objective points.

I don't go out looking for MvP, I just get it fairly often. As above, if people notice you, you get the recognition; that's how I vote.

I got MvP once just because I routinely interrupted people and my team noticed that while I wasn't the kill master, my boot to Sith groins really did turn the tides.

I notice this trend alot, I play a shadow and as such when I play. I usually am top 2 dmg , kills, and Objective score. But my Jedi knight buddy usually gets more votes. I beileve its due to the AWFUL pvp armor they get.

People tend to give MVP's to whoever they notice helping them.

The other night in a Voidstar PUG people where going on about how awesome our healers were I kept all the top DPS'ers from dying they got immortal awards etc. I got out healed but was healing the people in most trouble. People simply didn't notice the Sage healer who was healing themself a lot.

At the end of the match I got all but one MVP.

If you CC or drop the guy about to drop your healer, your healer will probably vote you as MVP. If you are getting DPS'ed and some healer drags you back from the brink you will likely vote them MVP.

Sages have to self heal because imps are mostly well organised. Read in to that what you will

It's all about notice, in any match where i'm ops leader i issue directions and co-ordinate attacks, call out incs, provide support, and end up with loads of mvps even in matches where i don't do well.

In huttball i steamroll enemy ball carriers with a menagerie of cc's pulls and knockbacks and clever use of obstacles and the maps layout, i'm more often than not mass mind controlling enemy teams on our carrier, using guard to soak up damage myself and i'm almost always sprinting ahead to receive the ball from the ramp to score points, yet it's always the healer (if any) that will receive the mvp's regardless of how many points i score/ protection i use / ball carriers i kill.

Yea Ive had most damage, healing, objective and medals and got zero MVP votes, fairly often.

This.

The whole thing is just asinine. Half the people don't vote at all. The other half picks an arbitrary value - most damage, most medals, etc. And the rest just vote for their friends.