Creds

tarnakk

SO I seem to be haveing an issue bringing in the creds. What is everyone doing to help bring in credits. The quest rewards and drops are barely covering my repair bills and olnly one skil out of maybe 2-3 levels. Any advice would be helpfull.

My main is constantly broke! I hate it! I'm level 32 and only had 400 credits to my name the other day. :(

I'm now Slicing/Scavenging/Archaeology, since you can scan things as you go, for a little more (although at the moment, I'm having to build them up, so they are low at the moment).

I also have been trying to get Planet Commendations as rewards, to buy mods/armour/barrels at the end of each planet. It's just a pity you can't turn any out standing coms into creds.

As a spoiler to Act 1 of Smuggler :

I found Noks 'fortune', which was 3,000 credits! 3K!!!! That's not a fortune, it's not even an up grade on one of my skill from a trainer!!! I was hoping for like 1 mill! But no, it's pathetic!

Are we playing the same game?

I would suggest that your problem is not income, it is expenditure, what are you buying that is costing so much?

This. Absolutely spot on.

Here's some tips, firstly...and most importantly...spend less than you earn.

Do some preparation, and create a crafting budget. Don't go over your budget - try to limit your crafting by level.

Know your big expenses and save up for them (i.e. 48K for level 25 speeder training, 210K for level 40 speeder 2, etc.) Put that money aside once you have it.

Unless you're playing the market on Galatic Trade, don't buy anything from the GTN or from vendors. Unless it's something absolutely critical to the advancement of your character.

Use quest/commendation rewards only as your gear as you level. Once you hit endgame, then you can go nuts on spending for gear that will last you until they eventually raise the level cap.

Silicing has been nerfed, but you can still earn a living off of it. Lockboxes on some areas of Belsavis usually average 1K-1.5K per node.