Cybertech ... who need it ?

Nafer

It basicly means that any crafting profession is useless as the goods the produce are outshined by rather easy to acquire vendor goods. This is true throughout the entire leveling experience aswell.

Unless you really are determined to go hardcore and get those top recipes, which most people will not you are better off without a profession. Except Biochem, which is the only profession that is worthwhile and therefor the clear profession that really everyone should get if they want to improve their character through crewskills.

Not to mention this ripples through to the gathering materials aswell. As the crafting market colapses so does the gathering market. And ultimately for a large part the player-driven economy. As if the overly expensive training costs arent enough to get people to pinch their credits. The prospect of a better and cheaper version of an item is just a dead blow.

Except that there are schematics that can be picked up that are comparable to top raiding gear and highest level pvp gear. Jes cause the trainer doesnt give them to you, doesnt mean they dont exist.

Like what? Are any of these on torhead or some other site?

Besides what people have listed, I'm annoyed that the droid parts are useless. I'd love to build a fun combat droid to replace my ship's butler, but no such luck.

-Jeff

Of course they are... they each do like 2k damage. Can you imagine being to chain those?

share a 60s cooldown or something, with a 5min cooldown on the individual grenade if you must. But it's pointless to have so many options for the grenades when they have such a long shared cooldown.

From what I have noticed, Artifact grade Mods and Armoring (from RE'ing) seem to be better than what is available on Vendors (though I Haven't checked PvP vendors). Especially for anyone under level 50.

For example, a Advanced Skill Armoring 10 is much better than any Skill Armoring 10 out there, Premium or Prototype, that you can buy on a vendor. They take tough-to-get Kryat scales, but every time I put one of these on a Vendor, they sell within minutes for 3-5k (which gets me a decent profit).

I am not sure about Advanced/Artifact grade lvl 50 Mods versus PvP vendor Mods....but, even so, its still going to easier and more convenient for some/most folks to just buy the mod from a crafter off GTN than to have to earn them through commendations.

There is a market, it just isn't "easy".

Guys, this is the first push of a brand new game. There are schematics out there better than what the vendor offers. Also, moving forward the vendor won't offer items that are so powerful. Right now they are creating a base-line as their entire community starts the game.

Crafting has a certain drop rate, which in many cases is low, and as such is too rare and under-used by max level players at this point to support the gearing required for hardmode OPS.

If the vendors weren't selling that high level gear do you think that you or many of your friends would be geared for hardmodes? As more people start crafting more seriously and the few rare schematics begin to trickle out into populations, so that you can realistically find them in a reasonable amount of time, the vendor gear will begin to fall behind.

Of course this is with content patches etc.

TL->DR: New game is new, all the parts take time to balance out.

2k dmg every 5 minutes hmmmm....

That's a whooping 6.66 DPS boost over doing nothing.

Oh my gosh!

It also CCs and is AOE, and can crit. I haven't used these much but it seems pretty solid to me. Maybe a slight cooldown reduction but certainly no more than by 2 minutes max.

I am not sure about Advanced/Artifact grade lvl 50 Mods versus PvP vendor Mods....but, even so, its still going to easier and more convenient for some/most folks to just buy the mod from a crafter off GTN than to have to earn them through commendations.

There is a market, it just isn't "easy".

You can get Advanced Rank 23 armoring, barrel, hilts from Belsavis dailies, you can get 2 a day in under an hour. The best crafted one you can get (barring possible dropped schematics I haven't seen as a cybertech) is Advanced Rank 22.

I stopped bothering to try and get purple REs for armoring mods when I saw this. I'll work on Mods, since I haven't found an easy way to get those.

It also CCs and is AOE, and can crit. I haven't used these much but it seems pretty solid to me. Maybe a slight cooldown reduction but certainly no more than by 2 minutes max.

I have no problem with them having a long-ish cooldown. I have no problem with them having some sort of shared cooldown as well so that you can't just spam 8 grenades in a row.

I just think that having them share a full five minute cooldown is unnecessary. Make it a 5 min cooldown, with a shared 90s cooldown or something between grenades. At least then you have a reason to make 3-4 of them.

Edited by trotsky_tor

TS here XD

1- Grenades for epick and best one needet "bop" item from Operations and hard modes, this item need all crafter too craft lvl 50 epicks ( 7 for 1 nice twobladed sword ). And for 1 Grenades need 1 .... any 1 wona throw 7 Grenades ? or better make some epick ?

2 - Earpieces onli green... didnt seen any chematiks for blue for any lvl.

3- SPEEDER !!!!! i think all seen 2nd speeder ? nice one ( not like other speed for this lvl ). And who seen for 50 lvl ? Sad byt i craft it... and its same as for 40 lvl but RED ! **** i spendet lots of mats ( near 200k in IGM ) for this sheet... Atm using speeder from dark side vendor :(

PS

video with speeder.

3- SPEEDER !!!!! i think all seen 2nd speeder ? nice one ( not like other speed for this lvl ). And who seen for 50 lvl ? Sad byt i craft it... and its same as for 40 lvl but RED ! **** i spendet lots of mats ( near 200k in IGM ) for this sheet... Atm using speeder from dark side vendor :(

PS

video with speeder.

Thanks for the link, now i won't waste my money on this o.0